NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return of the Rants

+43
Werel
Glides
Hielario
Datelessman
bomaye
Yoshiland
eselle28
Enail
HSavinien
ElizaJane
Amygdala
Conreezy
DragonEatsKnightCheckmate
Mara_
Izmuth
fakely mctest
Chickpea Sarada
Kiskadee
Barretts_Salt
waxingjaney
KitKat
BasedBuzzed
Xexyz
readertorider
CP96
jcorozza
InkAndComb
Aggrax
kath
Hirundo Bos
reboot
PintsizeBro
Caffeinated
reboundstudent
Robjection
caliseivy
nearly_takuan
sky
WJMorris3
BiSian
litterature
Wondering
Prajnaparamita
47 posters

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

Return of the Rants - Page 19 Empty Re: Return of the Rants

Post by Enail Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:20 pm

<mod>I've split Prajna's stalker problems off into a new thread, which hopefully won't be needed for long </mod>
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:41 pm

Being a photojournalist now means I get to meet all kinds of people including people who think they know better. 

Why just today, I was sent to a polling place to get b-roll and soundbites. And I could over hear some dude saying it was illegal for me to shoot/tape/film inside. I wouldn't be there if it wasn't and I could hear them drop my station letters. Well, I got news of my own, for you bro:

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:35 pm

I've been using the CPAP therapy machine the doctor gave me for my apnea (which I discovered on Friday that I have and is hereditary). The number of times I wake up in the night has dropped significantly, but I'm still here at my desk dozing off.
I knew the results wouldn't be instant, but I figured I'd at least stop having episodes like this at work.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:08 pm

The bunny my dog has been barking at through the window came and ate all my fledgling herb plants! The new ones I just planted this spring after my fantastic herb garden got left behind at the old house.

I am really ticked off! The sage in particular was looking fantastic. Now they might not make it through winter. Stupid rabbit!

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:39 pm

Over 80% of Native American women and men have experienced domestic or sexual violence: https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/249736.pdf

I am so over this world lately
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:16 pm

Do we have hope, guys?

Bannon, a white supremacist and white supremacist agitator as chief strategist.
Sessions, too racist for the '80s, thinks being born here isn't enough for citizenship, and endorsed by white supremacists for Attorney General.
Pompeo, who thinks that any encryption in communications is a red flag for terrorism for CIA head.

Is there any hope we won't be 1930s Germany?

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:19 am

Wondering wrote:Do we have hope, guys?

Bannon, a white supremacist and white supremacist agitator as chief strategist.
Sessions, too racist for the '80s, thinks being born here isn't enough for citizenship, and endorsed by white supremacists for Attorney General.
Pompeo, who thinks that any encryption in communications is a red flag for terrorism for CIA head.

Is there any hope we won't be 1930s Germany?
The one hope is that we've seen it before and know to stop it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:19 pm

Dude, it's already happening and no one is stopping it.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:51 pm

Wondering wrote:Dude, it's already happening and no one is stopping it.

And history tends to be repeated because people be people
reboot
reboot

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:06 pm

I'm at work on Thanksgiving. I never thought I'd hear "You probably voted for Hillary Clinton" thrown as an insult. (It was a customer who was upset he couldn't buy a product containing dextromethorphan without an ID showing date of birth; he had a government ID that had no date of birth on it. No, the insult wasn't hurled at me.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:15 pm

Friend, I know you're really busy right now and don't really have time to make plans. That's fine. Really, I'm an anti-social person who gets stressed when I hear from two friends in one week, I will be a-ok with you just being unavailable for a while and we'll still be friends. I would much rather you do that than that you keep trying to make plans that obviously stress you out and that you're going to be too busy to keep.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:24 am

I wish the responses to my post on Facebook about how all the wreaths this year are huge and nobody makes moderately-sized wreaths anymore that fit on our door weren't "Make your own!"

Yes, let me get right on that with all the spare time I have now managing a toddler's diabetes, all the extra doctor appointments we have, working part-time, getting her to her activities, cooking, running errands, the 20% more child care I'm doing on my own with my husband's new job that means he's gone before I get up in the morning and home 30-60 minutes later at night, and the complete lack of crafting skills or space I have to do such a thing.

People buy things so they don't have to make them.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:53 pm

Wondering wrote:I wish the responses to my post on Facebook about how all the wreaths this year are huge and nobody makes moderately-sized wreaths anymore that fit on our door weren't "Make your own!"

Yes, let me get right on that with all the spare time I have now managing a toddler's diabetes, all the extra doctor appointments we have, working part-time, getting her to her activities, cooking, running errands, the 20% more child care I'm doing on my own with my husband's new job that means he's gone before I get up in the morning and home 30-60 minutes later at night, and the complete lack of crafting skills or space I have to do such a thing.

People buy things so they don't have to make them.

Plus, not everyone likes making things! Not everyone is good at it!

I think it's cool when people like personalized decorations, and sometimes I enjoy crafting myself, but sometimes people get a bit ridiculous about it. It's not the solution to every problem.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:05 am

When your coworker talks about her boyfriend who won't "let her" buy a Christmas tree with her own money (and no, the reason isn't allergies)...
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:07 pm

Fuck off, snow :sick:
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:28 pm

Honolulu housing in a nutshell: front door of shitty apartment literally falls off its hinges, strips the screwholes and splinters the door jamb, has to be lifted in and out of the frame to exit or enter apartment, can't be locked so someone has to be home at all times. Landlord doesn't answer calls for 3 days, then tells us to find our own handyman*. Leave messages at a bunch of handyman companies for 2 days with no callbacks until one calls, says he can come "sometime soon" for 2 more days. He finally shows up this morning with no tools, scratches his head like "hey, this door is all the way off the hinges" (like I told him) and says "you'll have to work this out with the landlord, I don't have time for this repair."

Day 7 without a functioning door to my apartment. Also, the next door neighbors have been screaming at and slapping their kids more than usual this week, which is extra audible with the door taken off its frame. Sometimes I really, really hate living in this city.

*ever since we told her that her neo-Nazi dogfighting repairman "friend" with a decapitated Obama doll head impaled on the front of his truck was not welcome in our house, she's not very on the ball about landlord duties. I wish I was kidding about any of those things.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:34 pm

Oh jeez, Werel, that's ridiculously awful. I hope you can get it fixed soon somehow Sad
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:12 pm

Yeah, I'm just gonna roll with the "ridiculous" part of "ridiculously awful" and laugh till I don't want to put my fist through the flimsy drywall. Razz
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:02 pm

For what it's worth, contractors never calling me back is the bane of my home-owning existence. So that may not be just Honolulu. But the rest of it? WTF.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:37 pm

Another night where I can't sleep because it hurts so much to live in a world that doesn't want me in it. I know I use the words "world that doesn't want me in it" a lot, but I really can't think of a more accurate description of how things are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:23 am

The worst part about working in the morning on weekends is the 4am wake-up time. Fuck that. Plus I get a little anxious setting up live shots from time to time... finding one of our bounce points with my microwave emitter sucks depending on where I am...

Back to top Go down

Post by sky Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:11 pm

My internet was broken for a week, during which time the cable company insisted that everything was working correctly. (Spoiler: it wasn't. They did some sort of "upgrade" that involved disconnecting my service and not reconnecting it afterward.)

I had to call the 1-800 number to report that I had no internet, and for the 10 minutes or so that I was on hold, I was treated to a continuous recorded loop of a man telling me I could look up the solution to my problem on their website Headsmack
sky
sky

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:10 pm

sky wrote:My internet was broken for a week, during which time the cable company insisted that everything was working correctly. (Spoiler: it wasn't. They did some sort of "upgrade" that involved disconnecting my service and not reconnecting it afterward.)

I had to call the 1-800 number to report that I had no internet, and for the 10 minutes or so that I was on hold, I was treated to a continuous recorded loop of a man telling me I could look up the solution to my problem on their website Headsmack

There's possibly nothing worse than cable companies' help lines. I'm so sorry. Hopefully the "upgrade" becomes an actual one soon.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:00 am

Dear Apple,

If and when you release the Apple Pencil 2, please make it more ergonomic like a Wacom stylus. I know you guys like doing your own thing, but it does dig into my middle knuckle.

Thanks.

Signed, Mikey's Artist-side

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:25 am

Why, why, why do people like open casket funerals? Does anyone really want people critiquing their corpse's fashion sense and make-up?
reboot
reboot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum