NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming

+38
Andrew Corvero
Chickpea Sarada
Robjection
PintsizeBro
Suika
Prajnaparamita
Raindancing
Caffeinated
Hirundo Bos
Wondering
username_6916
Gman
Lemminkainen
TheRoux
LadyIkaros
Gentleman Johnny
WJMorris3
nonA
Hae
InkAndComb
sky
Barretts_Salt
readertorider
kath
waxingjaney
C-Bass
Coin-op Adjutant
Enail
UristMcBunny
The Wisp
Werel
Conreezy
KMR
caliseivy
eselle28
reboot
BasedBuzzed
nearly_takuan
42 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Guest Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:44 am

Random Thought #1: I just remembered the time a guy who I thought was a friend tried to drown me in a pool, many years ago. Really wish I didn't have that kicking around my head.

Random Thought #2: I feel like I relate more to Jennifer Walters / She-Hulk than I do to Bruce Banner / The Hulk.

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 15 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by caliseivy Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:43 pm

Good God, it's just additional DLC for a game; no need to lose your minds over it when no one ever said there was a chance of particular content ever being added. The levels of rage are unbelievable.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gman Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:22 am

Just discovered this interesting app - "Worry Watch - Anxiety Managment Self Help Journal/Diary", which is currently number 9 at the top selling paid apps in my local itunes store.

According to the app description, it's an app desgined to help you deal with anxieties, by telling you to log any anxiety that raises it's head and then write down what actually happened in reality. Thus, it simply allows you to track said anxieties and allow you to see how they all wind up in reality in an easy to understand interface. This systematic tracking and logging, according to this description, should allow you to better understand your anxieties and thus maybe gain better control of them.

https://itunes.apple.com/il/app/worry-watch-anxiety-management/id693833917?mt=8

Google search for an andriod version of this resulted in nothing, so far this is for iphone users only (though the search did cough up some similar apps)
Gman
Gman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:49 pm

Sometimes (often?) my day-dreaming fantasies of my happier future are so vivid that they can lull me into inaction in the present day.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:00 am

Nothing wrong with picking the better state.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyIkaros Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:45 am

The Wisp wrote:Sometimes (often?) my day-dreaming fantasies of my happier future are so vivid that they can lull me into inaction in the present day.

The problem is that at some point you'll get old enough that you'll realize that it's not gonna happen, and then you'll really hit the wall.
Not that I would know about that...
LadyIkaros
LadyIkaros

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:27 pm

There's always an entire screen full of people looking for a duo-party in Heroes of the Storm. Each of them has seen the others, but none has clicked to join the open group. It's as if people want to feel like they've been chosen, even if it's just by an anonymous stranger who knows nothing about them.

Sitting next to a stranger on the bus often feels weird and uncomfortable. What if they feel trapped? What if they want off at the next stop and I'm going to be in their way? Someone else sitting next to me feels good, because ???
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:18 pm

nearly_takuan wrote:
Sitting next to a stranger on the bus often feels weird and uncomfortable. What if they feel trapped? What if they want off at the next stop and I'm going to be in their way?
Laughing  I have the exact same thought every time I take an aisle seat.
nearly_takuan wrote: Someone else sitting next to me feels good, because ???
That's nice to hear. Sometimes I choose the seat next to people who look lonely or bummed out, because ???. I guess I subconsciously hoped some people felt this way.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:51 am

Ugh, I was having a debate that violent protests never solve anything, but the other person kinda stonewalled me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:35 am

nearly_takuan wrote:Someone else sitting next to me feels good, because ???

...because somehow it's an affirmation that you're not unworthy, unpleasant, ugly etc.? Or it's a sign that you're not passively sending out 'bad' vibes? Because you may be reminded of a time when you were a kid and not a lot of people wanted to sit with you or offer you a seat à la the bus scene in Sam Raimi's Spiderman?

@Werel & nearly: If you were on the aisle seat and someone asked if they could have the seat next to you, would you offer them your aisle seat or just move onto the window seat instead?

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:09 pm

HermitTheToad wrote:
@Werel & nearly: If you were on the aisle seat and someone asked if they could have the seat next to you, would you offer them your aisle seat or just move onto the window seat instead?

I never sit in the aisle seat if the window seat's empty (poor form!), but I'd move in. Can't stand people who take the aisle seat and expect me to maneuver over their knees to get to the window.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:26 pm

Werel wrote:
HermitTheToad wrote:

I never sit in the aisle seat if the window seat's empty (poor form!), but I'd move in. Can't stand people who take the aisle seat and expect me to maneuver over their knees to get to the window.

Exactly this!
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:22 am

"International student?"

"No"

"Local?"

"Er..yes <_<"

Isn't 'enthusiastic joy' supposed to be the appropriate emotional response to getting your first official paycheck?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:15 am

I'm trying my hands on romance writing, and I'm trying my hand on online dating, and everything happening in text and all, so it's a bit similar. Today, my characters were hot and confused, and almost simultaneously an OKC conversation took an unexpected turn, and now my characters' feelings are spilling over into my own. (Which if nothing else could be a sign that my writing works.)
Hirundo Bos
Hirundo Bos

http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:03 pm

The smell of oatmeal cookies baking makes me sick to my stomach.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:02 pm

On the thirty-eighth week of Job Search a recruiter sent to me:
Six update emails,
Five IM pings,
Four resume samples,
Three LinkedIn invites,
Two unhatched chickens,
And a basket for carrying eggs.

(Seriously though, good week overall. Glad I found this guy! Or more accurately: glad he found me!)
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:03 am

Note to self: ask more people out, even if you don't have a crush on them. Dead-end dating sites and flirting at parties hoping to gear up enough intimacy to go in for the kiss should not be your sole methods of making a move.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:32 pm

I don't think I like just about anything marketed to me.

Not masculinity based, not nerdy based, not even music lover based.

I hate to sound like the kid from Catcher in the Rye, because I loathe that book and that kid, but it's all fake and it all sucks.

EDIT: Another thought!

Those tales you hear of guys being invited to stay at a woman's house for sexy times (or otherwise, really) and the guy turning her down out of obliviousness? There's hundreds in those 'missed hints' reddit threads.

I think I'd turn the offer down less from being oblivious, even if it would play a large part. No, I'd be turning her down because it would destroy the schedule in my head for how the day is supposed to go and I'd be a fidgeting, absentminded mess until I set the schedule straight the following day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gman Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:38 am

Well, I had a rather awkward moment yesterday. Went to a salsa party (at a place that I haven't been to a long time now), danced with this women who told me "We met before". I seriously couldn't remeber when that happened, then she said "well, we did have an interesting conversation" and I STILL couldn't remember.
Only when I came back home did it hit me - It was almost a year and half ago, I tried to hit on her but she rejected me and then I..... kind of got teary eyed in front of her and pretty much bailed from the shame of it happening in front of her.......

Thank god that I only remembered that AFTER the event.... Embarassed
Gman
Gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:37 am

I'm gonna be 23 in a week, yay. :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Caffeinated Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:00 pm

Years ago, I used to have a t-shirt with a drawing of the Buddha on it (the fat happy looking image) that said "Rub my belly for good luck". I'm now nearly 30 weeks pregnant, and I would totally wear a maternity shirt of that. From what I hear from other women, I am the only person in the world who feels this way.
Caffeinated
Caffeinated

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:14 pm

Some of these questions smack of PUA, but they're actually very good conversational material if you can stamp out the forced filler vibe(lead it in with an anecdote/opinion of your own, don't use them as canned openers: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/11/fashion/no-37-big-wedding-or-small.html).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:44 pm

BasedBuzzed wrote:Some of these questions smack of PUA, but they're actually very good conversational material if you can stamp out the forced filler vibe(lead it in with an anecdote/opinion of your own, don't use them as canned openers: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/11/fashion/no-37-big-wedding-or-small.html).

Link's broken, mon. D:

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:47 pm

Delete the parenthesis and period.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:13 pm

nearly_takuan wrote:Delete the parenthesis and period.

Aha! There we go.

I read the first article the questions here talked about. I stopped half-way through the article, I couldn't keep going, seemed way too good to be true. There's no way this could possibly work. Also, something about the article didn't seem right... seemed... manipulative?

Overall, I thought it was stupid, or maybe I'm just that cynical.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum