NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suitcase buying and other Adult Things (TM)

3 posters

Go down

Suitcase buying and other Adult Things (TM) Empty Suitcase buying and other Adult Things (TM)

Post by celette482 Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:38 am

Mr. Celette and I are taking a cruise next month! It's a honeymoon, bar trip, and first anniversary trip all rolled into one. As a result, we've been looking at purchasing a true garment bag (need something to carry our formal clothes in!) I'm taking a break from bar studying to comparison shop suitcases, and thinking to myself "Yep, this is adulthood right here, in a nutshell"

What Adult Things (TM) have y'all be up to? Plus, is it worth trying to go for a carry-on sized garment bag, or should we just accept that any time we need a garment bag, we're gonna be checking luggage anyway? (we're driving to meet our ship this time around, so it's not an issue)
celette482
celette482

Back to top Go down

Suitcase buying and other Adult Things (TM) Empty Re: Suitcase buying and other Adult Things (TM)

Post by reboot Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:17 pm

Skip the garment bag unless you anticipate having lots of travel where most of your items need to be on hangers (e.g. suits for business trips). I have an older variation (as in 20ish years old) of this duffel bag that I use as my only luggage for 95% of my trips. It is amazing and if I pack carefully I can get 3 weeks worth of summer clothes and two pairs of shoes in it. It has definitely been used and abused, but thus far the only repair it has needed is some duct tape on the corner and bottom.
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Suitcase buying and other Adult Things (TM) Empty Re: Suitcase buying and other Adult Things (TM)

Post by PintsizeBro Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:54 pm

I'd say that any time you need a garment bag, you're going to be checking luggage. I did have one experience where I needed a tuxedo for a trip and managed to squeak by with just a carry-on, but the trip was only 4 days long. I folded my regular garment bag in half and it fit just fine in a regular carry-on suitcase.

PintsizeBro

Back to top Go down

Post by celette482 Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:04 pm

Thing is, we are? Because we're heading into Wedding Time, and our friends are all across the country. Plus, we like going to nice restaurants when we travel, so we always carry at least one suit/nice dress.

A good suitcase is really important, I've learned.
celette482
celette482

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum