NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Games General

+17
Hielario
berrybear
Sahrimnir
Kaz
The Wisp
Aalo
trooper6
celette482
Archetype694
Gentleman Johnny
caliseivy
TheRoux
eselle28
Gman
Conreezy
Jayce
Caffeinated
21 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Video Games General - Page 5 Empty Re: Video Games General

Post by bomaye Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:25 am

>Youtube
>2 hour documentary on Fire Emblem
>1 hour documentary on Darkstalkers
>2 hour documentary on Samurai Showdown
>Haven't even searched for other documentaries yet

HELP
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:42 pm

First they named it the X-Box, presumably because of just coming out of the XTREME '90s.

Then they named it the X-Box 360. Someone failed to point out that spinning around in 360 brings you right back to where you were before.

Then they named it the X-Box One, even though it was the third X-Box, and even though people already called the original X-Box "X-Box One"

And now, X-Box has revealed the new console... X-Box Series X. The... XSeX.
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:59 pm

Does XSex mean that it's something that used to be sex but isn't anymore? B/c that sounds...unhygienic at best. Side-eye
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KMR Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:59 pm

My computer's been having this issue lately where, when it first starts up, it can't connect to the internet for ~20-30 minutes. So today, for the first time in ages, I played Tetris Attack of all things, because my SNES emulator is about the only thing I have left that doesn't require an internet connection.
KMR
KMR

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:46 pm

Disco Elysium looks awesome, especially that Thought Cabinet concept, I wish it was coming to Switch (to add to the increasingly alarming pile of things I want to play that are coming to switch, so it's probably lucky it isn't right now, at least)
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:44 pm

I love that Metal Gear Solid 2 was supposed to be a "this all didn't actually happen, it's metaphorical" game but no one got it so Kojima had to shoehorn in even more stupid bullshit in 3 and 4 to make 2 make any kind of sense Laughing
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:35 am

TBH I probably hate myself.

Only explanation for why I did the "Virtually Impossible" Trophy/achievement in MGS2 HD. Spent 40 hours on 300 side missions. Note: Not even the main game (I still have to beat that four more times, I think I may get stopped at some point by Extreme Mode bosses), just extra side missions added into an upgraded version of the game because people complained there wasn't enough gameplay in 2.

There was one mission with MGS1 Snake where you fight four successive battles in a row, if you die, you restart. First battle is one soldier (easy), second battle is a squad of 9 soldiers, some of whom are cloaked (I could pass it every time, but usually took a lot of damage and there's only one ration available), a third battle with 21 soldiers including 9 Arsenal Tengus (they fucked me up on the regular, there's a stunlock you can get on the Tengus with the coolant but you get grenaded and shot at by the other soldiers), and then a fourth battle with a giant monster soldier where you need to hid behind a box and shoot a fast-ass UFO out of the sky with a stinger missile before the giant slaps the shit out of you. Usually I was so weak if I got to this point that one slap and I was dead.

I had one of my more badass runs where I made it through the third stage with about a quarter of my health but I had managed to save my entire ration, so I could take a hit from the giant, recover, and probably take two more hits, giving me lots of leeway to hit that UFO.

Confident that this would be the time after the other 10-15 weren't, I dodged the first slaps, whipped out my stinger, fired it, accidentally nicked the box I was hiding behind, and killed myself in the explosion because I forgot to equip the ration. I don't throw controllers but that's about as close as I get Video Games General - Page 5 Fup Video Games General - Page 5 Fup Video Games General - Page 5 Fup
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:24 pm

Mega lols if you've ever played Wolfeinstein 3D

bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:19 pm

Finally got around to buying the Xenoblade 2 Season Pass Cool
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:03 pm

Xenoblade Definitive arrived in the mail Shiny/thrilled
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Hielario Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:36 pm

Juuust my luck. I find out Octavi Navarro has released a new free game...and it doesn't start in my laptop. Fuck.

EDIT: NEEEEVER MIND, it was just using the wrong graphics card (my laptop is weird). I have gone TWICE through The Supper and it's absolutely nuts. The pixel graphics! The basic puzzling! The atmosphere and eerie tone! Get it before it gets you!

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:27 am

I'm just over halfway through the main game of Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive on Switch (but definitely not halfway in doing the achievement list like I want to).

I a) forgot how pretty some of these landscapes were and the HD definitely helps (night landscapes in particular. Sartorl Marsh at night, Makna Forest at night on a bridge, Eryth Sea on a night with shooting stars).

b) forgot how sprawling some of these areas were

c) think it's a better told story than Xenoblade 2

d) think it's a smoother play than 2. You just have arts, skill links between characters, and a shitty loot/equipment screen that at least got a "hold down a button to sell everything that's not equipped one-by-one" upgrade to it.

Xenoblade 2 had better characters and better... anime curvature Lurking/sketchy

I also beat Fire Emblem Awakening's main game and most of the paralogues (I have two future-children recruitments and the hardest spotpass paralogue left). I'm gonna focus on unlock support conversations and then beating the spotpass teams from previous games as well.

Also started replaying Infamous: Second Son on PS4 for when my sister has the Switch. I'd beaten it on a good playthrough before but left it, and it's a very do-able Platinum Trophy, so I'm doing the Evil playthrough on Expert Mode. It plays pretty smooth and is easy fun, there's something about Assassin's Creed style gameplay, mid-level sandbox maps full of sidequests, that I play like it's a 10/10 game when it's really a 7/10 formula.
bomaye
bomaye

Enail likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:18 am

Man, just started Detroit: Become Human, maybe about halfway through a single playthrough (unless the later chapters are super-long). It's an Asimov novel Shiny/thrilled and chore simulator Sad all in one
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:05 am

I just finished my first playthrough of Detroit and I am fucked right now ;_;
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:56 pm

Okay guys, if Skynet ever takes over, just put me in charge of handling it

Out of 11ish main characters in my first playthrough of Detroit: Become Human (aka true headcanon), I had exactly one survive at the end Lurking/sketchy
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:12 pm

I'm generally a) not into free-to-play, b) not into gacha games and c) not into games-as-service games, but Genshin Impact has me all around.
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Hielario Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:22 pm

I feel really divided about the new Sakura Wars.
On one side, i like the whole concept of the series and the aesthetic, the gameplay is finally capable of matching what the prior titles' cutscenes showed (come on, if I'm piloting a spiritpowered steam combat machine, I want to feel its POWER!) and the dialogue/behavior options are pretty reasonable.

On the other, I'm unsure whether I have enough reflexes for that sort of combat, some of the newer aesthetic elements feel uninspired, and I cringe every time I see Anastasia Palma because her design feels weirdly lurid and trashy (Fun fact: due to her weird sideboob blouse, some dialogue camera angles make her look like she's naked).

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:53 pm

My Playstation 4 lives again Happy tears
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:34 am

cheers
Enail
Enail
Admin

bomaye likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:31 am

bomaye wrote:My Playstation 4 lives again Happy tears

YATTA

Calico is a fun way to kill a few hours. Kinda recommend it to anybody who can handle saccharine cuteness. It's buggy and underdeveloped, but how you gonna complain about a game that lets you ride around on a giant raccoon while populating a cat cafe with cel-shaded animals in little hats?

Video Games General - Page 5 Img_1510
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:49 pm

So the big rumour going around is that Sony is buying Squaresoft
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:31 am

That makes me nervous!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:58 am

*Rolls the first set of end credits in Mario 3D World in one sitting, also collecting every star and stamp along the way*
Me: "Hrmmm, maybe 5-6 hours at most?"
Switch: First played 12 hours ago
Me: Hypnotized
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum: