NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming

+34
bomaye
Hielario
Hirundo Bos
The Mikey
G minor
Yoshiland
Amygdala
Aggrax
Izmuth
Mara_
Prajnaparamita
Mme. Lara
Conreezy
WJMorris3
Jayce
BasedBuzzed
Barretts_Salt
Xexyz
sky
Caffeinated
KMR
caliseivy
kath
litterature
Gentleman Johnny
Robjection
waxingjaney
readertorider
PintsizeBro
Wondering
The Wisp
eselle28
reboot
nearly_takuan
38 posters

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 20 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by sky Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:19 am

That sounds like a tasty Thanksgiving, Wondering! If roasted means cooked in a pan in the oven, then based solely on names, the brussels sprouts sound similar. Perhaps a half recipe of each could fit in one dish.

My family does the pies and the rolls, and I am impatiently counting down the days until I am allowed to eat them Shiny/thrilled
sky
sky

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 20 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Wondering Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:42 am

BasedBuzzed wrote:Food snapshots for posterity like so the feed can appreciate it, leftovers for people who would like a meal/can appreciate recipes?
Heh. We'll see. My photography of my own food is terrible and looks really unappetizing. Wink

sky wrote:That sounds like a tasty Thanksgiving, Wondering! If roasted means cooked in a pan in the oven, then based solely on names, the brussels sprouts sound similar. Perhaps a half recipe of each could fit in one dish.

Yes, roasted is cooked in the oven. I do them with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and the Brussels sprouts have bacon, too. My main issue is that the carrots need to cook for an hour and the Brussels sprouts for only 30 mins. I think that I might do the carrots on the lowest rack after the turkey comes out, then the Brussels sprouts and squash on the upper rack for 30 mins, then swap the Brussels sprouts for the casserole. I need to remember that I'm only hosting 7 people this year instead of the 14 last year, so I don't need portions and baking dishes as large as last year.

The other issue is that, since my husband started a new job recently, he won't have the time off to be home Wednesday -- when I do most of the cooking -- to take care of the toddler. Me trying to prep/cook on Wednesday with a toddler wanting my attention will likely limit what I can get done in the time available.

sky wrote:My family does the pies and the rolls, and I am impatiently counting down the days until I am allowed to eat them Shiny/thrilled
I know that feeling! Thanksgiving countdown underway! Grin

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:17 pm

I kind of wish there was a forum feature that was like a signature, but went at the top of posts. I would make mine say, "I 'gree with Enail and Werel."
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:31 pm

Saw a meteor and/or falling space junk last night. Huge, huge greenish white fireball that suddenly burned orange and disappeared. Other people saw it, so I'm not crazy. Terrified me out of my mind at the time, but today I feel insanely lucky to have seen something so rare.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:16 pm

Current Affairs is insanely good, and especially the articles by Yasmin Nair deserve all the praise.

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:55 pm

I kind of wish the LED dog collar light I got so the dog could be in the yard at night changed colors, so when he raced around the yard it looked like a wild dance party.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by sky Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:20 am

I just wrapped a gift, and I can still read the words on it through the wrapping. I guess perhaps this is why some people do a layer of tissue first, and then the pretty paper.

Also probably why origami paper is not intended to be "some assembly required" gift wrap.
sky
sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:16 pm

Happy winter solstice. We used to read this every year at my high school Christmas assembly, and I still like to think of this as the day the year dies (good riddance, 2016!) Party

"the shortest day," Susan cooper:
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:33 pm

I am now in 2017. Looks nice so far. Greetings to those of you still in the previous year.
Hirundo Bos
Hirundo Bos

http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:26 pm

Just made it to 2017 about 25 minutes ago.

Currently waiting for my "I survived 2016 and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" T-shirt.

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:42 pm

Robjection wrote:Just made it to 2017 about 25 minutes ago.

Currently waiting for my "I survived 2016 and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" T-shirt.

The final F-you from 2016 will be that they forgot to put your shirt in the mail.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:51 pm

It seems to me that the advice on DNL Prime is meant for people who's lives have been relatively normal, except for some help needed in the dating department. It isn't meant for someone who's as badly damaged as I am.

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:20 pm

I think that's mostly accurate; his assumed audience seems to be one that has some level of comfort with platonic social situations. The site http://www.succeedsocially.com/ seems to have more content about foundation social skills, breaking down things like conversations, so that might be more useful to you if that's what you're looking for on DNL.

That said, 'damaged' people, people who haven't gotten a normal childhood experience, often do still manage to build their social skills and recover, and just because a site like Prime isn't geared to your current needs doesn't mean you can't get to a point where it might be.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:41 am

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope (I'm not optimistic, but I hope) that 2017 is a better year for all.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by sky Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:26 pm

I did not realize the phrase "resealable bag" had more than one definition, but apparently it does, because the brand of frozen potstickers sold at my local supermarket is clearly not operating under the definition I am familiar with that means the bag can be sealed again after opening it exactly according to the "cut here" instructions printed on the outside.
sky
sky

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:45 am

This is a combination of a rant and a joy, which I think averages out to being a randoming.

This weird, leering, creepy-comment-making dude has been hanging out at the place that I work for the last week and a half. Even worse, by the standard of retail employee complaints, he routinely hangs around past the announced closing time, making everyone work late. On the creep scale, this also makes everyone ("everyone" means a couple dozen women ranging from sixteen to early sixties and one man in his early twenties) wonder if he's hanging out in the parking lot after the store closes to see when we leave.

The good news in this? The police dropped by about an unrelated matter, a manager mentioned it to them, and...they were completely nice and unblaming and supportive. They gave advice on how to go through the legal process to put him on notice that he's trespassing if he enters the store, and they'll be sending a car by around closing to make sure everyone gets to their car okay.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:21 pm

This rejection letter that ends with "Stay in touch!" is only slightly less baffling than if it had said "XOXO".
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:42 pm

Even though it happens most years, it's still fun to watch the cat go outside and investigate the strange, unsettling mystery that is snow.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:07 pm

Sometimes I really love college radio DJs. "Catch us on 90.1 in the city by the sea, 91.1 on the coast facing the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, and KTUH.org if you're connected to the training wheels for the great collective unconscious!"
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:59 pm

Making friends is hard when you're a 40-something mother of your first child. Doubly so when your toddler now has a chronic medical condition (that you also have).

I know my friends are only 40 miles away, but that's just not consistently doable in local traffic conditions and everyone's schedules.

Also, I have a new criterion to add to my prior one (no anti-vaxxer friends): no Trump-supporter friends.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:19 pm

I wish there was an adult fanbase for Doc McStuffins like there is for My Little Pony. My toddler is addicted to it, and since she's been sick all week, she's pretty much sat on the sofa and watched Doc McStuffins the whole time. So, I have absorbed it, too.

And I want someone to talk to about it. Or at least to get why the Wicked King is my favorite character and get my jokes about him. Wink

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:56 pm

That moment when you go to bed last night, but one of your feet is ice cold and the other is just normal-warm and you go "This is it, this is how it ends" No
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by sky Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:34 pm

I really like our selection of smileys on here. I keep wanting to use them on other sites, but then I remember that all they have are a bunch of generic yellow faces.
sky
sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:22 pm

Reading about how our sense of smell works, and thinking that the transference of neurotransmitters is kind of like brain cells sniffing at each other.
Hirundo Bos
Hirundo Bos

http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:14 am

I feel like I'm drowning and no one's listening to me say that I'm drowning. Sigh.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum