NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corona Thoughts: The Coronaing

+2
Enail
KMR
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Corona Thoughts: The Coronaing Empty Corona Thoughts: The Coronaing

Post by bomaye Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:11 am

Corona Thoughts: The Coronaing Coronavirus-social-distancing-bingo

Just crossed "cut my own hair" off of Coronavirus Bingo
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Corona Thoughts: The Coronaing Empty Re: Corona Thoughts: The Coronaing

Post by Enail Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:37 pm

Aw, man! I've got ~50% of the squares and still no bingo! At least there's still time? Wink

That was pretty fast to get to the dire straits of cutting your own hair! At this rate it's only going to take you another week before you try to form a new society by training your cutlery! I wish I'd gotten a haircut a few weeks ago, but I'm probably just going to hold out and hope I don't land up going Rapunzel.

How are y'all doing? My daily life has changed very little, I'm actually more in touch with people than I usually would be and feeling oppressed by my aunt and uncle wanting to do a family Skype weekly when I normally see them 2x/yr!

I bought Animal Crossing to stay in touch with a friend that I normally see frequently but who is incredibly annoying to communicate with in any way other than in person. Not sure how it'll work for connecting without wanting to kill him, but it's a pretty fun, peaceful game so far.

Currently at war to take back my balcony from the pigeons, I'm finally gaining some ground! And my parents are finally taking it seriously and staying home, which is lucky, b/c if they didn't start soon, I probably would have had to go over there to murder them and/or give them coronavirus if I didn't murder them fast enough! I suppose murdering them would defeat the point of wanting them to stay inside, though. Grin
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:53 pm

I get a haircut around 2 times a year, usually at the end of winter/beginning of spring and sometimes at the end of summer/beginning of fall. I grow it long as fuck and then just buzzcut it off. It was long as fuck and the temperatures were juuuust starting to rise to Springtime levels and I was like "ehhhhh, maybe in a week or two when I start mowing the lawn regularly again" and then all of fucking a sudden...

Life here hasn't changed tooooo much. My sister was about 2 weeks away from finishing her finals in her college course for medical admin and she was just about to start herrrrrr whatever-you-call-an-internship-with-that-stuff and then they more or less postponed it indefinitely. so that was a bit of a dodged bullet.
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:00 pm

Favourite Coronavirus Meme

Corona Thoughts: The Coronaing 960x0

Second Favourite Coronavirus Meme
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by KMR Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:34 pm

Enail wrote:Not sure how it'll work for connecting without wanting to kill him

if they didn't start soon, I probably would have had to go over there to murder them and/or give them coronavirus if I didn't murder them fast enough!

You sure you're holding up okay, Enail? That's an awful lot of talk about murder in the span of two paragraphs... Razz

As a massive introvert with lots of solitary hobbies, I haven't been impacted too much by all of this. And I already had a work-from-home job, so that hasn't changed at all. The main thing is that I live with my parents and they're home more often now... so actually, instead of feeling more lonely, I'm feeling a little more socially drained than usual.

Also, my mom works at a travel agency, and their business has been impacted by this whole situation... so here's hoping she still has a job when this is all over.
KMR
KMR

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:17 pm

rofl Probably just that I was having two annoying conversations where the other person completely didn't answer my question that I needed them to answer just before posting, I was getting pretty aggravated! Anyway, don't worry, I can work out my violent impulses by water-gunning my balcony pigeons!

Oof, having people at home more often can be brutal, especially if they're stressed and feeling shut in! Sorry you're getting too much social interaction too, this seems to be a theme among introverts. Hopefully you can figure out how to give yourselves a little more of a break from each other once you're all more settled in. Good luck to your mom with her job!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:08 pm

>Surprise Nintendo Direct
>They lead off with THAT game

Nintendo's the Corona Bro tbh
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:11 pm

>Confirmed case in town

WELP
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:59 pm

>300+ cases in Toronto, at least one person under isolation in my building

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of coughing! Razz (the coughing is me, I just inhaled a bunch of water into my lungs)

Glad you guys have already been being super-careful!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:28 pm

It was a pleasure to know you ;_;>
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:34 pm

It's okay, I've survived being incompetent at drinking all my life, it's not going to kill me now Razz
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:31 pm

>boyfriend’s roommate, who I saw within the last week (I KNOW, it was a calculated risk to bring them supplies), goes to urgent care with The Symptoms and they actually test her
>Oregon isn’t currently bothering to use testing kits on anybody who isn’t v obviously half dead from roni

Cool I’ll be waiting here for 3-5 business days to find out whether she’s got it and he’s got it and I’ve got it and my partner’s got it and telling myself I’m not actually wheezing right now it’s just my imagination  Thumbs-up
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:41 pm

Yikes! Hope you're all safe and clear!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:01 pm

Sending you my energy so that nothing corona pops up Sad
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:51 pm

I’m entering the phase where I’m consumed by justified anger, what do with this when can’t leave house scratch
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:59 pm

Angry phone calls to your representatives? Skype-punch someone? Furiously shun everyone?
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:45 pm

Enail wrote:Skype-punch someone?

Shocked Teach me the ways of the Skype punch, sensei.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:11 pm

I...just assumed that if you're angry enough, you can physically reach through a screen and attack the person on the other end? Is that not how computers work??
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:29 am

>pandemic
>quarantine
>power goes out for an hour

Post apocalyptic times were truly almost upon us
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:53 pm

Uh-oh Time to panic-buy a generator, a 50 gallon barrel of gas, and store it all next to the wood stove
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by KMR Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:00 pm

I coughed once, lightly, and my mom felt the need to come in from the other room to check on me and then lecture me about not drinking enough water.

Later, I heard my mom cough a few times in a row, and when I remarked on it, she was like, "I was coughing? No, I don't think so."
KMR
KMR

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:31 pm

Corona test was negative for boyfriend’s roommate. I am glad, but also... not? At all? Because at least if she had it, I had the mental comfort of knowing we’d all probably be immune soon after having lived through mild cases. Now it’s just back to “wonder how bad it’ll be when we finally catch it,” and he goes back to work getting exposed all day for minimum wage with no protective gear.  Dead

In other news, it’s cool how violence is already increasing in my neighborhood, came out of the grocery store on Sunday to find a dude had been fatally shot in the parking lot. WHO’S READY TO MAD MAX THIS SHIT Thumbs-up
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:35 pm

Semi-congratulations? I know what you mean, it'd feel good to know you've already survived it. Sorry you've got people having to expose themselves to germs, too.

And wow, that's scary that your neighbourhood is that fast to go Mad Max!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hielario Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:07 am

My entire country's supermarkets have run out of yeast and the only seller of whole flour in my city ran out in two weeks. I'm happy that more people are learbing to bake, but this is insane.

On the other side, we get to fap without remorse!

Back to top Go down

Post by Datelessman Fri May 08, 2020 11:43 pm

My thoughts are that it is insane and a generational crisis. And the second within less than 15 years if you count the 2008 financial crash.

I live in NY which is the epicenter of the crisis. While my odds of surviving it if I caught it are good (I am under 40 and in relatively good health), my handicapped mother pretty much fits all the criteria of someone who would be at the most risk. Thankfully I have not lost my job, but the company I work for is suffering and I was one of the last people forced to work from home for the last 2 weeks.

The only "good" to come of this is that the Covid-19 crisis has indefinitely delayed the housing court eviction trial my mother and I were in the midst of.

And yes, it has effectively shut down casual dating for anyone but the most reckless.
Datelessman
Datelessman

https://datelessman.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum