NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming

+38
Andrew Corvero
Chickpea Sarada
Robjection
PintsizeBro
Suika
Prajnaparamita
Raindancing
Caffeinated
Hirundo Bos
Wondering
username_6916
Gman
Lemminkainen
TheRoux
LadyIkaros
Gentleman Johnny
WJMorris3
nonA
Hae
InkAndComb
sky
Barretts_Salt
readertorider
kath
waxingjaney
C-Bass
Coin-op Adjutant
Enail
UristMcBunny
The Wisp
Werel
Conreezy
KMR
caliseivy
eselle28
reboot
BasedBuzzed
nearly_takuan
42 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 35 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Robjection Wed May 27, 2015 1:09 pm

Incredibly loud and incredibly out-of-tune fire alarms at 3 am also work Werel.

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 35 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by waxingjaney Fri May 29, 2015 12:23 am

Twitter combines the functionality of Usenet and the bandwidth of a telegraph machine.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Fri May 29, 2015 3:05 am

Nescient is another cool word to insult people while appearing smart.

I'm reminded of a Tumblr post that I can't find that denounced the manspreading pic fad as classist and racist because a lot of pics had depicted poor minorities. Turns out that post was prophetic: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/05/manspreading-can-get-you-arrested.html

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Fri May 29, 2015 3:22 am

The anti-sugar hysteria is really starting to wear on me.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Fri May 29, 2015 8:47 am

How can you tell whether a pirate is blinking or winking?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 2:59 pm

I need a word for that feeling that you know the person who wrote a question into an advice blog (and the accompanying aaaah I can't post comments because it's probably my ex!!!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2015 5:35 pm

Yeah, I take pictures too. Not just draw them. :3

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Fri May 29, 2015 10:32 pm

You'll never believe what word Webster added to the dictionary!

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Fri May 29, 2015 11:20 pm

I seem to have picked up some of Mom's backseat driving habits, except I apply them to people I'm not riding with. "Speed limit's 35 here, dear." Or, "Your gas pedal is on your right."

(This from a guy who definitely ran a red light not that long ago.)
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Corvero Sat May 30, 2015 6:05 am

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 35 B20a1471b9b6d295a54c4041b3da4565729e590b93c4bc3453f7917331744bdf

That's Joseph Stalin at 24.

"People don't just change who they are in an instant. It takes time, so you don't even know you're changing. Until one day you'll just a little bit different than you used to be and you can't even tell what the hell happened" (Rich Burlew)

"You shouldn't take advice from random strangers on the Internet too seriously" said the random stranger on the Internet.
Andrew Corvero
Andrew Corvero

Back to top Go down

Post by Gman Sat May 30, 2015 9:04 am

Acciedental DJ moment - when you hit "skip" on a playing song and the transition that happens sounds like a 100% pro transition that a super skilled DJ usually does. I feel proud of myself LOL :-D
Gman
Gman

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Sat May 30, 2015 11:54 am

Question, since I don't know where else this would go.

When one is invited to a wedding, is it normal for the invite to come addressed to "Mr. #MYNAME and Guest"? First invite I've gotten that looks like this.

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Sat May 30, 2015 12:49 pm

WJMorris3 wrote:Question, since I don't know where else this would go.

When one is invited to a wedding, is it normal for the invite to come addressed to "Mr. #MYNAME and Guest"? First invite I've gotten that looks like this.

Yes. It means if you want to bring someone you can because the couple budgeted for guests of the main invitee. The guest could be a partner, a friend, someone you barely know, it is totally flexible. You are in no way required to bring a guest, though, it is just an option.
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Sat May 30, 2015 1:48 pm

Oops...

During a celebration of the Seaflower's safe arrival in Bermuda, the Captain's son went down to the gun room, and through "drinckeinge Tobaco by neclygense of ther fyer Blue uppe the Shyppe."
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Sat May 30, 2015 1:56 pm

waxingjaney wrote:Oops...

During a celebration of the Seaflower's safe arrival in Bermuda, the Captain's son went down to the gun room, and through "drinckeinge Tobaco by neclygense of ther fyer Blue uppe the Shyppe."
Well ... this is the random thoughts thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Sat May 30, 2015 4:50 pm

Is it just me or does practically every other decent sized city in the US supposedly have an emerging local microbrew beer culture?
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 6:45 pm

The Wisp wrote:Is it just me or does practically every other decent sized city in the US supposedly have an emerging local microbrew beer culture?

No, but I can tell you that San Diego is considered the Craft Beer Capital of the World and America's Craft Beer City beating out Portland with 50+ micro-breweries (suck it, PNW). Grin The three biggest breweries here being Karl Strauss, Stone and Ballast Point. Personally, I adore Ballast Point, it's pricey, but damn is it good. Victory at Sea is probably one of the best Stouts I've had next to Old Rasputin (even better on nitro tap) by North Coast Brewing. Hoooly shit.

Yes, I love my beer. Shhh!!

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Sat May 30, 2015 6:53 pm

The Wisp wrote:Is it just me or does practically every other decent sized city in the US supposedly have an emerging local microbrew beer culture?

Even a lot of smaller towns do - it starts as a hobby (I can't anymore because I'm renting, but several of my friends home brew), and then there's a beer fest, and then eventually at least one brewery moves in.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Sat May 30, 2015 11:09 pm

Mikey's current avatar seems to be channeling Groundskeeper Willie.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 31, 2015 12:19 am

Noooou!! It's supposed to be Louis CK. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Sun May 31, 2015 1:12 am

Willie is a better role model.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 31, 2015 9:24 am

Kind of wish DNL didn't trivialize a topic that I care about. Can't say that it's surprising though.

I'm glad I missed that comments section.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Sun May 31, 2015 1:20 pm

waxingjaney wrote:Mikey's current avatar seems to be channeling Groundskeeper Willie.
Nah, the beard's not bushy enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Sun May 31, 2015 1:53 pm

It is ridiculous how much time I spend putting on make up to make it look like I am not wearing any make-up
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos Sun May 31, 2015 7:12 pm

I saw Age of Ultron in a movie theatre, and at one point a character went to Oslo, Norway. Huh, I thought. That's where I am right now. And then it struck me that the same was true for everybody else in the room. Every single one of them, no exception. Isn't it strange that a lot of people can be in the same physical space and in the same mental space, and still have so very little contact with one another?
Hirundo Bos
Hirundo Bos

http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum