NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming

+38
Andrew Corvero
Chickpea Sarada
Robjection
PintsizeBro
Suika
Prajnaparamita
Raindancing
Caffeinated
Hirundo Bos
Wondering
username_6916
Gman
Lemminkainen
TheRoux
LadyIkaros
Gentleman Johnny
WJMorris3
nonA
Hae
InkAndComb
sky
Barretts_Salt
readertorider
kath
waxingjaney
C-Bass
Coin-op Adjutant
Enail
UristMcBunny
The Wisp
Werel
Conreezy
KMR
caliseivy
eselle28
reboot
BasedBuzzed
nearly_takuan
42 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 34 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by BasedBuzzed Wed May 13, 2015 6:43 pm

Does anybody have that link that was posted here to a tumblr or something with stories of what happened to women who refused someone's advances and where met with violence/abuse? I need it to edumacate someone.

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 34 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by caliseivy Wed May 13, 2015 6:50 pm

BasedBuzzed wrote:Does anybody have that link that was posted here to a tumblr or something with stories of what happened to women who refused someone's advances and where met with violence/abuse? I need it to edumacate someone.

It's actually when women refuse
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickpea Sarada Thu May 14, 2015 3:07 am

Isn't cheese cake more like a pie?
Chickpea Sarada
Chickpea Sarada

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Thu May 14, 2015 3:55 am

caliseivy wrote:
BasedBuzzed wrote:Does anybody have that link that was posted here to a tumblr or something with stories of what happened to women who refused someone's advances and where met with violence/abuse? I need it to edumacate someone.

Thanks for the link, you're the best!

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Thu May 14, 2015 10:05 am

BasedBuzzed wrote:
caliseivy wrote:

Thanks for the link, you're the best!

Oh you. Wink
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Thu May 14, 2015 3:39 pm

Chickpea Sarada wrote:Isn't cheese cake more like a pie?

Yes, yes it is. And delicious whatever you call it. Grin

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 1:33 am

The struggle between whether or not my Dad's biases are getting in the way or I'm just genuinely that oblivious is real. Laughing

No, I don't think the girl working at the pizza place was hitting on me when she said she liked my style. Looking at me and smiling is kind of part of the 'I am working hospitality' dealio, too.

But hey, he was right about one thing: she was definitely gorgeous.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Fri May 15, 2015 3:34 am

Despite not giving one many opportunities to enter the conversation, even to ask questions, hearing gossip about a social group full of interesting personalities that you have no connection to can be very entertaining all the same.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Fri May 15, 2015 4:51 pm

I forgot how much I love Police Squad and other Leslie Nielsen stuff. A cavalcade of puns, sight gags and slapstick, while still letting the scene continue in that delightful deadpan manner.

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Sat May 16, 2015 12:53 pm

I've just realized that I only have black t-shirts... Everything else is professional wear for work
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos Sun May 17, 2015 4:41 am

Through a combination of other physical discomforts, I feel hung over without having had any alcohol at all. Somehow fascinating.

(It's also the Norwegian Constitution Day today.)
Hirundo Bos
Hirundo Bos

http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Corvero Mon May 18, 2015 4:28 pm

Nicholas Cage and Matthew McConaughey are time travelers (or vampires):

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 34 B47e80876ae744ded96f15f42e2e4868_600x400

"People don't just change who they are in an instant. It takes time, so you don't even know you're changing. Until one day you'll just a little bit different than you used to be and you can't even tell what the hell happened" (Rich Burlew)

"You shouldn't take advice from random strangers on the Internet too seriously" said the random stranger on the Internet.
Andrew Corvero
Andrew Corvero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 10:40 pm

"Well, I'm running down the road tryin' to loosen my load, I've got seven women on my mind; none wanna own me, one wants to stone me, six say they're friends of mine. Take it eeeeeasy, take it eeeeasyyyy. I won't let the sound of my own wheels
drive me crazy."

With apologies to The Eagles. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Wed May 20, 2015 10:07 am

After playing what I'm pretty sure is my first ever game of Charades yesterday, I think I may have finally discovered my unique talent.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by V Wed May 20, 2015 11:34 am

Charades is an awesome game!

And Mikey that's an awesome Eagles' song.

V

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2015 12:11 pm

V wrote:Charades is an awesome game!

And Mikey that's an awesome Eagles' song.

Heeheehee. I just re-wrote the intro part. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Wed May 20, 2015 11:14 pm

bloody-nosed dog swoops
right before this startled cat
nice turn signal, bro

Maybe it's art, maybe it isn't.

But I'm pretty sure it's lousy as food.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Wed May 20, 2015 11:52 pm

I just can't believe this product actually exists, but the site looks so real...
I just went to the home page, which doesn't help.

I didn’t know it was such a serious issue.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Thu May 21, 2015 7:54 pm

So hang on.

When a woman does it ...
Spoiler:

But when a man does it ...
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Fri May 22, 2015 6:24 pm

Noooo, you're not supposed to respond to the parody account. :S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2015 4:25 am

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/05/22/san-diego-military-aircraft-off-runway-official/27809377/

Here's a story that totally fucked with our opening block today at work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2015 9:07 am

"Where do babies come from?"

Why, from North Korea of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Mon May 25, 2015 2:45 pm

To all my military friends and their families,

20 years ago I would not have thought I would have had friends in the "military-industrial complex" but I am glad that ended up being untrue. Working with you in the PRTs and other reconstruction efforts taught me that we are not so different. We both undertake dangerous jobs because we believe in something bigger than ourselves. We have experiences that cannot be explained to or appreciated by outsiders. Our efforts often fail.

I am glad I can call you my friends, both those of you who are alive and those of you who have died.
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2015 9:32 pm

I think I'm gonna start a sort of photo topic here for pics I take and whatnot. I forget how much I love it too and also how therapeutic it cam be for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Wed May 27, 2015 8:40 am

Note to self: never again take hot showers for granted. On the upside, freezing water down your spine at 6 am is a pretty decent way to wake up without coffee.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum