NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming

+34
bomaye
Hielario
Hirundo Bos
The Mikey
G minor
Yoshiland
Amygdala
Aggrax
Izmuth
Mara_
Prajnaparamita
Mme. Lara
Conreezy
WJMorris3
Jayce
BasedBuzzed
Barretts_Salt
Xexyz
sky
Caffeinated
KMR
caliseivy
kath
litterature
Gentleman Johnny
Robjection
waxingjaney
readertorider
PintsizeBro
Wondering
The Wisp
eselle28
reboot
nearly_takuan
38 posters

Page 7 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 7 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Robjection Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:31 pm

What started out as me creating a personal Twitter account as a practice run for when I have to make one for the company I work(ed) for ...

... has turned into nearly 1000 tweets (I'm assuming this includes retweets) of silly enjoyment with a side order of support for some of the social justice.

And now part of me is tempted to take some of those tweets and expand on them in blog form, using the currently-devoid-of-any-content WordPress site I set up originally as a means of experimenting with WordPress to help develop the website for the company I work(ed) for.

Not quite sure how this happened to be honest.
Robjection
Robjection

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 7 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by BasedBuzzed Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:54 pm

Orphaned retort: "If you want to try gaslighting, just hold a Zippo to your farts instead of lecturing me on my own experiences."
BasedBuzzed
BasedBuzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:21 pm

A big black dog just moseyed into my house.

That is weird because it had to climb a flight of exterior stairs. No one else lives up these stairs.

Where are its owners and why is it here confused
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:49 pm

Werel wrote:A big black dog just moseyed into my house.

That is weird because it had to climb a flight of exterior stairs. No one else lives up these stairs.

Where are its owners and why is it here confused

Oh dear! Do you have animal control anywhere near you? It sounds like the dog might be so lost it can't figure out how to get back home.

Last edited by eselle28 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:53 pm

If you want to see how strong confirmation bias really is, walk a cat on a leash and wait for people to start asking you about your puppy.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:26 pm

All good, its owner came looking for it and I was like "yo is this your dog" and he was like "yeh" and not "thank you" Disapproving
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Xexyz Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:52 pm

What is it about free food that makes it so much more appealing?  Like, I'm not that big into candy but because so many coworkers have leftovers from Halloween they bring for people I eat a bunch anyway. Or if some other department has a luncheon or something and they have leftover food I have to summon up willpower to not eat some of it, even though I wasn't really wanting food at that particular time anyway.

Pizza is the worst. If I see pizza out I will always want a slice. Even if I just finished eating a bunch of pizza and am stuffed, if I see some other pizza out there I'll want some.

Xexyz

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:29 pm

<mod> Split SeaWorld discussion to its own thread so as not to clutter up Randoming. </mod>
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:24 am

Photobashing: That's how the pros do it! ;D

EDIT: Photobashing for the uninformed.

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:42 am

It's liberating to realize how little you actually desire anything if you see the work that goes into it, or how little you desire anyone if you look past the aura of whatever quality you saw in them. Perfect is the enemy of good, but boredom is too. Mediocre is fine: what does it actually change about a swell life? The alternative seems to be a rollercoaster of chestbeating and meltdowns. which put a severe dent into the ability to evaluate the world fairly. I'm mean enough to hit under the belt if I ever need to defend my choices and odd enough to actually enjoying a spot of sardonic mockery, so the anxiety once in a blue moon is really not to be alarmed about.
BasedBuzzed
BasedBuzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:14 pm

I've noticed that most people struggle with the concept that someone could have no friends, as in literally zero. It's so far removed from their experience of what is normal, or even possible, that they really can't wrap their head around it.

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:57 pm

A recent study has determined that one out of every two and a half men is HIV positive.
WJMorris3
WJMorris3

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:48 pm

WJMorris3 wrote:A recent study has determined that one out of every two and a half men is HIV positive.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 7 230114_908223010
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:56 pm

WJMorris3 wrote:A recent study has determined that one out of every two and a half men is HIV positive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caffeinated Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:11 pm

http://www.pixable.com/article/the-most-dangerous-states-in-america-to-be-a-woman-69100 wrote:Every nine seconds, a woman is assaulted in the U.S.A. This statistic from the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence may seem shocking, but not when you take into account that one third of American women will be sexually assaulted within their lifetime — one third. That means one out of every three women you know (your sisters, daughters, mothers and friends) will likely fall victim to this awful crime.

Sometimes when I hear a statistic about how one in however many women will be sexually assaulted in their lifetime, I find myself hoping that my own experience means that the women I'm closest to will be among those spared. Because statistics. And magical thinking. Or something.
Caffeinated
Caffeinated

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:22 pm

Baudrillard, if only you were alive now. The signs that Disneyland is everywhere have become so blatant, with an angry, indecipherable Donald running for president and an asinine "It's A Small World After All" resounding from a chorus of people who have never actually lived anywhere. But even that isn't the real horror. The horror is this: in the end, your own writings are simply a simulacrum of philosophy.
BasedBuzzed
BasedBuzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:20 pm

It sucks when you're overweight and are breathless after climbing a flight of stairs. You have to not look like you're gasping for air to avoid criticism from people around you. It's frustrating when the cause of the breathlessness has nothing to do with being out of shape, and everything to do with nasal cavity and breathing issues.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:42 pm

The older I get the more I realize I'm a bit of a dad-in-training.

Good or bad thing? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:50 pm

The Mikey wrote:The older I get the more I realize I'm a bit of a dad-in-training.

Good or bad thing? Razz
Super good if you want kids. Terrible if you vehemently hate children and hate everyone who thinks you would be a good dad and want to throw up every time you accidentally do something paternal. Razz
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Werel wrote:
Super good if you want kids. Terrible if you vehemently hate children and hate everyone who thinks you would be a good dad and want to throw up every time you accidentally do something paternal. Razz

Well, I realized that some kids honestly just keep it real and have no filter and I dig that. Otherwise, messing with kids is hilarious as is making dad jokes and listening to dad music. Shiny/thrilled

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:04 am

Did my first marathon yesterday. Cannot figure out why anyone would do a second one. It was really boring at about mile 9 and got more boring.
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Barretts_Salt Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:52 am

reboot wrote:Did my first marathon yesterday. Cannot figure out why anyone would do a second one. It was really boring at about mile 9 and got more boring.

The alleged endorphins? Smile
Barretts_Salt
Barretts_Salt

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:37 pm

reboot wrote:Did my first marathon yesterday. Cannot figure out why anyone would do a second one.

You get to put a sticker on your car?
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:41 pm

Reading about the inner workings of the sex industry through SW blogs is fascinating but also makes me doubt the blanket advice given to people to just hire one if they lack intimacy/have virginity anxiety. Such stuff should really be accompanied by proper qualifiers on what to expect, how to search for a sex worker that specializes in the experience you desire, how to behave, etc.
BasedBuzzed
BasedBuzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Caffeinated Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:47 pm

I just unfriended my exhusband on Facebook, along with some people we knew when we together that I don't really know or like now, plus a couple old exboyfriends for good measure. I don't really know how to feel about this, but I think it needed to be done. Shrug
Caffeinated
Caffeinated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum