NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return of the Rants

+43
Werel
Glides
Hielario
Datelessman
bomaye
Yoshiland
eselle28
Enail
HSavinien
ElizaJane
Amygdala
Conreezy
DragonEatsKnightCheckmate
Mara_
Izmuth
fakely mctest
Chickpea Sarada
Kiskadee
Barretts_Salt
waxingjaney
KitKat
BasedBuzzed
Xexyz
readertorider
CP96
jcorozza
InkAndComb
Aggrax
kath
Hirundo Bos
reboot
PintsizeBro
Caffeinated
reboundstudent
Robjection
caliseivy
nearly_takuan
sky
WJMorris3
BiSian
litterature
Wondering
Prajnaparamita
47 posters

Page 20 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Return of the Rants - Page 20 Empty Re: Return of the Rants

Post by bomaye Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:48 pm

Dear -12 degrees Celsius weather (or colder):

If I wanted to live in a godless winter hell, I'd move to Alberta. Go back to rain, Please and Thank You.
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:31 am

Lena Dunham is so fucking frustrating. Apparently she interprets "no longer seeing not having had an abortion as a point of pride" as something that needs to be expressed as "I wish I had had an abortion." No you don't, idiot. I have had an abortion. By all accounts, I had a very easy one. I had no trouble coming up with the funds for it, I was able to find a comfortable office in a high rise a few blocks from where I lived, I didn't have to deal with protestors, I didn't find the procedure all that painful, I was able to schedule it on a Saturday. The worst of the fallout was a nasty and possibly hormonal argument with my sister and a truly disgusting incident involving a blood clot and a new dress. I still fucking wish I hadn't been pregnant in the first place, and the fact that my experience was only mildly shitty doesn't mean I'm glad to have had it.

Apparently she's apologized now. "My words were spoken from a sort of 'delusional girl; persona I often inhabit, a girl who careens between wisdom and ignorance," is the explanation. At 30 fucking years old, I think that's a persona a person might want to consider abandoning.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:25 am

eselle28 wrote:......

Apparently she's apologized now.  "My words were spoken from a sort of 'delusional girl; persona I often inhabit, a girl who careens between wisdom and ignorance," is the explanation. At 30 fucking years old, I think that's a persona a person might want to consider abandoning.

Does she have any other persona she inhabits? Grin

How fucking tone deaf? No one wants to have an unwanted pregnancy, much less an abortion.

Bomeye: That sounds miserable and now I am embarrassed to have been whining about it being 40°
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:47 pm

Kids helping wrap presents is adorable.

Furkids helping wrap presents is a disaster. I need a new roll of tape, and Jasper needs a new haircut.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:50 pm

Oh fuck. Carrie Fisher. Her poor family.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:55 pm

Sad
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HSavinien Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:40 pm

So, this seems far too commonto me.

http://hsavinien.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HSavinien Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:50 pm

And in other news, my partner's frickin' employers...

So, they work as a youth counselor at a home for troubled teens (and actually love the kids for the most part, when not dodging another concussion), but the assholes who run the place!  THAT is another matter.  Partner's part time and yet worked 40+ hours/week for six months last year because the agency's too frickin' incompetent to hire enough staff.  This ended in mid-December, just before they would've had to start giving my partner benefits as a fulltime employee...just as partner was trying to re-up their state health insurance.  Because they'd worked so much in the last six months, my partner is no longer eligible for state health insurance.  SO THAT'S FUN.  

So my partner's poking desperately at other insurance options while having a frickin' mental health breakdown because they've been worked longer hours than is sustainable for six months.  And skipped out of work the past week because re: mental health breakdown, sooo, we don't know if they still even have a job but at least they're not crying and considering driving to the ER to avoid self-harm (see: last Wednesday, all day).  Which is good because we can't afford the ER, because they don't have health insurance, and may not have a job any more.

http://hsavinien.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:13 pm

Oh, jeez, that's awful. I hope things turn out okay with the job, and that they can sort something out about insurance soon.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:35 am

I am so sorry, HSavinien. I'm going to cross my fingers that things are looking up for you and your partner very soon.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:58 am

Do we really need to use Archie comics as a vehicle to remake Twin Peaks? How about no.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:16 pm

For the third time in a row, my plans to go with my sisters to buy a car has been pushed back against my wishes. First time was sudden snow, second time was a sister's emergency, now it's fears of what kind of people will be around for the inauguration. This isn't something I want to do alone (especially since I'd need transportation to get there) and she still wants to go, but I don't particularly want to wait another week, assuming something else doesn't come up.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:10 pm

Got a letter from the IRS telling me to buy health insurance this year -- I filed my taxes with a health care exemption last year -- or else.

Yeah, that letter doesn't really make me want to buy your insurance, or any insurance for that matter. Shrug

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:46 pm

Oh, old friend who decided to cut off a substantial percentage of the people in your life last year, I don't know what to tell you. I mean that literally. I have no idea how to respond to your messages. It is so very you to send a lengthy combination of abject apologies and emotionally-charged, fairly worrisome explanations for your behavior. It's even more you to do it at 2:00 AM, then follow up with an apology for the apologies after sunrise. Our underlying disagreement was silly and petty and I have no problem getting back in touch, since being out of touch was always your decision, but something a little more low key might have been a bit easier to deal with.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:12 pm

My parents think they know everything about caring for a diabetic child because they took care of me.

They know jack-shit about contemporary T1 diabetes management, carb-counting, and how precise it has to be and how fine-tuned. Increase that precision exponentially when dealing with a 25 pound 2.5 year old whose body is so small even a whisper of insulin drops her blood sugar 100 points.

But they think they know. They insist they know. And that's what makes them dangerous.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:47 am

I called a crisis hotline a couple of nights ago. It wasn't the same one that had told me that the life I described wasn't worth living and that it was probably too late to change it, but after the awful experiences I've had reaching out for help during crises in the past, calling any crisis hotline is something I'll do only out of true desperation. To be clear, I wasn't suicidal, but I was in an enormous amount of emotional pain that was affecting my ability to even function.

To be honest, I didn't find the experience helpful at all, and to make matters worse, I was reminded once again that people really do have extreme difficulty getting their head around the idea that someone could literally have zero social support. Despite the fact that I clearly told her that I have no friends, that things aren't good with my family, that I have nobody to spend time with or even call or text, she kept digging for specifics as if she was trying to prove me wrong. It seemed as far as she was concerned, everyone has friends, everyone has social support.

Everyone except me.

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:17 am

eselle28 wrote:Oh, old friend who decided to cut off a substantial percentage of the people in your life last year, I don't know what to tell you. I mean that literally. I have no idea how to respond to your messages. It is so very you to send a lengthy combination of abject apologies and emotionally-charged, fairly worrisome explanations for your behavior. It's even more you to do it at 2:00 AM, then follow up with an apology for the apologies after sunrise. Our underlying disagreement was silly and petty and I have no problem getting back in touch, since being out of touch was always your decision, but something a little more low key might have been a bit easier to deal with.

Ah, the phone call that was supposed to be about TV shows, politics, and other historically uncontroversial topics ended up being a two-hour feelings extravaganza. I did miss you, but you're also lucky that you've been an exceptionally good friend in the past, because you're trying my patience a little bit. And I hope to physics that the fact that I'm one of the first people to learn about your decision to open up your marriage is either coincidental or due to my history of being a good listener who gives sound advice.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:32 pm

I like to come over and hang with my sister, but every time I do, I spend at least one late night/early morning listening to sections of her housemate and his girlfriend having sex and I'm involuntarily reminded how many years it's been and how frustrated it makes me feel -_-

Excuse me while I go sit in the kitchen and try not to think about things...
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:47 am

IT'S BEEN SNOWING FOR TWO DAYS STRAIGHT, SEND HELP
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:49 pm

What's happening to the world, they keep saying we're getting snow fronts from you guys?!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:05 pm

Dear Mother:

I really don't care that you and my grandfather are "really concerned" about the dog jumping up on me, as your concern doesn't fix anything and makes it sound like I'm some helpless child being overpowered by this large dog who will hurt her and she can't do anything about it. Quit telling me that I "need to be firmer" with the dog when you've watched me be firm and correct him. I'm not going to yell and shout at the dog because I don't agree with that. What else do you want me to do?

If his behaviors bother you so much, instead of always telling me that I need to be firm or complaining to me about how he's acting, why don't you use all that time you have at home with the dog to try and train him? There's plenty of YouTube videos available -I know, I've seen some - and you're always talking about how he listens to you and doesn't try anything.

And fussing that his owner needs to train him, when said owner is not currently around to do so, doesn't do shit.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:18 pm

IT'S.

STILL.

SNOWING.
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:48 pm

Return of the Rants - Page 20 7Ts2QDN

I'M LIKE 6'3" THIS IS GETTING STUPID

(Hi everyone, that's my cranky face)
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:31 pm

That is a LOT of snow. I see why your face is so cranky if you're the one shoveling. Shocked
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:34 pm

Werel wrote:That is a LOT of snow for BC.

FTFY Grin
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum