NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rants

+51
Enail
Suika
dustyteal
readertorider
trooper6
PintsizeBro
Raindancing
Prajnaparamita
Gman
TheRoux
BasedBuzzed
LadyIkaros
Caffeinated
KMR
OneTrueGuest
Coin-op Adjutant
Spiffo
WJMorris3
kath
username_6916
kleenestar
Izmuth
Kaz
reboot
SadisticToaster
Barretts_Salt
Hirundo Bos
Jayce
Xexyz
nonA
BiSian
celette482
Robjection
azazel
Conreezy
Werel
sky
Mel
nearly_takuan
Wondering
caliseivy
waxingjaney
Lemminkainen
reboundstudent
IntelligentDice
Gentleman Johnny
Gamerz
UristMcBunny
concentus
eselle28
fakely mctest
55 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Rants - Page 35 Empty Re: Rants

Post by caliseivy Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:04 pm

I am so burned-out right now. This is a terrible time for a stupid-ass assignment that I can't even figure out how to BS my way through.
Dropping these classes is such a pleasant thought right now. Withdrawing from the world and hiding out in my room for a few weeks sounds pleasant right now too.
I think I'm one stupid comment away from flipping out on this teacher...
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:29 pm

O Masterpiece MP-23, how I do like your throwback paint job and snarky decorations.

O Tobacco Settlement, how I dislike your making MP-23 illegal to sell in the US and forcing Americans to buy overseas at 2x retail.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by BiSian Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:31 pm

Dear Students: I know you're running on 5 hours of sleep (or prolly less). I know that my class doesn't directly prep you for your hellacious exams. But DAMN IT quit sleeping in my class!!!
BiSian
BiSian

http://thepurplebackpack.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:41 am

Grr. Per a customer, I'm not allowed to be offended by certain words because the words do not apply to me.

Mind you, there are really only three words that offend me; one starting with "R" (which triggered this one), one starting with "N", and one also meaning a bundle of sticks.

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:28 am

I hate, hate, hate counting calories, but I hate, hate, hate buying new clothes more. With the weird ass hormonal fluctuations I have going on from my ovarian invader I cannot exercise enough to stay a size that fits my current wardrobe and I will be damned if I am going to buy an entire new one.

This sucks.
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:29 am

>"I want to drag my entire gender into the sea"

>In b4 predictable "you first" and "buoyancy issues"

Externalized self-loathing is so tiresome.

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:09 pm

I am going to pop the generational conversation into a new thread because it has legs, because calisivy that there is an excellent point.

EDIT: Generation "Wuss" discussion is now here
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:08 pm

Of course I get the stomach flu/food poisoning the Saturday night and Sunday morning before spring break ends. Because who really wants to feel rejuvenated and ready to go into the home stretch of the semester?
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:31 pm

And I don't even know what day it is. Firday night and Saturday morning.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:49 pm

>pleasant conversation on OKC for a week
>turns to feminism
>"I get that you want to defend the group you're in, but if one group doesn't need defending, it's men. You're in no way held back or treated as lesser because you're male."

Oh for the love of Beelzebub. I know that you will easily concede on that point towards 'patriarchy hurts both sexes'(I won't quibble over the term patriarchy vs. gender role diktat), but can we please not skip on the nuance.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:38 pm

My poor dog had to spend the night at the vet's office on IVs because he ate a ton of grapes (which are potentially toxic to dogs and can cause renal failure, luckily they made him throw most of it up), and he'll have to be there another night. Luckily he's fine, it's just precautionary.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:50 pm

The Wisp wrote:My poor dog had to spend the night at the vet's office on IVs because he ate a ton of grapes (which are potentially toxic to dogs and can cause renal failure, luckily they made him throw most of it up), and he'll have to be there another night. Luckily he's fine, it's just precautionary.

Oh, I'm sorry. Even if it's precautionary, it's hard on both you and the poor puppy.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:54 pm

The Wisp wrote:My poor dog had to spend the night at the vet's office on IVs because he ate a ton of grapes (which are potentially toxic to dogs and can cause renal failure, luckily they made him throw most of it up), and he'll have to be there another night. Luckily he's fine, it's just precautionary.

Ohhh, this sucks. I remember the night my dog got into the dark chocolate and threw up a frothy brown puddle way bigger than his tiny body... stressful stuff. Sending good vibes to you and the pup.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:16 pm

People whose idea of conversation is monologued stories, plot summaries of whatever they're reading, and lengthy opinion pieces, with no thought whatsoever to the person they're telling them to or what they might find interesting, and no interactivity whatsoever beyond occasionally pausing in their monologue to allow you to monologue at them if you so desire....uggghhhh!

Also, before you say shit like "you don't understand how hard it is when your body starts to go till you get to be my age," maybe think about your audience a little?
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:16 pm

I don't hold a candle for her, despite what you may think. This is purely territorial possessiveness, and the less I take that seriously the better. You encourage someone when they have confidence issues and create artificial obstacles because of that, not when they clearly know better.

Back to top Go down

Post by BiSian Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:10 pm

Dear J,
Well it's pretty damn clear I've been friend dumped.
I especially love how you did so by ignoring my pleas to see you one last time before I moved across the planet. And then the last-minute passive aggressive text about how I probably had no time for you, yeah that was really special. Were you surprised that I called your bluff and said "Yeah, you're right. I have literally 12 hours in which to pack and get some sleep--how about you don't play middle schooler games with me. I don't have time for a fight either so let's try and Skype in a couple weeks"
And since then I reached out, was honest about my hurt feelings and desire to reconnect and mend things. And....NOTHING!
I can get the message, it just really really REALLY sucks. Cause it feels like you decided to punish me for using my words. And I don't wanna think that you're that type of person.
At least I'm thousands of miles away and don't have to play nice.
BiSian
BiSian

http://thepurplebackpack.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:36 am

My folks are happy and healthy. But they're bugging me to have kids because I'm the only son and the family name must live on.

Apparently, my folks have put it in their wills that if I don't have kids, the only thing that I will inherit from them is any debt they have. (I didn't even know you could inherit debt.)

I love my parents dearly, but this is not something I'm happy with. It's not that I'd want money but when they think about you as worthy of leaving negative if you don't have kids...

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:00 pm

Easter is family time, blah blah, I get it. So of course they would ask me to be here. It's even pretty normal that they expect me to be here. But I'm more than a little miffed that they were apparently counting on it. As in, the logistics of all the shit they promised they would do could not possibly have worked without me "volunteering" to help out.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:26 pm

WJMorris3 wrote:My folks are happy and healthy. But they're bugging me to have kids because I'm the only son and the family name must live on.

Apparently, my folks have put it in their wills that if I don't have kids, the only thing that I will inherit from them is any debt they have. (I didn't even know you could inherit debt.)

I love my parents dearly, but this is not something I'm happy with. It's not that I'd want money but when they think about you as worthy of leaving negative if you don't have kids...

Can they do that? If they're serious I'd talk to a lawyer about that, because that is ridiculous.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:33 pm

In the US, the general rule is that debts get paid before heirs get most assets (some assets are protected from even that), but that you can't inherit debt all by itself or debt that goes above and beyond the value of the estate. Still, it's a cruel thing to put in a will - and sometimes people do put cruel, unenforceable provisions in wills. Sorry your parents both did that and let you know about it, WJMorris3.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:55 pm

I just don't get why they can't understand that I'm not going to be giving them grandchildren. I mean, I'm an uncle. And I like being an uncle. At the end of the day, I can give them back, possibly all sugared up.

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:27 pm

Talked to a lawyer (my uncle) and he said that it's definitely enforceable. Ugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:39 pm

WJMorris3 wrote:Talked to a lawyer (my uncle) and he said that it's definitely enforceable. Ugh.

I'm quite sure you live in the US, and while disinheriting you based on whether or not you have children is entirely enforceable, passing down debts is not. If your uncle said that your parents can do that, I think you may want to consider him to be on their side and be careful how you interact with him.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:26 pm

eselle28 wrote:I think you may want to consider him to be on their side and be careful how you interact with him.

Seconding that.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:09 pm

I don't see why a lawyer would lie, especially to family, as he'd have no incentive to do so. (Interestingly enough, I've been told no such provision exists on my sister as she can't pass on the family name anyway.)

In other news, here I am sitting at the bar, where I should be on a date, except she has no showed. It's only the first time for her but I'm starting to think the common link is me as all the no shows I've had have the common factor of me. I know I'm crazy to expect people to show up when they say they will but that was how I was raised.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum