NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things Bought at Renn Faires!

5 posters

Go down

Things Bought at Renn Faires! Empty Things Bought at Renn Faires!

Post by reboundstudent Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:33 pm

This year's contestant: a metal tube filled with ice and then corked that you stick down your cleavage. It is heaven on hot days. What is the weirdest/coolest/funnest thing you bought at a Renn Faire?

Things Bought at Renn Faires! Tumblr_m28jnjyNbJ1qalg37o1_r1_250
reboundstudent
reboundstudent

Back to top Go down

Things Bought at Renn Faires! Empty Re: Things Bought at Renn Faires!

Post by Enail Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:53 pm

Not bought at a Renn Faire, but I have purchased and made use of a hot tea egg for the same purpose but for a cold day! Grin
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:37 am

I have a long woollen cloak that I bought at a Ren Faire, or whatever we call them over here. It makes me look like an elf, and is very useful when it is snowing. I have had my eye on a two-handed Claymore for a couple of years, this might have to be the year....

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:17 am

Not Ren Faire but Wasteland Weekend, which is close enough are:
1. The goggles in my avatar pic and
2. My new tankard which is made out of a 75mm howitzer shell. I'll get a pic of that soonish.

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:18 am

I dunno if this really counts, but I ended up getting useless free shit at the last one I went to.

I somehow got a freaking bullseye at this archery range thing, and this chick dressed like Robin Hood screamed at everyone about what a noble knight I must be to hit the bullseye. It was pretty funny, I'd keep interrupting her with shit like "remember kids, always use steroids!" and she wouldn't stop laughing. At one point, she told me that it was too hard staying in character. I would've gotten her number, but this was an hour away from where I lived and I decided it was bad form to hit on a medieval archer type. That and I got this free certificate stating in broken Old English how good I was at archery.

The other thing that happened was that there was this chick walking around in a medieval dress with a sign around her neck called the Kissing Wench. Her entire job was to kiss people, I have no idea why. She found my friend and kissed him on the cheek, and then I began to walk away. But she literally ran after me screaming "Why the fuck don't you want to be kissed?!" and kissed me on the cheek by force. I'm not kidding. My friend took copious pics of it when I wasn't paying attention.

Considering how much I hate to be touched by strangers, I nearly freaked out right there. Weird day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:50 am

So at Pirate Fest last year there were wo college aged steampunk groups. The number two guy in one had a crush on the number one girl in the other. So after his friends plied me with drinks, explained his plight and that he hadn't worked up the courage to talk to her, I slurred out something like "you people are entire too subtle! I got this!"

So when everyone went up to the stage for a show, I jokingly switched top hats with him. I then walked past the woman in question and said "hold this for a second, would you?", looped around to get my hat back and sauntered off. Once he had no choice but to break the ice to get his hat back, they got along great the rest of the event.

I do NOT recommend this trick if you're not well calibrated and in a place with a very festive atmosphere already.

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:42 am

Glides wrote:
The other thing that happened was that there was this chick walking around in a medieval dress with a sign around her neck called the Kissing Wench. Her entire job was to kiss people, I have no idea why. She found my friend and kissed him on the cheek, and then I began to walk away. But she literally ran after me screaming "Why the fuck don't you want to be kissed?!" and kissed me on the cheek by force. I'm not kidding. My friend took copious pics of it when I wasn't paying attention.

Considering how much I hate to be touched by strangers, I nearly freaked out right there. Weird day.

Ugh, not okay! not okay! D:
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UristMcBunny Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:47 am

Glides wrote:

Gross gross gross! That does not sound fun at all (and going after you when you walked away? NOPE!)

Sorry that happened to you, Glides.

Moderator of "Romantic and Sexual Relationships"

http://uristmcdorf.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahGryph Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:46 am

First off, Glides - UGH! I can't speak for the one you went to, but I know at the ones I go to that would be super not allowed by anyone either working there or just there to play around. (It can sometimes be hard to tell which is which, I know.) Definitely something worth reporting to someone in charge if you felt comfortable doing so. I'm not saying that you should have done anything, just if anyone runs into that to keep in mind that it's definitely not ok.

On topic I know a few fests I've been to sell pretty glass tubes for the same purpose RBS mentioned and they are FABULOUS! Other than that, I picked up something neat and useful last time I was out. I needed a hat to keep the sun off my eyes and noticed a place selling some straw hats that were basically only the brim. It's cooler than a regular hat since your head can breathe, but still has the plus of shade.

Best thing I ever got from a fest was my rubber duck necklace, though. Smile There's a group out here that call themselves The Church of the Rubber Duck - they do some charity events and such, mostly just out there to make people smile. And if you join their "church" they give you a cute, free, rubber duck on a necklace. They number each one and I believe actually keep records of them now. Cute little thing anyway, always makes me smile. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum