NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rate My Style Redux

+28
litterature
DoubtfulGuest
CP96
readertorider
jcorozza
AtlachNacha
Wondering
StrangePanda
LadyIkaros
Crimson
Stumbles
celette482
Jayce
8bitGreyscale
kath
reboot
Enail
Werel
reboundstudent
eselle28
BasedBuzzed
Conreezy
kleenestar
Lemminkainen
UristMcBunny
Suika
Gentleman Johnny
The Wisp
32 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Rate My Style Redux - Page 5 Empty Re: Rate My Style Redux

Post by UristMcBunny Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:00 am

Crimson, you look good! Your clothes look like the fit you well, and although the picture is blurry I can tell you're by no means unattractive - a good looking guy, generally. The only thing I can see at first glance is that you could maybe do with doing something more with your hair. The length is fine, but you could possibly style it a little to look more like an intentional decision and less like a "I get it cut, wash it when dirty but otherwise forget it exists" kind of thing.

Moderator of "Romantic and Sexual Relationships"

http://uristmcdorf.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyIkaros Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:45 pm

Seconding everything Bunny said.
LadyIkaros
LadyIkaros

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:09 pm

UristMcBunny wrote:Crimson, you look good! Your clothes look like the fit you well, and although the picture is blurry I can tell you're by no means unattractive - a good looking guy, generally. The only thing I can see at first glance is that you could maybe do with doing something more with your hair. The length is fine, but you could possibly style it a little to look more like an intentional decision and less like a "I get it cut, wash it when dirty but otherwise forget it exists" kind of thing.

The thing is, I DO try to do more to my hair. Right now though it's gotten pretty thick and heavy so it's hard to do much with it that doesn't fall apart by 5 Pm (that pic was taken right after I got back from work).

I guess it is time to get a haircut.

Crimson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayce Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:55 am

So I normally don't do this, but I just got offered an opportunity for modelling by a friend. Mostly its going to be advertisement modelling I think. So I want all the feedback I can get. So how is my musculature, is it conventionally attractive enough? I have a shot of me with my new haircut, the length is definitely ok right?

Also I have photos of me with, and without some makeup, I'm a total beginner at doing it, but is the change good enough, or does it need to look more matte or something? I don't use bronzer in these cause I'm a noob and still trying to figure out how the damn thing works.

I have really poor and thinning hair (around 70% hair loss according to a hair loss clinic) so all lot of hairstyles are out a reach for me, so if you guys want to suggest maybe some easy to do hairstyles if my current one dosent suit conventionally attractive much, you can recommend it to me as well. But crazy, hard to do upstyles that require volume probably wont work. The reason my hair dosen't look like its losing 70% and receding too hard is because I keep it shorter, use product, and I also put in hair concealer to make it look less visible.

Sorry that the quality is not so good, these are all selfies.

No makeup
https://i.servimg.com/u/f38/19/02/53/59/img_1511.jpg

Musculature. This kind of musculature build is inspired by Chris Evans as Captain America. Still a work in progress but I think it can be good enough for modelling unless its for the underwear naked top half kind of sort which I probably can't do at the moment or anytime soon since I don't have a flat stomach let alone a six pack.
Rate My Style Redux - Page 5 Img_2510

Makeup and shorter hair:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f38/19/02/53/59/img_2110.jpg

Most recent hair length
https://i.servimg.com/u/f38/19/02/53/59/img_2511.jpg

No makeup, nothing done with hair except brushed it a bit, this one is to just contrast my one with makeup to ask if the difference is ok enough. Also I have longer hair in this one.
https://i.servimg.com/u/f38/19/02/53/59/img_2512.jpg

I know I don't smile much or eschew much personality in any of these and body language is extremely important for gigs like this but its because these are selfies I take to just keep track of my progress in managing my appearance.

Jayce

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:32 pm

Crimson wrote:Here's me!

https://i.imgur.com/SW3z6eq.jpg

Sorry for the shitty quality. I'm mostly just looking for the general am I ugly/is my hair okay/how does my outfit look?

All good. Nothing generally wrong. Passes basic muster. Smile

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:34 pm

Jayce wrote:So I normally don't do this, but I just got offered an opportunity for modelling by a friend. Mostly its going to be advertisement modelling I think. So I want all the feedback I can get. So how is my musculature, is it conventionally attractive enough? I have a shot of me with my new haircut, the length is definitely ok right?

Personaly opinion, the really short sides in the "most recent hair length" look really works for you.

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayce Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:52 pm

Thanks!

Jayce

Back to top Go down

Post by Conreezy Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:57 am

My vote is for the "make up and shorter hair" look.

Back to top Go down

Post by StrangePanda Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:51 am

Jayce, I really like your photos with makeup! Seems to me, you're better at makeup than I am Razz It doesn't seem like a mask so you're doing it right. If you want to learn how to apply bronzer and other things, you can search for youtube tutorials, there're tons of them out there and I learned a lot of useful stuff from them (mostly for dealing with my hair but I did see many videos for how to do makeup basics).
Also, if your friend offered you to model that's because they already think you're good looking enough for this!

StrangePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:59 am

StrangePanda wrote:
Also, if your friend offered you to model that's because they already  think you're good looking enough for this!

This part is very true and you can take it straight to heart.

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:00 pm

Alright, I need some input on a choice of shoes!

The rest of my style is the same as when I posted in the first page of this thread. Here are some options I'm considering:

http://www.zappos.com/dunham-revdusk-black

http://www.zappos.com/rockport-world-tour-elite-encounter-dark-brown-tumbled-leather

http://www.zappos.com/rockport-rocsports-lite-zonecush-moc-toe-oxford-dark-brown

I've honestly never bought shoes for style before in my life, so are these good choices on my part?
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:30 pm

By the way, I got a new haircut today!

Rate My Style Redux - Page 5 LuV7l7H

Thoughts?
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:08 pm

Love the haircut! It looks really good!

Of the shoes listed, I'd pick the first ones, but I would also advocate forever and ever for everyone on earth to own a pair of Converse All-Stars. Razz
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:32 pm

Good looking haircut, Wisp! Suits the facial hair quite well, I have to say.

I also say go with the first pair of shoes. But if you did want a brown pair, I'd vote for the second pair.

In personal news, might be getting myself a full set of fitted, highland dress soon. With tweed, mind, so it's not too formal. But it makes picking a tartan trickier because it's harder to match greys and browns of tweed with them than it is the black of Argyle, Prince Charlie or Black Isle.

This is going to keep me up at night.

Back to top Go down

Post by StrangePanda Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:13 am

Wisp, your haircut is very good Grin

StrangePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:54 am

Thanks for the positive feedback Panda, Mapwater, and Werel! Grin
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayce Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:31 am

If the website you pointed to were how much those shoes actually cost, then they are pretty pricey (to a uni student like me anyway). They only cost twenty dollars less than my most expensive dress shoes. I think you probably could get them at some place cheaper unless they are custom made or something.

Out of the three I personally like number two the best, because the colour is better.

Werel wrote:Love the haircut! It looks really good!

Of the shoes listed, I'd pick the first ones, but I would also advocate forever and ever for everyone on earth to own a pair of Converse All-Stars. Razz

:p I actually don't own converses, they feel a bit off to me, when I wear them. It feels artistically jarring when I pair it with my clothes.

Personally when it comes to men's shoes I favour a more formal look, or a more preppy look. But that's just me.

http://www.topman.com/en/tmuk/product/shoes-and-accessories-1928527/smart-shoes-140525/tan-leather-tassel-loafers-2662303?bi=1&ps=200

http://www.topman.com/en/tmuk/product/shoes-and-accessories-1928527/smart-shoes-140525/black-patent-tassle-loafers-2662380?bi=1&ps=200

Also, Wisp, your hairstyle's good, well cut, very matte, your smile's fantastic, your facial hair and your glasses fit well. I know your hair is not dark but you could totally pull off Clark Kent!

Jayce

Back to top Go down

Post by Conreezy Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:22 pm

Great haircut, Wisp.  Gives your jaw a stronger look.

As for shoes, I liked the first ones the best.  

I've honestly never bought shoes for style before in my life, so are these good choices on my part?

Depends on your style.  Though the 2nd and 3rd choices don't strike me as particularly stylish, the shoes you selected are pretty casual.  Nothing wrong with that.  Jayce seems to prefer a much more formal look.  Nothing wrong with that either. I tend to go a little in between, in an old-school way, and have a pair a lot like these:

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/lord-and-taylor/copley-derby-shoes?site_refer=CSE_GGLPRADS001_LT&CAWELAID=120178030000305818&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=120178030000917844&cadevice=c&gclid=CjwKEAiAmaanBRCIt4364e2d6yUSJAA9VXTUQBVW2LLePLS6wdqZXtCA4mexnsVbBes0k2pbS8Mw_RoCx9bw_wcB

I can dress them up or down (though I go with suede when I'm really trying to be casual.)

I also have some derbies just like that, wingtipped, in black for more button-downed occasions.  But then I also wear sneakers when I feel like it (the khaki version):  http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/polo-ralph-lauren-vaughn-canvas-sneakers?ID=466823&pla_country=US&CAGPSPN=pla&CAWELAID=120156340000143768&catargetid=120156340001070536&cadevice=c&cm_mmc=Google_Nongender_Shoes_PLA_PLA-_-Nongender+Shoes+Brands_Polo+Ralph+Lauren-_-65707787583_-_-_mkwid_Ti7Xfijk|dc_65707787583|-|Ti7Xfijk

The point is, I guess, that you should find the image you want to convey and wisely buy accordingly.  Don't buying nice oxfords when you think you're more of a chukka boot or sneaker guy.  Pinterest and StyleForums are great places to see various looks.  They help me refine the image I'm looking to project, which keeps me from impulse buys that I regret later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:03 am

Looking good, Wisp!

As far as those shoes, I'd go with the first primarily, or the second if you want brown. I have to admit I like stuff more like this or this with the rest of your style, but I tend to like the urban-boots look. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:29 am

For wearing with jeans, I like brown better than black, so I'd vote for the second pair you listed. But the first pair is fine if you're wanting black.

Yay on the new haircut. Smile

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:38 am

Wondering wrote:For wearing with jeans, I like brown better than black, so I'd vote for the second pair you listed. But the first pair is fine if you're wanting black.

Yay on the new haircut. Smile

Thanks!

I prefer brown as well, so I went with the second pair.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Rate My Style Redux - Page 5 Empty EEEEEEEEEEGH

Post by AtlachNacha Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:12 pm

*Deep breaths* Okay, here goes. Terrified right now. Hope nobody on here recognizes me...

Pictures taken on different days, I apologize for the state of the mirror, the room, my hair (which never seems to be in a particularly cooperative mood) and the quality of the pictures themselves. ugh. Anyway, see? Like I said in the other thread, nothing too dramatic. You can't see it too well, but the double breasted suit in the second pic has pinstripes that are rather noticeable in person. First pic is more recent, and also more terrified. The bowtie and both pocket squares I made myself, which is why the hems on the pocket squares are awful. The bowtie and its matching square (inexplicably being worn in two different pictures rather than together) were made from a bandanna from walmart. The white pocket square has this neat pattern on it that is completely invisible in the picture. Chains were bought at a craft store and merged with the little claspy things that were on the pocket watch's original chain, and a found cross for a fob. pfgfghtrfgh. Everything else is thrift stores and gifts. Why am I saying all this? nobody cares Laughing

So... thoughts? Am I pretty? Laughing  Center part or off-center part? I know both jackets probably need tailoring. Lose the gloves maybe?

Will fulfill Caffeinated's request as soon as I have some money available to blow on makeup. Laughing

Ugh, hitting the send button now *deep breaths again*  pale

Last edited by AtlachNacha on Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cowardice)

AtlachNacha

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:24 pm

I definitely like your style but am not 100% in love with the center parted hair. It seems kind of too, I dunno, hippie casual for the clothes? But a side part might cover too much of your face.

You are way too young for me to comment on your attractiveness since I am probably old enough to be your mother.
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:33 pm

Awww, you are pretty! Like a young Damien Echols. Laughing

I agree with reboot on the center part not hitting quite right. Try a side part? And re: gloves: the leather is not ringing "corporate" bells for me. If you're having trouble with people finding you intimidating, yeah, lose the gloves. But the watch chains look good, and the bow tie is adorable. I dig that plum colored shirt, too.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:45 pm

Maybe if you want gloves go for something more formal looking? Because those ones look a bit motorcycle-ish? Maybe something even military dress uniform looking or vintage formal?
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum