NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate My Style Redux

+28
litterature
DoubtfulGuest
CP96
readertorider
jcorozza
AtlachNacha
Wondering
StrangePanda
LadyIkaros
Crimson
Stumbles
celette482
Jayce
8bitGreyscale
kath
reboot
Enail
Werel
reboundstudent
eselle28
BasedBuzzed
Conreezy
kleenestar
Lemminkainen
UristMcBunny
Suika
Gentleman Johnny
The Wisp
32 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Rate My Style Redux Empty Rate My Style Redux

Post by The Wisp Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:01 pm

[Deleted]

Last edited by The Wisp on Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Rate My Style Redux Empty Re: Rate My Style Redux

Post by Guest Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:54 pm

It's a good look! It's not quite my taste, but I feel like it matches what I know of you here pretty well, and you look... I don't know the right word. Intentional? It looks like you know what you look like and are happy with it.

Particularly above the neck -- the hair, glasses, facial hair -- it looks really put together and fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:30 pm

Its kinda 70s-80s throwback all together. Agreeing with Eliza, though, it goes together well enough that it looks like you know the look you;re going for.

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by Suika Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:25 pm

Is this where I show off my fedora and double-breasted jacket?
Suika
Suika

Back to top Go down

Post by UristMcBunny Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:57 pm

You look good! It definitely looks like you're paying attention to your appearance, and those clothes fit really well. Good job, dude.

Moderator of "Romantic and Sexual Relationships"

http://uristmcdorf.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:35 pm

I agree with the 70s-ish comment, I think it might be the effect of the hair + glasses together. Which isn't to say that it's a bad look! Lots of that going around, especially if you choose to hang out in record stores and music festivals. Wink i feel like a nice pair of lace-up boots (like this)would tie it off well, especially since it looks like you have the jeans cuffed up. Well done!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:44 pm

Also the v-neck t-shirt and the slightly flared dark blue jeans. Nothing wrong with that.

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by Lemminkainen Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:09 am

The Henley you're wearing fits you well, as do those jeans. I feel less sure than some of the other people do about your glasses/hair combo. I feel like I like both of them individually, but together, they're a little much. I feel like they make it harder for us to see your face. Could you show us some pics of yourself sans the glasses for comparison?

Lemminkainen

Back to top Go down

Post by kleenestar Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:42 am

My first reaction was "HOLY SHIT YES PLEASE." That was my second and third reaction too. So, er, good job!

I especially like the hair, and your wonderful smile in the second photo.
kleenestar
kleenestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Conreezy Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:08 pm

Shirt and jeans look good. What kind of shoe game do you have going on?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:51 pm

Thanks for the feedback everybody!

I wasn't going for a 70s-80s ish look, I was just shooting for what I thought looked good on me, but hey, if it works I'm fine with it Grin

@Lemmi: I see what you mean, the issue is that I don't like the way I look with short hair, and the glasses are necessary because lately my eyes haven't been tolerating contacts very well.

Conreezy wrote:Shirt and jeans look good.  What kind of shoe game do you have going on?

These are what I wear. Yeah, I know they're kinda boring. The problem is I have a lot of difficulty finding shoes that fit because I have very wide feet (I need double-wide in my size). If you guys can find

Last edited by The Wisp on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Lemminkainen Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:56 pm

Oh, I think that glasses in the abstract can be fine, even with the hair. I'm just thinking you might want to consider some more subtle frames.

Lemminkainen

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:03 pm

Lemminkainen wrote:Oh, I think that glasses in the abstract can be fine, even with the hair.  I'm just thinking you might want to consider some more subtle frames.

Interesting you say that, because on the old forum I had subtler frames, and people told me to go for bolder frames! Personally, I like these a lot, and I think they aren't as obstructive in real life as they may appear in a picture.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:42 pm

R8 me(orange picture is most recent, look I'm trying to achieve is self-aware douchebro):

Rate My Style Redux Absolu10

Rate My Style Redux Giruga10

Rate My Style Redux Salesm10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:45 pm

Tighten the knot on the tie a bit but you definitely own your look. I'm slowly realizing I have no photos of myself in non-costume clothes from this entire calendar year. Might have to take a couple to upload.

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by Lemminkainen Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:49 pm

The Wisp wrote:
Lemminkainen wrote:Oh, I think that glasses in the abstract can be fine, even with the hair.  I'm just thinking you might want to consider some more subtle frames.

Interesting you say that, because on the old forum I had subtler frames, and people told me to go for bolder frames! Personally, I like these a lot, and I think they aren't as obstructive in real life as they may appear in a picture.

I'm thinking same sort of general shape and style, just smaller.

Lemminkainen

Back to top Go down

Post by Conreezy Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:39 pm

I'm thinking that's a bit much black, BasedBuzzed, for another dark color tie.

Last edited by Conreezy on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Conreezy
Conreezy

Back to top Go down

Post by UristMcBunny Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:43 pm

BasedBuzzed, you're clothes look pretty good. Definite plus is that everything looks like it fits you well - the shirt isn't too baggy, although the trousers could maybe go a bit smaller? it's hard to tell without seeing better full-body pictures, but the top half at least you're dressing well. Also, your outfits definitely look intentional - like you have a specific image in mind and you're aiming for it, rather than haphazardly throwing whatever on, so overall you're hitting all the marks. I like your glasses, also.

Moderator of "Romantic and Sexual Relationships"

http://uristmcdorf.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:10 pm

Lemminkainen wrote:
The Wisp wrote:

I'm thinking same sort of general shape and style, just smaller.

Ah, I see. I'll keep that in mind when I get new frames (though that probably won't be for another year and half).
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:34 pm

For whatever it's worth, I like your frames (disclaimer: I really like glasses in general and may not always appraise them in the way others do).
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by reboundstudent Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:22 pm

Wisp-looking good! I agree about looking retro/70's... I think you're gonna have a hard time getting away from that kind of style when you keep your hair that way. Luckily, it's a pretty "in" look right now in certain scenes, and you fit it very well! Now to figure out a formal version of that look.

Buzzed-I love the slicked back hair. Maybe a skinner tie? I love suits, and yet that one reminded me of a Lego person? I think stripes and a wide tie make you look a odd.

May I request some suggestions from my recent weekend trip?

First a day look (if anybody remembers from the blog, this is the wool skirt I made from the patterns I was debating):
Rate My Style Redux 3ro9KTy

Then an evening look!
Rate My Style Redux F2ulfXw

What do you guys think?
reboundstudent
reboundstudent

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:59 pm

Damn, looking good, Wisp! Your shoes are terrible (sorry Razz) but I'm very much on board with the outfit otherwise; you might try a casual wingtip or something a little less grandfatherly (Cole Haan makes some decent looking men's wide shoes, I'm sure you can find some cooler/more unique ones on Zappos). I like the glasses, but am with Lemminkainen that some combo of the glasses and haircut are pinging something odd I can't quite put my finger on. Actually, if you grew your hair back out a little, it might fit the look better-- I really liked the messy look you were sporting previously.

BasedBuzzed, you always look good and fun and like somebody I'd want to hang out with, like you just own your shit with no apologies. Only thing: what do you usually wear in your hair? It looks so much better and less crunchy/hard/oily to the touch in the middle photo, makes me think you've usually got some hardcore pomade or gel going. Which I'm not a fan of, but maybe tastes are different over there (ETA: well Marty likes it, shows how easy it is to get consensus on any style question).

Marty, that skirt is super cute! No other comments except that your jacket sleeves look a little long and you're probably already entirely aware of that. Smile
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by reboundstudent Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:03 am

Werel wrote: Marty, that skirt is super cute! No other comments except that your jacket sleeves look a little long and you're probably already entirely aware of that. Smile

Rate My Style Redux Tumblr_lmy7sfRRoZ1qkad1po1_500

Since shortening sleeves on that kind of jacket is annoyingly fussy, I just pretend it was an intentional style choice, and chalk it as up "eccentric cute."
reboundstudent
reboundstudent

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:04 am

Marty, I love the skirt, looks great on you! I'm not quite sure about the shorter jacket, longer shirt combo for you, I wonder if longer jackets with a little more flaring at the bottom might suit you better? ('Not quite sure' is not a polite way of saying it's bad, I genuinely can't decide if I like it or am only so-so about it. )
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:30 am

I love the skirt RBS, but am not sure how I feel about it with the denim jacket. I think I would like it better with a black, more form fitting jacket, possibly leather? I love the evening outfit!
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum