Ajin: Demi-Human

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ajin: Demi-Human

Post by Werel on Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:37 pm

Gomen y'all I’m late to the party as always

s2e11:

-“Evacuate an island nation of 300 million in 3 days or else” okay good luck with that Satou innocent
-Hooray, Tanaka-Satou rift begins forming!
-“All I care about is excitement.” Who is surprised? Shudder
-Kind of glad to add Okuyama and Co to Team Tosaki, party cohesion at least
-Kei suddenly cares about sister? Nah, what’s his angle here?
-KAI OH SHIT Shiny/thrilled
-Angel ghost is pretty ridiculously Hot Topic.
-Tanaka makes a good point with Satou orchestrating the desertion for maximum challenge/excitement
-Kei’s motives are so opaque and malleable at this point I’ve sort of stopped caring about them :-/
-Dumbthoughts: every time they say “SDF” I just think “homeless” which is what it means in French, so Satou is occupying a homeless base
-KABOOM, there goes the homeless base

s2e12:

-Vaguely surprised that long-distance slaughter isn’t fun to Satou despite not being a challenge, but I guess he really is only interested in hard mode
-“No need to be on your guard, this isn’t a trap.” Yes, those are words you should ever believe under any circumstances
-“It’s like my own personal harem.” THIS GUY. rofl
-Love Okuyama this episode. “You play because stomping turtles is fun.” Finally, people are starting to understand the crystalline simplicity of the manbaby terrorist mindset
-The delicious irony of the immortal thinking the second playthrough is the best part… because the fortieth playthrough is gonna be boring as heck
-Laughing Neither Satou nor Kai allowing each other to finish their supervillain monologues, Satou wigging out about it
-Satou is a much more fun character the more petulant and pissy he gets.

s2e13:

-Whatshisface is a secret human? Good reveal, good suicide.
-Dobby Izumi is free Happy tears
-Good save, toddler ghost
-MANY TODDLER GHOSTS?!?! Shiny/thrilled
-Oh shiiiiiiiiit that flood was very cool Shiny/thrilled
-And yeah, Toddler Ghost still having to pee... rofl
-I wanted to see more of NewGame+ Satou, what if he were all amiable and benign and creepy Sad
-Oh good! More NewGame+ Satou!
-And he is exactly the same, it seems, so all the decapitation threats were completely idle and pointless and there were never any stakes at all! Grin
-Uh, how did he blow up this plane? Did he send his ghost out to the wing to mess with the engine Twilight Zone-style  confused
-Oh good leaving the door open for season 3 complete with heroic group shot

So many "but wait, what was the deal with that character" loose ends... is there a season 3 planned?
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:46 am

I doubt it. I think this season was just the third movie of the trilogy chopped up into episodes (and maybe with extra stuff added to extend it).
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:33 pm

Sad

That's too bad. Really would have liked to know more about what was up with
Spoiler:
angel ghost dude. And what happens to Tosaki's fiancée? And what does Izumi do with her freedom, or does she just keep working for Tosaki? And does Kei maintain his carebear status even out of crisis mode? And does Ogura finally switch to vaping? And...

Definitely feels like a show cancelled before they were done with it, but if they were just stretching a movie/making stuff up as they went cause they ran out of manga, that might also explain why the pace/arc felt a little off this season.
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:58 pm

Spoiler:
Izumi definitely keeps working for Tosaki, loyalty is pretty much her defining characteristic. Ogura never switches to vaping. But yeah, it drives me crazy that we don't get to know what's up with the angel ghost, especially since there was barely any payoff to his presence. You can't just drop in something like that and then leave!
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:28 pm

Spoiler:

Enail wrote:Izumi definitely keeps working for Tosaki, loyalty is pretty much her defining characteristic.
True. Wonder if she ever goes and gets the key to that safety deposit box, though. silent

Enail wrote: Ogura never switches to vaping.
On the last day those cigarettes exist, he's sitting there with the final pack ever manufactured, and a vape scientist tells him "stop! just save ONE cigarette, and we can recreate a perfect vape simulation of the taste!" He lights the last one then and there.  
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:56 pm

rofl
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:38 pm

Werel wrote:
Definitely feels like a show cancelled before they were done with it, but if they were just stretching a movie/making stuff up as they went cause they ran out of manga, that might also explain why the pace/arc felt a little off this season.

Most of this season was apparently original content, I don't even know if the angel guy is in the manga or not silent
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum