NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuking online dating profile. (advice and opinions welcome)

3 posters

Go down

Nuking online dating profile.  (advice and opinions welcome) Empty Nuking online dating profile. (advice and opinions welcome)

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:05 pm

I regret to inform that I will delete my online dating profile at OKCupid. My endeavors in OLD has failed, I have not received any messages since the profile has been set up 2013 despite actively sending messages to others.

The reasons OLD has not worked for me are:

1. My profile is somewhat lacking, as I am afraid of posting my interest as to avoid the stigma of a nerd, While I embrace the label, many people do not. I have not overtly stated my interests in attempt to look "normal"

2. I am not as physically attractive as people online expect, I am not a rich 6 foot tan bodybuilder that some people expect me to be. As a result I have abstained from posting pictures online.

2. I expected at least 1 reply to one message to consider OLD to be potential tool to find that special someone. My lack of replies in my profile is an indication that online dating is a waste of time and energy.

As such I will delete the profile tomorrow morning. I may consider keeping it depending on the opinions and advice here, if so, I ask for help giving my profile a complete overhaul. I may have to lie on my profile to guanrantee success.

opinions and advice are welcome.

Back to top Go down

Nuking online dating profile.  (advice and opinions welcome) Empty Re: Nuking online dating profile. (advice and opinions welcome)

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:14 pm

To add:

Reason 4: Too many douchebags and entitled men poisoned the well, ruining online dating for EVERYONE!! Thank you, Pick Up Assholes!!

Back to top Go down

Nuking online dating profile.  (advice and opinions welcome) Empty Re: Nuking online dating profile. (advice and opinions welcome)

Post by Werel Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:22 pm

Alex1989 wrote:2. I am not as physically attractive as people online expect, I am not a rich 6 foot tan bodybuilder that some people expect me to be. As a result I have abstained from posting pictures online.

Shocked Wait, are you saying you put up an OLD profile for two years without any photos? And you're surprised you aren't getting messages?
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:25 pm

Werel wrote:
Alex1989 wrote:2. I am not as physically attractive as people online expect, I am not a rich 6 foot tan bodybuilder that some people expect me to be. As a result I have abstained from posting pictures online.

Shocked Wait, are you saying you put up an OLD profile for two years without any photos? And you're surprised you aren't getting messages?

Seriously. I would never message someone without a photo. I would assume they were cheating on someone and afraid to be recognized
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:27 pm

<mod>It's fine if you don't want to try online dating anymore, Alex. It's also fine if you do want to continue using it. However, this looks like one of many threads of this kind you've posted, where it seems as if you're asking forum members to talk you into something that you believe we want you to continue doing or to talk you out of doing something harmful to others (like lying). As we've discussed in the past, that's not something people here are up for. As such, I'm going to lock this thread. If you want to talk about improving your online dating profile, there's a thread for that already. If you want to talk about how much rejection hurts, there's a thread for that too.</mod>
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum