NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming

+34
bomaye
Hielario
Hirundo Bos
The Mikey
G minor
Yoshiland
Amygdala
Aggrax
Izmuth
Mara_
Prajnaparamita
Mme. Lara
Conreezy
WJMorris3
Jayce
BasedBuzzed
Barretts_Salt
Xexyz
sky
Caffeinated
KMR
caliseivy
kath
litterature
Gentleman Johnny
Robjection
waxingjaney
readertorider
PintsizeBro
Wondering
The Wisp
eselle28
reboot
nearly_takuan
38 posters

Page 18 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 18 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Enail Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:08 pm

I rather like this definition:

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 18 6341323d7228c2b01dc4ddca9a18f846
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 18 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by BasedBuzzed Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:02 pm

Do it the other way around too. They always say love is M.A.D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:42 pm

Whisper a really safe secret to someone you don't care about? confused
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:49 am

As in, someone also whispers a dangerous secret to you, which you won't tell because you love them.

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:09 am

I guess I must have loved Nerdlounge a lot. Then I ran away with some other dame....
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:03 pm

This picture makes me sooo happy:
Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 18 573306_v1

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:20 pm

Pull up to a 7-11 swamped with junior high kids.

Kid: "Hey! Hey auntie, I like your moped. Can I try it?"
Me: "Try it like drive it? HECK NO!"
Other kids: *burst into laughter, start yelling "HECK NO" at the kid who asked*

Teenagers own, especially here.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:26 am

There's been way too many bad or unfortunate or sucky things happening to people I know IRL or used to know IRL happening all at once and kind of just hunkering down and hoping it passes over me but sneaking suspicion is that it won't :/
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:11 am

Oof, sorry so many people you know are having bad times. Fingers crossed that you don't get hit with any of it. Neutral
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:31 am

I may have put this in the wrong thread too, it's not exactly a rant and is a kind of random thing at least <.<
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:27 pm

Oh, that sucks, may it skip over you and not linger too long on the people you know.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:14 pm

I find myself having deeply conflicted emotions about bodily autonomy and parenting a toddler. My toddler recently had a horrible diaper rash on her rear end. It was red and inflamed and hurt her. And it hurt her so much, she didn't want us wiping her when she pooped. All sorts of clear "No, Mama. No Dada. No bottom. No wipe" statements, and turning away and crying.

And I felt paralyzed because this is her body and her privates and she doesn't want us touching them. I need to respect this! I don't want her to think her No will be ignored. But, practically, she's a toddler who needs her bottom cleaned. And so I have to clean it while she's crying and learning that Mommy or Daddy will not only ignore her wishes about her body but will hurt her if they feel they have a good enough reason.

Sigh.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:07 pm

A professor in my department is in the final stages of cancer, and sent out an email leaving his books to a handful of professors and students. We haven't worked together much, but he left me all his books about my specialty. What a weird, sad honor.

Last edited by Werel on Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:16 pm

Wondering wrote:I find myself having deeply conflicted emotions about bodily autonomy and parenting a toddler. My toddler recently had a horrible diaper rash on her rear end. It was red and inflamed and hurt her. And it hurt her so much, she didn't want us wiping her when she pooped. All sorts of clear "No, Mama. No Dada. No bottom. No wipe" statements, and turning away and crying.

And I felt paralyzed because this is her body and her privates and she doesn't want us touching them. I need to respect this! I don't want her to think her No will be ignored. But, practically, she's a toddler who needs her bottom cleaned. And so I have to clean it while she's crying and learning that Mommy or Daddy will not only ignore her wishes about her body but will hurt her if they feel they have a good enough reason.

Sigh.
Be glad you're not in Arizona.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:30 pm

I am glad for many reasons that I'm not in Arizona.

But the Daily Kos doesn't seem to know female anatomy (surprise!). If you're cleaning a child's vagina while changing her diaper, you're doing it wrong. You don't clean her vagina. You clean her vulva. Angry

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:44 pm

I like my red flannel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:41 pm

Hmmm, I'm slowly becoming a bit of a sneakerhead... them Jordan I's... I'm pretty sad they discontinued the Nike 6.0 like and replaced it with the the Nike SB line. The old 6.0's were the perfect blend of skate shoe padding and the style of Jordan I's or Air Force Ones. Sadly, Kanye's made shoes with Nike and now Adidas, tbh I don't like his shoes all that much. :T

Back to top Go down

Post by sky Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:23 pm

I have a very generic username in another forum, and consequently I keep getting misgendered by the people I'm talking to. Every time, I'm surprised by how shocked and off balance it makes me feel. I present unambiguously IRL, so this is not a situation I've ever encountered before.
sky
sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:42 am

I don't know if it's just my current parish or if it's the current regressive archbishop or if it's changing American culture, but I do not remember this much anti-abortion stuff in church when I was a kid. And I'm so so tired of it. You want me to pray for laws that will end abortion? Fine! I'll pray for free medical care and fully paid, lengthy maternity leave and free childcare and no paternity rights for rapists and accurate sex ed and promotion of contraception. I'll also pray for an end to shaming of unmarried moms. Though that's not a law, it's certainly a cultural issue.

I know a couple of you here used to be Catholic. I envy you your ability to stop. I wish I had been raised Episcopalian. That has all the pomp and ceremony I like without the sexism and homophobia.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:22 am

Michael Rooker looks so friggin' cool:

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 18 13739390_183886342025920_268036712_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTMwMTg5OTk1MzI4Mjk5MDAxMg%3D%3D

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:58 pm

I've added a fourth grocery store to my weekly grocery trip. Sigh.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:21 pm

So an Electronics Arts executive walks into a bar...

(please pay $4.99 to download the punchline)

Back to top Go down

Post by Prajnaparamita Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:16 pm

Having some serious "path not taken" thoughts at the moment. I never really paid attention to my parents stories of my dad's days hanging out with the hacker/programmer crowd back at Harvard/MIT in the late 80s, I mean they're your parents stories, no kid really listens to them or fully understands them. But bit by bit I've been understanding them more, and starting to realize how drastically different our lives could have been. My dad was buddies with a dude who is now a highly influential billionaire venture capitalist in silicon valley, the type who is famous enough to be a common name among the tech crowd. One of the businesses his friends started was purchased by Yahoo for millions. He interviewed at Microsoft and other tech companies and very easily could have joined their ranks, having training and skills that were still rare at that time, and he turned it all down to play house with his new girlfriend (now my mom) and went into academia instead.

I remember him once telling me that he could have gone to work for Google and been a millionaire. I guess I never really registered that, because like parents tell you things and as a kid you're like "yeah whatever you're talking boring adult things again, not interested."

And weird as this feels for me to say, I'm glad he didn't. We're a pretty comfortable upper middle class family, he's fairly well known in his obscure little corner of academia and proud of his work, and I can only think of how miserable I would have been if I had grown up in Palo Alto, how much more severe my lifelong depression and anxiety and imposter's syndrome and crippling fear of failure would have been if I'd grown up going to school with the children of tech geniuses, feeling like I could never live up to my peers. So I guess... I'm thankful I was given normalcy, even if I still turned up kinda screwy in the end.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:28 pm

My life is so dull. I am seriously waxing rhapsodic via text to my husband about a new grocery store I went to today. Side-eye

But they had so much fancy cheese! So much cheese. And egg nog already, too! Shiny/thrilled

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:44 pm

I've always liked new grocery stores Uh-oh
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum