NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming

+38
Andrew Corvero
Chickpea Sarada
Robjection
PintsizeBro
Suika
Prajnaparamita
Raindancing
Caffeinated
Hirundo Bos
Wondering
username_6916
Gman
Lemminkainen
TheRoux
LadyIkaros
Gentleman Johnny
WJMorris3
nonA
Hae
InkAndComb
sky
Barretts_Salt
readertorider
kath
waxingjaney
C-Bass
Coin-op Adjutant
Enail
UristMcBunny
The Wisp
Werel
Conreezy
KMR
caliseivy
eselle28
reboot
BasedBuzzed
nearly_takuan
42 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 7 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:33 am

I'd actually vaguely considered that having 'crabs' meant that you'd have these spontaneously apparating, microscopic crustaceans that appeared out of nowhere to fuck your [insert preferred genitalia] up.                    

And I hadn't even thought to correct myself until recently. Like, Google-san was just a few clicks away, and I didn't even bother. Ignorance is bliss.

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 7 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Robjection Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:20 am

nearly_takuan wrote:Wax paper is made of wax, and rice paper is made of rice, but toilet paper is just made of paper. Paper wasps are made of suffering.
This sounds like one of those trick questions to catch people out with. You know like "If a red house is made of red bricks and a blue house is made of blue bricks, what's a green house made of?"
HermitTheToad wrote:I'd actually vaguely considered that having 'crabs' meant that you'd have these spontaneously apparating, microscopic crustaceans that appeared out of nowhere to fuck your [insert preferred genitalia] up.
Wait, you mean that's not what it is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:56 pm

Skyscrapers and apartment complexes are like beehives for people.

God I need to get high.

Back to top Go down

Post by UristMcBunny Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:11 pm

Just tested out the code thing with the frozen characters and, having successfully made Elsa spell out the word POO, I feel this is indeed a suitable activity for my nieces to try.

Moderator of "Romantic and Sexual Relationships"

http://uristmcdorf.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nonA Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:23 am

Someone needs to either defang the redpill term "tingles", or make up another one to take its place. Because there are plenty of times I want a convenient shorthand for "people go for what they go for, regardless of what they say or even what they'd like to think", but the origins and current use of the word makes me feel a little skeevy using it in front of ... well, anybody.

nonA

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:05 pm

"Pantsfeels" is the CA term, though your usage may be broader than that.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by nonA Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:43 pm

Every time I've heard "pantsfeels", it has an element of acknowledgement. "Tingles" is more like the guy who's put a lot of work into convincing himself that he loves the ladies, and has even somewhat succeeded, but who still goes to dudeswithhugecocks.com on a regular basis.

nonA

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:50 pm

Tingles sounds neutral enough to anyone not already intimately familiar with TRP philosophy(I love looking up weird dating guru lexicons and I was unfamiliar with the term). Besides, even the Doc uses a lot of shorthand PUA terminology: anyone who takes offense at the origin will probably already take offense to the concept itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:11 pm

I like pantsfeels more. Up until now I had never heard of tingles.

Anyway, I looooooove oxtail dumplings and soft boiled eggs. Soo good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:14 am

How do you make peace with the realization that there probably is a cap on how much you can change/improve yourself?

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:47 am

If you didn't call my name or ask me a question, why would I say 'yes' to cue you to repeat your statement? If you're asking me a question in a situation where there's a chance I didn't hear you correctly/completely, why would I just respond with 'yes' to imply I did not hear everything you said and would like you to repeat it, or indicate that I am acknowledging you called me so that you can ask/state whatever it is you wanted to direct at me? Wouldn't that cause unnecessary misunderstanding when you think I'm saying yes to whatever you're asking me only to find out later on that I was just responding with yes to get you to repeat what you said?
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:32 pm

I want to headbutt someone over a hat. Impotent rage is a bad thing if it doesn't result in actual consequences.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:59 am

I don't know how pregnant ladies do it. I keep thinking that their bellies are gonna pop at the slightest agitation and so there should be like, a SWAT team or a group of security personnel to clear a path.

Also, how do heavily-pregnant women actually see where they're taking a step?

I want to know what the neurological (genetic?) differences are in people who can tolerate or even enjoy horror movies on par with the Exorcist etc.

I have vague memories of watching these movies as a kid (they're all American IIRC):

a) A group of people who're trapped in a house filled with killer feral cats á la Arachnophobia.
b) A monster movie about a komodo dragon-esque creature that awakes after invoking some kind of ancient (Mayan?) curse.
c) A movie about a disembodied hand that kills people.
d) An undersea exploration team locates a cavern where the crew members get killed by the creatures they find. One of the crew members die from a metastasizing fungus/virus.
e) A 'Book of Revelations' movie/documentary that looks at the end of days and the coming of the Biblical horned beasts.

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:37 pm

I suddenly want to take down that awful wallpaper in my room and put up something nicer. I suspect I have no idea what I'm doing.
Why is choosing a wallpaper making me so anxious??
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:35 pm

It's amazing how many folks come up with ideas to add to a game and then submit those ideas to the developer(s) before asking themselves "Would this actually work without being incredibly overpowered, underpowered or generally unfitting? And if so, how?" These same people then give the most useless feedback on other people's ideas. If it isn't "This is awesome!" or "This sucks!", it's "I think it should do what my idea does."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:36 pm

I got 3DSMax 2015 and Maya 2015.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:50 am

I wonder why people comment on posts that are months or even years old with no active discussion  confused
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:21 pm

Looking at the competition on OKC has been heartening. I'm about average in the looks/interesting pics department, and the better-looking dudes sound rather bland in their profiles.

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:29 pm

There is a part of me that thinks, a part of me that sees, a part of me that hears, a part of me that feels, a part of me that remembers, and a part of me that chooses. Are they all the same? Do they depend on each other? Are they inseparable from my physical form? Is it possible that I could still be "me" if I were somebody else? Can I be somebody else?

Can I be somebody else, please?
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:41 pm

nearly_takuan wrote:

Can I be somebody else, please?

Not tryna be mean, but Can I be a dog? This whole human thing ain't workin' out too well. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by KMR Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:00 pm

As I get older, I find myself gradually coming to understand and/or having to remind myself of the following things, with regard to emotional reactions:

1) Yes, I do in fact have normal human emotions. Because, you know... I'm human. Which in turn means both that A) I should not be ashamed of having some of them and B) I should not suddenly fear that I don't have the capacity for some emotion at all just because I occasionally don't happen experience X emotion at Y time.

2) Sometimes the interpretations formed by the intellectual part of my brain and the emotional part of my brain do not match and that is OKAY.

3) When the intellectual and emotional parts of my brain don't match, it's actually really important to acknowledge the emotional reaction and focus on that, rather than to just dismiss it by saying, "There's no reason for you to be upset right now, stop it, what is wrong with you?"

4) Amazingly enough, telling yourself to stop feeling an unwanted emotion doesn't actually make it stop. Go figure.
KMR
KMR

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:44 pm

Gaiandu the Necron
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:47 pm

Imagine the real life applications of an Eagle Vision.

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:09 am

HermitTheToad wrote:Imagine the real life applications of an Eagle Vision.
Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 7 1995_Vision_TSi_sedan
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:37 am

I think I just lost my driving practice facilitator to a second job, leaving me almost back at Square One. What am I supposed to do when the only person with access to a car (who isn't busy) refuses to take me out because they're so sure I'm going to have an accident?
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum