NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you listening to? The music rec thread.

+29
The Mikey
DoubtfulGuest
Amygdala
DragonEatsKnightCheckmate
eselle28
Jayce
HSavinien
litterature
KitKat
Fraulein42
BasedBuzzed
CP96
Chickpea Sarada
nearly_takuan
kath
caliseivy
WJMorris3
InkAndComb
Aggrax
reboot
The Wisp
Gentleman Johnny
UristMcBunny
ChrissyOrig
waxingjaney
Downvote
Gman
Enail
Robjection
33 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

What are you listening to? The music rec thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: What are you listening to? The music rec thread.

Post by BasedBuzzed Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:26 pm

^^Youtube rip quality parodies and put those in the playlist(Key of Awesome might even be on a streaming service)? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbDnKG8Nd2A

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to? The music rec thread. - Page 5 Empty Re: What are you listening to? The music rec thread.

Post by Werel Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:59 pm

Stuck in my head for DAYS, couldn't tell you why.

Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by KitKat Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:50 am

My taste in music tends to be a mash-up of all kinds of things but I recently came upon Hurricane Love, swedish indie group and fell in love because A: They are crazy talented musicians. B: They put so much feeling into every little thing. The recorded versions are better musically but it's the acoustic ones that really get to me.

Free ticket:

Nowhere to go (simple but so powerful)

KitKat

Back to top Go down

Post by Aggrax Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:20 am

I've been listening to a lot of songs by the Caramella Girls. Yes, the ones you're thinking of.
Aggrax
Aggrax

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:32 am

Werel wrote:The singer for Future Islands is doing a RAP ALBUM. With Madlib. Shocked  And it sounds not bad: https://soundcloud.com/rappcats/trouble

lol wot?!!

Anyway, this is what I'm listening to
litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:47 am

Oh, and also!!!!

litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:40 pm

litterature wrote:Anyway, this is what I'm listening to

Loooooove this song, gotta ask if this is your preferred recording of it.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:38 pm

Werel wrote:
litterature wrote:Anyway, this is what I'm listening to

Loooooove this song, gotta ask if this is your preferred recording of it.

It is! There's something I really like about how it starts as opposed to the fade-in in the '87 version and the long intro in the 12'' version, plus I find it odd that the 12'' begins with the "you've got green eyes" line. All of them are good, though! Which one is your favourite?

Yesterday I watched an early concert on Youtube and they play an early version with different lyrics. Sumner looks like he's about to run away in panic any moment... (skip to around 35:40 for Temptation).

litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:04 pm

I think this is my favorite version just for the earnestness of the vocals, even if the guitar's a little raggedy:

The one you posted is a good version! The main lyrics difference seems to be that he got too scared to remember the first verse, though. Razz
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:10 pm

Saw this live at Castlefest, they brought out the original songstress of the Hotel Rwanda score if I heard the frontman correctly. Enormous repertoire and variety, an act that's much better live than digital.

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:34 pm

Oh, I didn't know Micachu was also the guy who did the Under the Skin soundtrack. Cool. I always liked this track.

Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:59 pm

Werel wrote:I think this is my favorite version just for the earnestness of the vocals, even if the guitar's a little raggedy:

The one you posted is a good version! The main lyrics difference seems to be that he got too scared to remember the first verse, though. Razz

Awesome!! That version is really great!
Yeah, B. Sumner's singing is a bit pants sometimes but I think earnest is a good word to describe how it's like just a regular bloke singing but there's some tension in it so it ends up being quite touching somehow, and I really love that. He also named a song "Love Vigilantes", which always makes me chuckle, haha Razz
litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:25 pm

I wanted to use a line from this song as my signature ("quand l'amour prévaut il invite à la transformation", meaning "when love prevails it encourages transformation") but then I thought that'd be a bit pretentious and horrible and having something attached to every post probably isn't my thing.

The message is a bit too obvious so slightly cringe-inducing but I like it:

It's quite a bit of work, this love that makes you suffer
That frustrates you when you don't manage to open up
Constraint, control seem easier then
But all they keep in store is hard times

You force it, you scream it, you try to express it, exorcise it
In an attempt to relax, to let go

When love prevails it encourages transformation
The will to power is just a fleeting deed

(my translation so probably way off)

@ Werel: I really loved that Micachu track! Youtube's been recommending me some Micachu vids for the past few days, I guess I'll have to pay attention to my recommendations from time to time...!
litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by HSavinien Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:05 pm

Ana Tijoux is really awesome.
HSavinien
HSavinien

http://hsavinien.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:33 am

"And open wide your winged eye,
Spirit dives to catch your truth.
Spirit guides when darkness comes to challenge you."
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:55 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:55 am

Back to top Go down

Post by KitKat Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:15 pm

Besides the weirdly catchy songs, it's so awesome how two of the people in the video (Yoon Mi-Rae and Tiger JK) are a married couple with a kid, traveling the world and making their own brand of hiphop together while being occasionally adorkable in their music videos. Relationship goals right there.

KitKat

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:14 pm

This date is still on time for some of you folks:

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:39 pm

Sixth consecutive day stuck in my head. Out, ghost of Aaliyah, out!!

Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:16 pm

Don't even ask why.

waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:34 am

waxingjaney wrote:Don't even ask why.

Haha, proper classic!

I've been talking to a lot of 19-year olds this week, so I guess I went back to what I used to listen to when I was 19 myself...

litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:32 am

reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:45 pm

Adding these to the football playlist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:53 pm

Gotta be my favorite lyrics about how other animals see us.

Spoiler:
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum