NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming

+34
bomaye
Hielario
Hirundo Bos
The Mikey
G minor
Yoshiland
Amygdala
Aggrax
Izmuth
Mara_
Prajnaparamita
Mme. Lara
Conreezy
WJMorris3
Jayce
BasedBuzzed
Barretts_Salt
Xexyz
sky
Caffeinated
KMR
caliseivy
kath
litterature
Gentleman Johnny
Robjection
waxingjaney
readertorider
PintsizeBro
Wondering
The Wisp
eselle28
reboot
nearly_takuan
38 posters

Page 11 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 11 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by litterature Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:30 pm

You know you have way too much makeup on when stuff actually sticks to your face...

Spoiler:
litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 11 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Enail Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:23 pm

But it looks good!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:03 am

Enail wrote:But it looks good!

:> :> :>
litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:30 pm

Any salad can be a Caesar salad - if you stab it enough!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:17 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:32 am

Must be spring, the Leafs are out

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:46 pm

I showed my baby photos of the five candidates left in the presidential race. She liked Hillary Clinton best. Maybe it's because she's a budding feminist.

Or maybe it's because the men were all wearing dark suits and Hillary was in yellow. Wink

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:35 am

I'm not trying to say that work has been especially stressful lately or anything, but my walk home has begun to look more than a little like this:

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:26 pm

Pagliacci, that is a very evocative clip (which I may...borrow for future use  innocent )! Hope work calms down soon!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:18 am

Must be nice to be Chris Pratt.

Maybe I should give Daredevil a try...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:44 am

Finally got to see a cicada today. At least, I think it's a cicada from the noise; all I saw was it's rear end. Which was quite skinny. Aren't they supposed to be somewhat rotund?

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:52 pm

You ever get one of those professor-crushes where you're not attracted to the person at all, you just want to kneel before them and offer them your sword forever? Full-on NOTICE ME SENPAI feelings towards this visiting prof I just met. Every single word out of her mouth was like "yep those are the things I'd say if I were the best and truest and bravest and most brilliant version of the person I hope to be in this field." And when I spoke to her and she got wind of the Notice Me Senpai vibes she gave me the sharpest hawk-eyes ever, like I'd have to really earn her regard someday. DREAMY. Lovestruck
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:35 pm

So my antivirus has just given me a message telling me about how hackers and governments can see what I'm doing on my computer.

Considering what I was about to do on this computer, if anyone is spying on me, I want a webcam feed to theirs because the looks on their faces will be priceless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:36 pm

Werel wrote:You ever get one of those professor-crushes where you're not attracted to the person at all, you just want to kneel before them and offer them your sword forever? Full-on NOTICE ME SENPAI feelings towards this visiting prof I just met. Every single word out of her mouth was like "yep those are the things I'd say if I were the best and truest and bravest and most brilliant version of the person I hope to be in this field." And when I spoke to her and she got wind of the Notice Me Senpai vibes she gave me the sharpest hawk-eyes ever, like I'd have to really earn her regard someday. DREAMY. Lovestruck

Yes! I had that happen. Only my prof crush was a guy, and he thought the "notice me!" vibe meant I had a romantic crush on him. Sigh.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Prajnaparamita Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:58 am

Wondering wrote:
Werel wrote:You ever get one of those professor-crushes where you're not attracted to the person at all, you just want to kneel before them and offer them your sword forever? Full-on NOTICE ME SENPAI feelings towards this visiting prof I just met. Every single word out of her mouth was like "yep those are the things I'd say if I were the best and truest and bravest and most brilliant version of the person I hope to be in this field." And when I spoke to her and she got wind of the Notice Me Senpai vibes she gave me the sharpest hawk-eyes ever, like I'd have to really earn her regard someday. DREAMY. Lovestruck

Yes! I had that happen. Only my prof crush was a guy, and he thought the "notice me!" vibe meant I had a romantic crush on him. Sigh.

I used to address my advisor as "Your Celestial Professorship". She took it in good stride, mostly

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:16 pm

Two years and still this meh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUFJnBemgp8

Not enough flow between the steps, still treating the dudette as porcelain, too stiff in the parts of the body I'm not using, and worst of all, drilling this in is not about thinking but about feeling. I know most people don't see this in the moment and being able to dance is positive, but how can I improve if I don't nitpick?

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:29 am

Code 46 is a weird-ass movie.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:04 pm

Leslie Marmon Silko's allegory of the cave rings much truer in my head these days than Plato's.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:15 pm

Went looking for the name of that one British company prez who dissed his own product jokingly and subsequently caused a collapse in customers, found this instead. Dunno how easily this is debunked by small sample size/localism, but interesting regardless: https://psych.unm.edu/people/directory-profiles/miller-papers/2008-selfdeprecation-humor.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:59 pm

BasedBuzzed wrote:Went looking for the name of that one British company prez who dissed his own product jokingly and subsequently caused a collapse in customers, found this instead. Dunno how easily this is debunked by small sample size/localism, but interesting regardless: https://psych.unm.edu/people/directory-profiles/miller-papers/2008-selfdeprecation-humor.pdf

Soo... if I'm not rich/physically attractive and make self-deprecating jokes my attractiveness goes down the tubes? nailbiting panic

Eh, at least my mom thinks I'm funny. Wink

In other non-self-deprecating joke news, I set up and mounted our new smart tv to the living room wall. Shiny/thrilled

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:59 pm

Today I heard a coworker talking about how he was unable to participate in a conversation with his girlfriend's friends because the only things they talked about were things he knew nothing about and had no interest in, and yet he felt like he couldn't change the subject in a non-jarring way.

And all I could think was "Welcome to the background radiation of my life."

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:49 am

Mayonnaise was named for Hannibal's brother.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:21 pm

Poor Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, stuck with an unwieldy acronym because Greece will not share
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:54 pm

I thought I read somewhere once upon a time that Greece is worried their province of Macedonia will secede and join the country of Macedonia of the country gets that name by itself. Does that seem at all like an accurate assessment?

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by sky Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:17 pm

At work, we need a database, but what we have is a google spreadsheet. While waiting 20 minutes for it to load and restarting my browser three times, I checked XKCD, and it turns out the current comic is perfectly appropriate for the situation.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 11 Algorithms
sky
sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum