NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rants

+51
Enail
Suika
dustyteal
readertorider
trooper6
PintsizeBro
Raindancing
Prajnaparamita
Gman
TheRoux
BasedBuzzed
LadyIkaros
Caffeinated
KMR
OneTrueGuest
Coin-op Adjutant
Spiffo
WJMorris3
kath
username_6916
kleenestar
Izmuth
Kaz
reboot
SadisticToaster
Barretts_Salt
Hirundo Bos
Jayce
Xexyz
nonA
BiSian
celette482
Robjection
azazel
Conreezy
Werel
sky
Mel
nearly_takuan
Wondering
caliseivy
waxingjaney
Lemminkainen
reboundstudent
IntelligentDice
Gentleman Johnny
Gamerz
UristMcBunny
concentus
eselle28
fakely mctest
55 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Rants - Page 22 Empty Re: Rants

Post by Guest Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:22 am

Enail wrote:Mapwater, that sounds really stressful. Glad your mom's okay (gallstones sound frighteningly painful!), and hope you get some rest soon!

It's okay now because my mum's okay. But I just feel sapped before the week even started. Thanks, of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:49 pm

UNHCR, your ftp is so damned slow that it is going to take me all day to get our files synced. Coupled with our slow system, I have a whole day of terminal lock.

I swear carrier pigeons would be faster.
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:48 pm

That feeling when you start reading a long DNL prime comment, and it starts out good, so you up vote it, but then it goes in a completely different direction than you thought, and now you want to downvote it, but can't. You can't even take your upvote away Disapproving

EDIT: I also loathe when people post the appropriate hedge phrases in their writing, and then a responder quotes the hedge phrase and uses it to formulate a snarky response. Way to punish humility and nuance, guys.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:28 pm

Darn it, when I'm told by a very good friend that because he's married, he needs to see me stay single because of plausible deniability... this does not bode well for my dating prospects.

Mind you, I know this is a perfectly valid concern for my buddy, and I know his marriage is more important in the grand scheme of things than me having a chance to date, but it still rubs me slightly the wrong way.

Back to top Go down

Post by InkAndComb Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:12 am

Can't take another friend acting like there is a crisis or end of the world only to find out the situation isn't severe at all and they're just feeling a bit sulky (this is excluding friends with any form of mental illness).

It's one thing when there is a real crisis situation; texting me 8 times and saying "I really need a friend ,please come out and talk to me" to tell me "I've been FRIENDZONED ZOMG" with someone you weren't even dating/didn't express interest in, after 2 weeks, is also your roommate, and only said "I don't feel comfortable going further, I like where we're at", is just...it's not acceptable! It's not ok to treat each issue you have that gets resolved like you're about to off yourself! And when I bring up "Wow I was really worried, are you okay? " " Oh yeah I just wanted to grab a beer with you, it's whatever" NO.
InkAndComb
InkAndComb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:03 am

Aiya, when a clearly baiting troll sounds like it's making sense about how terrible you are, while actually trying to mock people who make fun of you as well (yeah... it's both I think... ) one can't help but feel a little sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:39 am

<mod> Wisp, mods have reminded people in this thread twice already in the last week that this is not an appropriate thread to rant about things you don't like in the DNL Prime comments. Please respect that request. </mod>

As further clarification, I personally am okay with the first part of your post because it's mostly about the mechanics of the site (not being able to change your vote), but the Edit is directed specifically at commenters. I went and looked up the definition of "hedge phrase" because I thought it was possible you were chiding me, which is exactly the kind of issue we're trying to avoid. (That is, making people feel others may be criticizing them without their really being able to defend themselves if so since this is a rant thread not a discussion thread.)
Mel
Mel
Roving Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:56 am

Thanks for the helpful insight, but I've known I've been the villain all along for half a decade now. I just wish it was a bit less Smug Snake and more Creepy Cool.

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:27 pm

There's nothing like a random person coming up to you while at work and rambling about the most random topics, then jotting down information for you to follow up on and mentioning that they are in the building often so they can help you out with the unasked for homework they just gave you.
Found out I still only look 18 or 19, so I guess I did learn something from his speech.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:29 pm

Radio interference on my lavalier equipment will be the death of me. Maybe I should invest in new lav technology. Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:31 pm

Transvaginal ultrasounds suck.
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by nonA Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:39 am

Has anyone else noticed how the most counterproductively confrontational feminists are as often as not male?

(And fuck if it isn't hard to resist lowering oneself to their level.)

nonA

Back to top Go down

Post by InkAndComb Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:18 am

nonA wrote:Has anyone else noticed how the most counterproductively confrontational feminists are as often as not male?

(And fuck if it isn't hard to resist lowering oneself to their level.)

Rant +1! I've been called a "fake feminist" by certain males claiming they are feminists.  I especially tend to butt heads with "gold star" types; if you don't follow my exact guidelines on how to be an enlightened female, well, you're just part of the patriarchy! *smh*
InkAndComb
InkAndComb

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:51 am

<Mod> NonA, after multiple infractions, you were explicitly told to stay clear of comments touching in any way upon feminism. I'm not sure why you would feel that a random comment in rants is worth disregarding a very very clear mod order for, but regardless, I'm banning you for two weeks while the mods decide whether or not you should be banned permanently.</mod>

ETA: Given the repeated pattern of disregarding and trying to get around mod instructions and general forum acceptable behavior even after multiple warnings, we've decided the ban will be permanent.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reboundstudent Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:39 pm

Totally immature "that's life" rant: that the world is so big, and so full of things to experience, and yet there just isn't time to do everything, and wanting one thing can be in direct conflict with something else. I want to be an author, and a great costume maker, and be fluent in at least 3 languages, and live in Tokyo, and live in London, and be a fantastic programmer, and have a cozy house with 3 dogs and kids all at once. It just isn't possible, and it's so unfair!
reboundstudent
reboundstudent

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:39 am

^ I'm in a similar mood after tallying all the possible points of failure and obstacles past the one I've never passed. Life's too short for patience and too long for complacency. I'm sick of rolling the boulder, but there's nothing else around here that rolls. We stay because / we don't know where else to go.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyIkaros Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:35 am

RBS & Takuan:

That is what books are for. Living all the lives we'll never have, at least for a few hours.

Also: http://www.dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com/post/73524850764/onism
LadyIkaros
LadyIkaros

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:10 pm

There is nothing more infuriating than your router taking a dump when you have a deadline and spending most of your morning setting it back up than getting shit done. silent

Back to top Go down

Post by OneTrueGuest Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:38 pm

Fuck you phone company!!!!

OneTrueGuest

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:30 pm

OK, seriously, are there ANY women on Tinder who don't charge by the hour. Literally every single match has messaged me with a rate.

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:53 pm

Gentleman Johnny wrote:OK, seriously, are there ANY women on Tinder who don't charge by the hour. Literally every single match has messaged me with a rate.

DUDE, OMG YEAH!

And any women I do find who seem like actual living humans don't respond. Ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:37 am

I don't get enough time alone any more and it's starting to really stress me out and leave me a wreck even on the best of days.

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:36 am

I had two needles on my coffee table earlier tonight. Now, I only have one.

Somehow I'm sure the other will turn up eventually...
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:57 pm

We have a meeting in two hours. Why are you just sending out the survey you want everyone to answer with true, insightful solutions that will break up the clique mentality and bring the team closer?
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:37 pm

I'm all for giving immigrants but if they have a heavy accent and/don't speak much English please don't put then in a job where they onteract with customers. I always have trouble understanding them, and then I feel like the bad guy for not understanding them.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum