NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rants

+51
Enail
Suika
dustyteal
readertorider
trooper6
PintsizeBro
Raindancing
Prajnaparamita
Gman
TheRoux
BasedBuzzed
LadyIkaros
Caffeinated
KMR
OneTrueGuest
Coin-op Adjutant
Spiffo
WJMorris3
kath
username_6916
kleenestar
Izmuth
Kaz
reboot
SadisticToaster
Barretts_Salt
Hirundo Bos
Jayce
Xexyz
nonA
BiSian
celette482
Robjection
azazel
Conreezy
Werel
sky
Mel
nearly_takuan
Wondering
caliseivy
waxingjaney
Lemminkainen
reboundstudent
IntelligentDice
Gentleman Johnny
Gamerz
UristMcBunny
concentus
eselle28
fakely mctest
55 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Rants - Page 39 Empty Re: Rants

Post by caliseivy Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:57 am

Getting tired of your bs, body. You know we can't use stuff like makeup or concealer so stop breaking out; we have enough trouble looking presentable as it is.
I hate feeling like in order to look presentable or professional at my job I'll have to wear makeup or subject myself to the trauma of flat-ironing my hair. I look at myself in the mirror everyday and while I can put together a nice outfit, my face and my hair never look professional, or grown-up enough, or like they even match the outfit somehow.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:06 pm

Waking up to a 4" cockroach on my pillow is not what I had in mind for today, Island Life. No
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:09 pm

Werel wrote:Waking up to a 4" cockroach on my pillow is not what I had in mind for today, Island Life. No

Rants - Page 39 GunnShudder
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:49 pm

Werel wrote:Waking up to a 4" cockroach on my pillow is not what I had in mind for today, Island Life. No

You know how some hotels leave a mint on your pillow? Think of it as a self-delivering macadamia.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by Prajnaparamita Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:24 pm

waxingjaney wrote:

You know how some hotels leave a mint on your pillow? Think of it as a self-delivering macadamia.

Packed with protein too!

Pillow Cockroaches--the essential start to every tropical breakfast! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:55 am

>Dutch feminist journalism site
>90% is articles on pop culture and recycled American content instead of specific concerns such as the ongoing battles of sex worker feminists after that rescue industry doc, continue controversies over headscarves or even some kind of blogroll to other Dutch feminists
>click an article on why ironic misandry is not so bad
>"Jessica Valente", too many paragraphs wasted on a disclaimer on how the author defends her male friends against generalizations and generic translated part on how privilege makes dudes largely immune to the consequences without touching upon the elephant of ableism

I know I have a penchant for trying to outleft this type of content in order to take some of the points that would apply to me less to heart, but even with that streak taken into account this is just lacking.

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:47 pm

Some people are fucking stupid. And argumentative for the wrong damn reasons.
If you feel you're too important to follow the simplest, clearest policy we have and need to con us to circumvent the fucking thing when what you think you need to do isn't important anyway, GTFO; seriously, go find another fucking building to sit in where they didn't have to put these rules in place thanks to people like you.
I'm not stupid, nor am I being unreasonable or mean or nasty, etc. we both know you wouldn't be arguing with me over something so inconsequential if you had made an honest mistake and weren't consciously trying to get over on me.
You're lucky I only started raising my voice slightly, as opposed to what I've wanted to say to people like you I've had to deal with over a lifetime in customer service; if you'd kept "trying to make me understand" your total bullshit, you would've had the earful.
God, it's not even noon yet.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:35 pm

No, phone, I do not want to learn to get the most out of my Nook app. The whole ereader experience is pretty self-explanatory, and your notifications are getting annoying.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:11 pm

I rush out of the house to get to class on time, skipping showing and throwing on a ratty T-shirt on because the rest of my clothes are in the drier and not ready. I show up to an empty clasd room and realize that I was being spacey and left and half hour early... Headsmack
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by PintsizeBro Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:09 pm

I am so very tired and hungry but I haven't been able to take a break because there's always some other fucking thing that needs to be done. And when I actually delegate a task, the guy decides to take a long lunch before taking care of it, so the client calls me back to complain that the person who was supposed to call him hasn't called him yet.

Normally I love my job. I do not love today.

PintsizeBro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:13 pm

A major pet-peeve of mine is when somebody asks a dating advice question it is answered with generic self-improvement advice (go to the gym! Join a club! Talk to people everyday!) and nothing directly answering the question.

Self-improvement helps with dating a lot, but when somebody asks a specific question actually answer it with a specific answer!
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:41 pm

Have to get blood drawn for testing tomorrow.
Naturally my body decides I'm starving Neutral
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:33 pm

When did the secret cabal meet and decide to eliminate peanut butter cookies? I like Nutter Butters, but that's not what we were asked to pick up. It's hard to resist conspiracy theorizing when an entire aisle of cookies has not one pack of peanut butter by any brand.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:59 pm

Dear hormones,

I understand that things are complicated since half of a major hormone producing system is having issues. Trust me, I am working on saving enogh money to get it gone. But for now, could you please stop dicking with my weight? First you had me up 15, now I am down 12 from where I was. Enough already.

Best,

Reboot
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:45 am

Idiot. What did I write the script for if I wasn't going to use it? Damn it, I am the wrong person to talk to about these kinds of things.

I know you need somebody to talk to about this kind of thing,
I was supposed to say,
and I don't think you're wrong and I'm not angry. I am only walking away from this conversation because of stuff I can't handle.
So, no, choosing to try to "handle" it anyway was the wrong call. It was only passively sitting there but it was still a choice and an action and it was the wrong one.

Next time, remember the damn script.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:56 am

We've been having trouble with the mailperson delivering our packages to the same number a street over, and us getting mail from the houses up and down our street as though the mailperson can't count or read (it happens on a regular basis). While trying to find a way to make a complaint, I keep seeing everywhere that people's responses to a mailperson not doing their job correctly are to just pay for a PO Box, or become friendly with the carrier and make them cookies. It bothers me that the solution to someone not doing the job they are paid to do is to give them nice things and be friendly, or just come out of your pocket and pay for something else, especially when it's cases like mail being delivered to the wrong addresses on a almost weekly basis or misplacing bill payments.

Mother I find it stupid that you think it's perfectly ok and correct to call someone because you forgot to ask her in person if she's pregnant again, and get bothered by me saying "oh my god" in exasperation when you do it. Yes you've had kids before and been overweight, that doesn't mean you always know when weight gain = pregnant - and you definitely don't ask someone that when they're already feeling upset and mention the weight they've gained. Fuck it gets me upset and I only have to hear about it.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:55 am

I just found out my aunt died. While it should never come as a surprise that someone over 70 died, it still gut punched me. I just saw her a month or so ago and she was so.....vital, I guess. Now I am worried that my uncle will die soon too, since they were an incredibly tight couple.
reboot
reboot

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:57 am

So sorry about your aunt, Reboot.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:07 pm

Enail wrote:So sorry about your aunt, Reboot.

Thanks, enail. Apparently she just fell and died, so totally out of the blue. It has knocked my uncle on his ass because she was the healthier of the two so he expected to go first Crying
reboot
reboot

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:35 pm

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:52 pm

Condolences, reboot. It can be an awful surprise even at that age. Sad
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:27 am

I wish there was way to comment on Facebook pages without your friends seeing.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:53 pm

That moment when you just can't, and all you really wanna do is crawl into a hole and cover it up to escape the shit...
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:33 pm

Aaaand, the dumbass award of the year goes to me!

Girl in my swim class said her name was P, I misheard it as T. SOOO, I've been calling her T since. -facepalm-

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:30 am

Politically fraught rant:
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down