NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming

+34
bomaye
Hielario
Hirundo Bos
The Mikey
G minor
Yoshiland
Amygdala
Aggrax
Izmuth
Mara_
Prajnaparamita
Mme. Lara
Conreezy
WJMorris3
Jayce
BasedBuzzed
Barretts_Salt
Xexyz
sky
Caffeinated
KMR
caliseivy
kath
litterature
Gentleman Johnny
Robjection
waxingjaney
readertorider
PintsizeBro
Wondering
The Wisp
eselle28
reboot
nearly_takuan
38 posters

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 8 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by reboot Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:45 pm

"Hey! You going to be home this afternoon? My friend is coming by and picking up a pistol" - Only from Rooms would this be a perfectly normal request
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 8 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Hirundo Bos Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:53 pm

There's someone whose face I've seen in the media, featured in a documentary about comment section warriors, and in connection with the Norwegian branch of Pegida, who looks a little like my nice second floor neighbor, and I've been thinking (and hoping) it can't be her, can it, and it's not the kind of thing you ask. And today I saw a story with that person again and she is indeed a completely different person. I should maybe stop identifying people primarily by their hair?
Hirundo Bos
Hirundo Bos

http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:23 pm

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 8 Mike-birbiglia-stand-up-make-out

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:20 am

Findom seems like a bubble, with lots of performers from solo/camming jumping the bandwagon(best $$$/physical and mental toll ratio?), but the ones flourishing the most combine it with other kinks instead of the generic "hurr you're worthless and will never get anyone, now pay for my everything" variety.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:45 am

Ludwig on NG+6 is such a pain Smash against wall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caffeinated Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:16 pm

I'm a bad person. I know this. But this is a thing that happened this morning and I didn't want to make my comment on facebook because then all my friends and acquaintances will know I'm a bad person (probably my real friends already know). Anyway, someone shared a video of an incident of Islamophobia where it's a town meeting in somewhere like Spotsylvania about a new location for a mosque and this guy gets up and starts telling the presenter to shut up and that all Muslims are terrorists and evil, and people in the room are nodding and clapping, and it's a total shitshow.

But the atheist in me sees this and thinks, why can't they just convert, it's only switching from one made-up belief system to another made-up belief system? And the very slightly less rude atheist in me thinks, under the hood all religions are pretty much the same, I mean, the golden rule and all that, so who really cares about the brand name? It's like if I go to a restaurant and ask for a Coke and the server says they only have Pepsi, I'll drink a damn Pepsi because it's all cola so who really cares? And if I'm that intent on drinking a Coke and not a Pepsi, I'm not going to haul my own drink cooler into the restaurant, I'll just go eat somewhere else.
Caffeinated
Caffeinated

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:33 pm

<mod>Caffeinated, blanket statements about how all religions are the same and false across the board is pretty on the line for forum guidelines, even with an "I know this is bad but I'm still saying it" caveat. Try and keep it respectful, yeah?</mod>

As a non-organized-religion person, I don't really get the inclination to paint all organized religions as "the same under the hood." Maybe if you have very, very little information about any religions (like, nothing beyond "god(s) and/or supernatural systems exist"), sure, but with a tiny bit of digging there is much more than the golden rule to most of them (and the golden rule is really kind of a just-some-Abrahamic-sects thing, no?). It's not Coke and Pepsi, it's Coke and a roast beef sandwich.

More importantly to this instance, though, is that it's not all about religion per se. It's not about disputes on the finer points of monotheistic doctrine, it's not about which animals are unholy to eat, it's not about who the messiah was. It's about hating people who belong to a different culture than you. The fundamental question you're posing is "why don't people just surrender their cultural identity under pressure and/or threat from the majority?" And that's... not a question that's historically been asked with any good results.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Caffeinated Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:39 pm

Werel wrote:<mod>Caffeinated, blanket statements about how all religions are the same and false across the board is pretty on the line for forum guidelines, even with an "I know this is bad but I'm still saying it" caveat. Try and keep it respectful, yeah?</mod>

Sorry.
Caffeinated
Caffeinated

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayce Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:56 am

Through all my years of bubble gum chewing, I could never blow a bubble. How are you supposed to blow a bubble with the gum??

Well it turns out what I was chewing was chewing gum, and not bubble gum.

Hmmm, no wonder I couldn't do it.

Jayce

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:20 pm

All these kids around at this birthday party confirm that even if I was fully straight (which I'm not), there's no way I'd have them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:51 pm

Feminist Frequency changed their logo, and it's all pink now. Sigh.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:54 pm

When good old Friedrich talked about rebalancing the idiotic moral stances of "look how tough and strong I am, everybody else is weak" vs. "look how wounded I am and how the world conspires against me, everybody else is evil", I'm sure he didn't mean combining the two into the moloch that is "look at these scars you have unwittingly inflicted upon me, you are pathetic for not having endured all the pain which has made me so pure and strong".

Back to top Go down

Post by sky Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:26 pm

The generic "great value ultra strong" toilet paper is way softer than AngelSoft. Either this is unfortunate marketing on somebody's part, or perhaps angels are actually scratchy?
sky
sky

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:02 am

I'm starting to think that Amazon.com selling a menorah made out of challah should be a bit less phallic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:16 pm

Why do we consider Europe a continent? I mean, if you look at a map, it's not a separate landmass from Asia. Seems pretty culturally motivated to me. Sad

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:16 pm

My 11 year old cousin said to me last night, "I feel like a lot of stuff is going bad in the world right now, like everything we did in the past is coming back to bite us. Like stuff's going to go really wrong."

I thought he couldn't possibly say anything more heartbreaking. But then he started telling me about how he wants Trump to become president. Disapproving
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:19 am

Rumor has it that Santa met his wife at Conjunction Junction.

They're very good at hooking up words and phrases and Clauses.

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:38 am

Reminder to self: you don't need to listen to someone lecturing you about how they're not going to give you a lecture. Remember that German teacher who spend half of the class berating the pupils? You opened your textbook while tuning it out. This is the same situation. No-one owes you an education but you wouldn't want one anyway from a person not qualified to teach. Toss the terms into Google and read a blog post by someone who has actually taken the time to ponder the topic and work out how it slots into the rest of the political framework. If the person is really annoying, do so in front of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:33 am

Hi, someone on the street who recognize me from lectures almost fifteen years ago. A small chat about how it's going and what we're doing now is nice. But when you go from that to asking me what I think about the penal system, then in a confrontational voice whether I trust the System capital S, then in a lower voice what are my thoughts on how Lucifer is afoot and turning people into vampires, all in less than a minute, I'm going to have somewhere else to be even if you "thought I would be cooler than that". You probably need someone to talk to, but I'm not that person.

In earlier times, I would have been stuck for a long time in that kind of conversation. You people here are more than a little of the reason why I'm so much better at walking away.
Hirundo Bos
Hirundo Bos

http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:37 pm

That time I was browsing one of my regular internet haunts and saw a high quality anime-style illustration of a Nazi naval captain being tentacle... sex'ed (???) by the... wait for it...

Spoiler:
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:37 pm

Took me longer than it should have, but I mailed the payoff check for the mortgage today. Goodbye debt.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:48 pm

It's a competition, but only with yourself. Beat yourself, don't beat yourself up, beat yourself off whenever frustration sets in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:09 pm

I think it says something about me that I'm at least as relieved as I am disappointed that my plans for New Years' got cancelled. Shrug
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:55 pm

So, recently i picked up safety razor shaving. My shave game still weak as fuck and went to hard on the razor today, I legit made a cut on my chin instead of the usual nicks. ;c

But at least my aftershave isn't alcohol based!

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:56 pm

And maybe now you'll have some kind of badass facial scar!
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum