NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That's it! I AM GOING IN!!! [Adv. or opinions]

+2
Enail
BasedBuzzed
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

That's it! I AM GOING IN!!! [Adv. or opinions] Empty That's it! I AM GOING IN!!! [Adv. or opinions]

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 7:48 pm

After reading the Doc's articles over and over to ease my recent depressive episode, I have decided to do what maybe the stupidest thing I have ever done: Go up and talk to the cute MP. I am giving myself one last chance, one moment to just break out of my fucking spiral. I HAVE HAD ABOUT ENOUGH OF MY OWN BULLSHIT!!! I would sum up my social and dating lie in one comparison: The Imperial Japanese Navy post-Midway, failure after failure. I am going to go for one last chance. One final sortie. Forget about the past and do not think about the future. I am putting dates, sex, marriage, whatever aside, I will go with the intention of saying "hello" and that's it. I know I am not in the best mindset to talk to her but I have to connect with someone, who knows? maybe I earn a friend.

I am going in!! to me, This will be like Operation Ten-Go, I am the Yamato, she is Okinawa, I know it is a suicide mission but I am going in anyway!! I don't care if I sink on the way there, I AM GOING IN!!

(Just imagine the American planes as my anxieties and insecurities.)

Back to top Go down

That's it! I AM GOING IN!!! [Adv. or opinions] Empty Re: That's it! I AM GOING IN!!! [Adv. or opinions]

Post by BasedBuzzed Thu May 21, 2015 8:24 pm

There are never last chances, it's just a conversation, but good on you for deciding to take a chance.

Back to top Go down

That's it! I AM GOING IN!!! [Adv. or opinions] Empty Re: That's it! I AM GOING IN!!! [Adv. or opinions]

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 8:25 pm

BasedBuzzed wrote:There are never last chances, it's just a conversation, but good on you for deciding to take a chance.

Shrug Feels like one...

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Thu May 21, 2015 8:31 pm

Saying hi and not thinking of the future is a great goal! Give it a try, and don't forget to count it as a win if you do! And if it's stressful or you don't land up getting to see her, or if you don't feel like it went as well as you would have liked, be sure to give yourself some comforting R&R time afterwards, because you're doing something that scares you a lot, and that ain't nothing!

ETA: And Alex, because you know that this is something that hits some big emotional buttons for you (even if you're trying not to worry about those things), be really, really sure to watch for jerkbrain or self-destructive thinking afterwards (even if things go really well, it's easy to start second-guessing yourself) and get help immediately if you need to. Stay safe!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 8:38 pm

Enail wrote:Saying hi and not thinking of the future is a great goal! Give it a try, and don't forget to count it as a win if you do! And if it's stressful or you don't land up getting to see her, or if you don't feel like it went as well as you would have liked, be sure to give yourself some comforting R&R time afterwards, because you're doing something that scares you a lot, and that ain't nothing!

I know, in fact this was your genius idea, the "1 point for every time I say hi", except the first "hi" is always the hardest.

(P.S. did you see the video? It took me 25 minutes to find a "Final Battle" type video to put this situation in perspective, The scene is from Otoko Tachi No Yamato "The Men's Yamato.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Thu May 21, 2015 8:40 pm

You even set your 'hi' goals high! Razz Can't watch videos right now, but I'll try to check it out later.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 9:13 pm

Enail wrote:You even set your 'hi' goals high! Razz  Can't watch videos right now, but I'll try to check it out later.

Is that a bad thing? confused confused confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Thu May 21, 2015 9:52 pm

No, it's not! It's very brave!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 11:26 pm

Enail wrote:No, it's not! It's very brave!

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by PintsizeBro Thu May 21, 2015 11:29 pm

Be careful socializing while under the influence of exclamation points!!

Seriously, I'm glad. Remember to breathe, because oxygen is good. Smiling and saying "Hi" is, like, half of socializing right there.

PintsizeBro

Back to top Go down

Post by gaboz Fri May 22, 2015 3:26 am

That's it! I AM GOING IN!!! [Adv. or opinions] Giphy

gaboz

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Corvero Fri May 22, 2015 7:05 am

Jensen Ackles says you can do it! Eye of the tiger!

"People don't just change who they are in an instant. It takes time, so you don't even know you're changing. Until one day you'll just a little bit different than you used to be and you can't even tell what the hell happened" (Rich Burlew)

"You shouldn't take advice from random strangers on the Internet too seriously" said the random stranger on the Internet.
Andrew Corvero
Andrew Corvero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 4:54 pm

Enail wrote:Saying hi and not thinking of the future is a great goal! Give it a try, and don't forget to count it as a win if you do! And if it's stressful or you don't land up getting to see her, or if you don't feel like it went as well as you would have liked, be sure to give yourself some comforting R&R time afterwards, because you're doing something that scares you a lot, and that ain't nothing!

ETA: And Alex, because you know that this is something that hits some big emotional buttons for you (even if you're trying not to worry about those things), be really, really sure to watch for jerkbrain or self-destructive thinking afterwards (even if things go really well, it's easy to start second-guessing yourself) and get help immediately if you need to. Stay safe!

Roger that!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 2:59 pm

Wildfire in Salinas. Post evacuated, did not talk to her yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 3:01 pm

Will try tonight. Wish me luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sun May 24, 2015 3:06 pm

Good luck!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Sun May 24, 2015 4:41 pm

Good luck!
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:38 pm

It is done! Mission Complete! Way too easy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:39 pm

Congrats!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:42 pm

Good job, Alex! Glad it went well!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:19 pm

I even took a picture oh her. And friended her on facebook

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:20 pm

Wow, you really exceeded your goals there! Way to go!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:22 pm

Damn! Nicely done, Alex!
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Corvero Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:36 pm

Well played, Sir. Well played. Cool

"People don't just change who they are in an instant. It takes time, so you don't even know you're changing. Until one day you'll just a little bit different than you used to be and you can't even tell what the hell happened" (Rich Burlew)

"You shouldn't take advice from random strangers on the Internet too seriously" said the random stranger on the Internet.
Andrew Corvero
Andrew Corvero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:34 pm

But now I realize I do not know what I want. Im now so confused, it's as if the spark was not there after I spoke to her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum