NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corona Thoughts: The Coronaing

+2
Enail
KMR
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Corona Thoughts: The Coronaing - Page 2 Empty Re: Corona Thoughts: The Coronaing

Post by Enail Sat May 09, 2020 1:08 am

I'm glad to hear you're able to work at home, and that you've got stable housing through all this.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Corona Thoughts: The Coronaing - Page 2 Empty Re: Corona Thoughts: The Coronaing

Post by Enail Thu May 21, 2020 3:46 pm

Ontario is starting to re-open based on - as far as I can tell - nothing but two weeks of declining percentages of increases - the actual number of new cases daily is still higher than when we shut down.  There's vague assurances that we're doing contact tracing but no actual info on it, I very much doubt we're doing it to a degree where it can actually be useful in controlling outbreaks. And if they've got a plan for determining if/when we need to shut down again, they haven't let any of us in on it.  Disgruntled  I guess Doug Ford is back to being terrible?
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hielario Thu May 21, 2020 5:29 pm

How have things been in Canada? In my country we never get news from there, and I don't trust USAn media.

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Thu May 21, 2020 5:47 pm

So-so, we're not in as rough shape as the US or UK, but we're certainly not in the good range  either.  I think somewhere in the Switzerland/Portugal range, per capita. There've been a lot of deaths in care homes. Everyone is pretty much following science and basically trying to support people and businesses, no crazy stuff like in the US, but some provinces haven't been as fast and strict as they should be or as helpful, plus decades of social service cuts and poor employment laws meant we didn't start off terribly well-prepared to head it off going in.

In any case, you can't generally find much about Canada in the US news, we're not really on their radars beyond an occasional "oh, haha, that Canada place."
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum