NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming

+38
Andrew Corvero
Chickpea Sarada
Robjection
PintsizeBro
Suika
Prajnaparamita
Raindancing
Caffeinated
Hirundo Bos
Wondering
username_6916
Gman
Lemminkainen
TheRoux
LadyIkaros
Gentleman Johnny
WJMorris3
nonA
Hae
InkAndComb
sky
Barretts_Salt
readertorider
kath
waxingjaney
C-Bass
Coin-op Adjutant
Enail
UristMcBunny
The Wisp
Werel
Conreezy
KMR
caliseivy
eselle28
reboot
BasedBuzzed
nearly_takuan
42 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 11 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Enail Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:22 pm

When I'm sick or injured, I always somehow assume that as soon as no one's watching I'll be totally fine. Apparently I need to be sent back to baby school, because I should have mastered the concept of object permanence by now, and that's not how it works :\
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 11 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by KMR Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:45 pm

Enail wrote:When I'm sick or injured, I always somehow assume that as soon as no one's watching I'll be totally fine. Apparently I need to be sent back to baby school, because I should have mastered the concept of object permanence by now, and that's not how it works :\

This makes me wonder if the lack of object permanence is something that sticks around in some primal part of the brain and can occasionally manifest in adults. Because that's what it feels like is happening when I fear I've forgotten or lost something. Like today: "Well, I'm pretty sure I saw that my wallet was in my purse when I left the house, but it's been a few minutes since I checked, so who knows if it's still in there. *checks again*"

Get well soon.
KMR
KMR

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:49 am

Hearing nearby whales sing underwater is absolutely all the cheesy overblown things they say it is: haunting, alien, beautiful, joyous, immensely sad, heartstopping. Lovestruck

Also, Enail, hope you feel better soon.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:06 am

I'd swallowed a tiny piece of plastic wrapper and can still feel it in my throat. Wish it would fuck off already.

Take care, Enail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gman Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:48 am

Statistics class - suddenly the following formula appears:

Hw,s = b0 + b1 X w + b2 X sex [M-F]

If only if it was as simple as this equation (which by the way, I don't really understand, the only thing I know is that it has something to do with Linear Regressions........... scratch)
Gman
Gman

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:30 am

Gman wrote:Statistics class - suddenly the following formula appears:

Hw,s = b0 + b1 X w + b2 X sex [M-F]

If only if it was as simple as this equation (which by the way, I don't really understand, the only thing I know is that it has something to do with Linear Regressions........... scratch)

Huh, this looks like a child height regression based on infant weight and sex from my neonatal nutrition and health class.....

Probably is not, but definitely resembles a vaguely remembered, rarely used equation from 15 years ago Smile
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:53 pm

Watching TV with a massive hypocrite who doesn't care to attempt empathy is f*&#ing impossible. I may have to take my lunch back upstairs Disapproving
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:56 pm

December 25, 1993

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 11 Batman_mask_of_the_phantasm_poster
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:42 am

waxingjaney wrote:December 25, 1993

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 11 Batman_mask_of_the_phantasm_poster

The other great Batman movie. God, I miss the animated series, and Mark Hamill...sigh.

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:08 pm

Some people must have really low standards for fapping if the crappy monstergirl+mindcontrol text adventure shite I barfed out on a whim got them off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:27 pm

Having seen how people react to fetish material of various qualities, you are absolutely right BasedBuzzed.

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:21 pm

Driving is turning out to be a good metaphor for the rest of my life: I have all the mechanics down near perfect, but I fuck it up when I have to guess what somebody else is thinking.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:41 pm

nearly_takuan wrote:Driving is turning out to be a good metaphor for the rest of my life: I have all the mechanics down near perfect, but I fuck it up when I have to guess what somebody else is thinking.
I start from the assumption that every other driver is going to do something stupid and work from there. I'm not entirely sure if I should be applying that to the rest of my life though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:03 am

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 11 HARLEY-DAVIDSON-Sporster-Iron-883-2012-2

Mhm, wouldn't mind having one of these.

It seems like a good portion of what constitutes as 'socializing' involves participating in outdoor activities, i.e. being under the sun a lot.

Which would be great, if one didn't have to worry about hyperpigmentation or drowning in your sweat.

Last edited by HermitTheToad on Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:31 am

All the creations this guy has photographed are so beautiful and I would kill to be part of whatever gathering they're made for.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 11 Charles_freger_wilder_mann_2010-2011_0042_babugeriRandom Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 11 Charles_freger_wilder_mann_2010-2011_0057b_survakari
Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 11 Charles_freger_wilder_mann_2010-2011_0066_chriapaRandom Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 11 Charles_freger_wilder_mann_2010-2011_0099_bard_pelzmartle
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:33 am

I found out that an old friend in Afghanistan has been killed, shot by the Taliban in the bazaar, most likely because he worked for the local government and assisted foreign NGOs. I hope his family, wives and kids will be ok. He was a good person.
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:58 am

We call it "double u" but it looks more like a double v.

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:27 pm

reboot wrote:I found out that an old friend in Afghanistan has been killed, shot by the Taliban in the bazaar, most likely because he worked for the local government and assisted foreign NGOs. I hope his family, wives and kids will be ok. He was a good person.

Oh God, condolences, reboot.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:23 pm

This idea that no one's off limits in a dating/sexual context makes me...uneasy (I mean, technically you can, but should you?).

Then again, my perceptions are informed by having observed an arranged-marriage model of heterosexual relationships. And from what I can tell, these relationship models tend to be more overtly concerned with hierarchies and status.

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:07 am

HermitTheToad wrote:This idea that no one's off limits in a dating/sexual context makes me...uneasy (I mean, technically you can, but should you?).

Then again, my perceptions are informed by having observed an arranged-marriage model of heterosexual relationships. And from what I can tell, these relationship models tend to be more overtly concerned with hierarchies and status.

If you don't mind talking about it, who are you uneasy about being not off-limits (the only groups I can think of being strictly no-go would be kids)? I assume something status-related, like dating within the workplace, but would be actually interested to hear more about this line of thinking.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:29 am

HermitTheToad wrote:This idea that no one's off limits in a dating/sexual context makes me...uneasy (I mean, technically you can, but should you?).

The only times I think someone is off-limits is if they've got a partner already and/or are married already. The reason I find that to be a be a no-go is because, if the woman left her previous partner so easily, what's gonna stop her from leaving me too? Plus I would hate to be a home wrecker too, fuck that noise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:35 am

Werel wrote:
If you don't mind talking about it, who are you uneasy about being not off-limits (the only groups I can think of being strictly no-go would be kids)? I assume something status-related, like dating within the workplace, but would be actually interested to hear more about this line of thinking.

Well, anyone you perceive to be holistically 'better' than you in terms of beauty, intelligence, class, personality, being interesting/fun etc.

It's basically the idea of 'Dating Up' or dating someone you perceive to be 'out of your league'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:05 am

If you could have your own personal J.A.R.V.I.S. who's voice would you choose to hear?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:01 am

Huh. I must be feeling better about either myself or old heartbreaks. Seeing pics of someone who'd previously made me eat my jealous heart out over her loveliness now just makes me go, "Aw, cute," and move on.

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:58 am

HermitTheToad wrote:If you could have your own personal J.A.R.V.I.S. who's voice would you choose to hear?

I'm tempted to say RDJ and program it to say "sure thing" instead of "certainly, sir" but I think I'd actually grow tired of that fairly quickly.

Of course, I still don't know if my real answer is Sir Patrick Stewart, Tony Shalhoub, or Susan Egan.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum