NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Entertainment Joys

+42
Sahrimnir
DoubtfulGuest
Enail
Glides
litterature
Kiskadee
bomaye
Xexyz
kath
Chickpea Sarada
Aggrax
KitKat
choys
Hirundo Bos
Robjection
Andrew Corvero
Dan_Brodribb
Aalo
CP96
InkAndComb
Raindancing
Prajnaparamita
reboot
Jayce
Suika
Gentleman Johnny
Caffeinated
celette482
caliseivy
Conreezy
waxingjaney
PKB
nearly_takuan
eselle28
Gman
The Wisp
Archetype694
SarahGryph
Lemminkainen
Mel
WJMorris3
UristMcBunny
46 posters

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

Entertainment Joys - Page 20 Empty Re: Entertainment Joys

Post by bomaye Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:27 am

Guess I was wrong about rap in general, I fell down a diss-track rabbit and shit's so fun, similar to pro wrestling rofl
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:04 pm

bomaye wrote:Guess I was wrong about rap in general, I fell down a diss-track rabbit and shit's so fun, similar to pro wrestling rofl

YESSSS Boxing

Entertainment joy for all y'all Canadian pokemon masters (original thread):

Entertainment Joys - Page 20 Il_1140xN.1543506896_jkel
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:57 pm

>No Degrassi type Pokemon
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Datelessman Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:34 am

"CAPTAIN MARVEL" was a great film, and so undeserving of all the hate it is getting online by a small but vocal group of MRA trolls. Frankly, if DNL wanted to skip his current schedule and do an article calling them out, it'd be deserved. It's a great flick.
Datelessman
Datelessman

https://datelessman.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KMR Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:10 pm

I enjoyed Captain Marvel as well. I felt like a good deal of it was pretty bog standard and formulaic as far as Marvel superhero origin movies go, but the standard of quality for your generic Marvel film is pretty solid, so that's not really a strike against it.

I'm no longer surprised by all the hatred coming out of the MRA sphere about movies like this and I pretty much ignore it. But I am getting sick of this perception that seems to be held by a larger segment of male nerds that a female-led movie like this, particularly one that comes out within the context of a genre or franchise that has been traditionally male-dominated, is created with the primary purpose of appealing to women/feminists... with the added sentiments or implications that A) this is somehow a bad thing in general and B) that this somehow takes away from that movie's appeal to its "intended/target/primary audience" (i.e. men).
KMR
KMR

Back to top Go down

Post by Datelessman Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:18 pm

KMR wrote:I enjoyed Captain Marvel as well. I felt like a good deal of it was pretty bog standard and formulaic as far as Marvel superhero origin movies go, but the standard of quality for your generic Marvel film is pretty solid, so that's not really a strike against it.

I'm no longer surprised by all the hatred coming out of the MRA sphere about movies like this and I pretty much ignore it. But I am getting sick of this perception that seems to be held by a larger segment of male nerds that a female-led movie like this, particularly one that comes out within the context of a genre or franchise that has been traditionally male-dominated, is created with the primary purpose of appealing to women/feminists... with the added sentiments or implications that A) this is somehow a bad thing in general and B) that this somehow takes away from that movie's appeal to its "intended/target/primary audience" (i.e. men).

As a white, straight, American-born man in his mid-to-late 30's, I can solidly say I am a part of that supposed "intended" demographic and I loved it. But then again, I can relate to, and often seek out, stories and adventures featuring other characters (or real life people) who are not fellow straight, white men.

Having had to argue with, and then ban, an MRA troll on my feed over this movie, it's like DNL says. The haters talk a big game about "men's rights" but in the end they're just enforcing all the negative stereotypes and limitations of what men "should" be. They also all, or mostly, are just venting their own personal baggage and/or agenda against women and twisting it into a philosophy as justification.

Without offering spoilers, I was fascinated and pleasantly surprised with a lot of the choices in terms of Danvers' origin adaptation (and changing what didn't work these days, especially with hindsight) along with a more nuanced look at an "alien invasion."
Datelessman
Datelessman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hielario Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:17 pm

Good lord the start of The Last Wind Monk is NUTS. It deconstructed the ending of the last game perfectly and dressing Peck as a fat dart to win the contest nearly killed me .
(Mayyybe don't play it if you had an abusive father, though).

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:01 pm

I watched an episode of the Orville that had a song from The Last Unicorn, and suddenly got completely flooded by a wave of intense melancholy from something that first moved me when I was four years old.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Datelessman Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:30 pm

Enail wrote:I watched an episode of the Orville that had a song from The Last Unicorn, and suddenly got completely flooded by a wave of intense melancholy from something that first moved me when I was four years old.

Yeah, I only saw that flick once in maybe first or second grade, but the "where have you been" scene still gets to me. pale
Datelessman
Datelessman

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:17 pm

This is Bray Wyatt in 2013. A New Orleans Doomsday Cult Leader (but WWE is a PG show so they never outright say the word "cult") who was told by the now deceased Nun who raised him, Sister Abigail, that he was special and he had all the answers.

Eventually he turned into a bit of a supernatural type dude, his cult left him, his compound got burned down, and he disappeared off TV for a long stretch of months.

He finally re-debuted last week

Reportedly WWE's sponsors might've asked them to stop doing these segments after the first one because what the fuck, man?
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Sat May 18, 2019 5:14 pm

This is '80s as hell, and has some damn nice animation in a few spots:

Bray seems like he's channeling some Brian Pillman batshit zaniness there.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Sat May 18, 2019 6:11 pm

waxingjaney wrote:This is '80s as hell, and has some damn nice animation in a few spots:

Classic Do You Remember Love/Flashback 2012 Minmay hits my spot (Pretty sure that video is from Flashback 2012 but the good-animation is from DYRL)

I'm actually simulwatching SDF Macross (Japanese/not Robotech) with someone right now. I continually worry that I'm boring them because the real meat of the story doesn't start until Episode 10, but they seem okay with waiting it out to see what happens.
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:00 am

Is it bad that my reaction to the Joker movie was "SOMEONE FUCKING GETS IT Shiny/thrilled Shiny/thrilled Shiny/thrilled " Uh-oh

That's a top class 10/10 movie (unless you don't like something like Taxi Driver, in which case, this a 0/10 movie to you)
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:41 pm

According to half of Twitter, you should be put on a watchlist. According to the other half, you have the finest taste in the world. According to the third half, you're way too excited about a movie that's just kind of a mediocre mess.

(It's okay, I felt that way about Under the Skin so I should probably be on a list too Uh-oh)
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:42 pm

I feel like after all the normie scum stole Joker with The Dark Knight and his stupid "WHY SO SERIOUS XD XD XD" antics, I finally have a quotable Joker to express myself back at them.

Entertainment Joys - Page 20 Joker_3.0

Some spoiler things ahead

Spoiler:

(Yeah, I probably should be on a list Uh-oh )
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:15 am

Pro wrestling never properly showcased grunge back in the '90s (just Raven in ECW) or even emo in the '00s, so I guess it's a good time as any.
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Hielario Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:27 pm

So...the copy of Lucrezia in Agatha's head is down. The first copy of Lucrezia is no more.

Agatha is finally free of one of her biggest problems.
Hielario
Hielario

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:56 am

Seeing one of your favorite bands: good
Seeing one of your favorite bands KILL IT live: very good
Seeing one of your favorite bands KILL IT live in Paris: extremely good Shiny/thrilled
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:36 am

The Mandalorian ended up being really good, really fun Star Wars. They gave you a lot of the tropes but it also didn't feel like they were over-relying on them either.
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:09 am

Fire Emblem Three Houses did a surprisingly good job of giving depth and sympathetic development to several character types that usually get treated very shallowly.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hielario Tue May 19, 2020 7:49 pm

I just watched Breakfast at Tiffany's for the first time because it was on TV.
It's so beautiful...sometimes I'm thankful that crying is difficult for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Datelessman Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:02 am

I am slowly but steadily binge watching the original "GET SMART" TV series from 1965-1970, starring Don Adams and Barbara Feldon. Great classic stuff, and still very funny.
Datelessman
Datelessman

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:26 pm

Cosplay from a convention in 1967, I find it really cool to see how fans back then were the same as now.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Datelessman Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:21 am

Enail wrote:Cosplay from a convention in 1967, I find it really cool to see how fans back then were the same as now.

Definitely. The cosplay is great for the time period (i.e. no 3D printing). And a better looking Thing than Fox's last film attempt. Cool
Datelessman
Datelessman

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:06 am

The last few episodes of the Mandalorian have done small things that kinda annoy me but GOD DAMN what they're doing is actually pretty cool
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum