NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rants

+51
Enail
Suika
dustyteal
readertorider
trooper6
PintsizeBro
Raindancing
Prajnaparamita
Gman
TheRoux
BasedBuzzed
LadyIkaros
Caffeinated
KMR
OneTrueGuest
Coin-op Adjutant
Spiffo
WJMorris3
kath
username_6916
kleenestar
Izmuth
Kaz
reboot
SadisticToaster
Barretts_Salt
Hirundo Bos
Jayce
Xexyz
nonA
BiSian
celette482
Robjection
azazel
Conreezy
Werel
sky
Mel
nearly_takuan
Wondering
caliseivy
waxingjaney
Lemminkainen
reboundstudent
IntelligentDice
Gentleman Johnny
Gamerz
UristMcBunny
concentus
eselle28
fakely mctest
55 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Rants - Page 13 Empty Re: Rants

Post by BasedBuzzed Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:06 pm

You don't care about the tools, you care about the paradigm they're used in. This is why I will not give a meaningful inch to you, not because I'm afraid it's some zero-sum game, but because you will never ever be satisfied. You don't hold up to scrutiny when the same toybox is turned on you and that insight makes this utterly clinical, not a moral quandary but a simple contest of ego depletion. Too bad I actually know how to make these arguments entertaining for myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:46 pm

Dear SO's mom,

Given the way you treated him and the shit you did to him as a kid, you clearly were not remotely interested in being a parent. Now that he's a grown-ass adult with his own life a million miles away from you, you think you're owed his affection or even civility? It turns my stomach to see you demanding hugs and fishing for his approval like a goddamn schoolchild, all because you suddenly decided "mother" was a nice identity to latch onto. Stop implying a nonexistent intimacy. It makes me want to puke. And calling him your "baby boy" is just goddamn creepy of you. You're a creep, you're a shit excuse for a parent, and I hate every second I'm around you.

Fuck you,
Werel
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by reboundstudent Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:37 pm

I really hate one of my classes this year. It's not a useless class, but Systems Analyst and Project Management is just one of those things I can't seem to wrap my head around. It doesn't help that any of the employed developers I have talked to think my associate's is pretty much worthless, because of the way they've chosen to structure classes (instead of teaching theory and logic, teaching specific languages and broad overview instead.) Well, good thing I didn't apply to the SPA (Software Product Analyst) job like my coworkers were bugging me to; if this was my full time job I think I'd shoot myself from frustration.
reboundstudent
reboundstudent

Back to top Go down

Post by azazel Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:01 am

The Mikey wrote:
Ohhh, is this like a public health clinic? Well, regardless, usually it's a good idea to be very detailed in the problem, plus a good doctor would ask as many questions as he can to get as much info out of you as possible to help you.

I understand how it could be a little uncomfortable to have a female physician though. When I was 19, for a volunteer gig I needed to get a physical, the physician was older Asian woman, talk about awwwkward.

I *was* pretty detailed, at which he didn't feel the need to actually look, but just said that it probably was normal unless it wasn't and would make me infertile.
But yeah, I only switched doctor's practices because I moved, and I've got to say this one sucks.

ME ON THE TELEPHONE: Hello, I'd like to make an appointment
THEY: Name and date of birth please?
ME: [Manly name] and [X]
THEY: Hmmm I can't find you in the system.
ME: That's odd, I've made appointments before, I've got to be in there.
THEY: Well, I've got a [Manly name] that's born on [X] here, but that's a man.
ME: ...

And another time:
*le me makes an appointment to try out antidepressants and goes to the doctor's office*
ME: Hello, I've got an appointment at X!
THEY: Wow, you're cheerful, considering.
ME: ...

azazel

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:04 pm

Holy shit, neighbor. As you appear to be about 20 years old, I gather that this might be your first time living away from your parents' house. But "Oh, it's just my alarm clock, and on days when I don't actually have to get up sometimes I like to stay in bed and listen to the music." is not an acceptable excuse for blaring music for an hour every weekend and holiday morning before 10:00 AM. Neither is "No one's ever cared before." Your relatives are used to your bullshit and have some incentive to put up with it. No one else does.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:09 pm

You waited all this time to inform me that the pathetic little cycle I use in my room is actually noisy to everyone below me, so now I can't use it because I'm insecure.
What am I supposed to do for exercise now, going to a gym isn't an option and neither is most other equipment.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:18 pm

I'm such a bloody bag of nerves sometimes. I lost my public transport pass dealio this morning and almost had a panic attack when I couldn't find it. Changing work schedules, changing SLAs, changing public transport schedules.

Man does change really throw me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coin-op Adjutant Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:45 pm

The next time I hear/read "fake it until you make it" I swear I will punch a hole through the closest wall.

That mess is so played out it's not even remotely funny anymore.
Coin-op Adjutant
Coin-op Adjutant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:47 am

Dating sucks, yet here I am still working on it.

Why are you doing this to yourself?!

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:13 pm

I hate annual reporting season. It would help if I actually organized my emails each day but no, that would be too easy.
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Conreezy Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:00 am

I don't like being the non-working, stay at home spouse.

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:46 pm

Dear body,

I know I have not been as kind to you as I could have over the years but could we please rethink this whole potentially cancerous ovarian cyst dealio? It is not that I am so attached to my ovaries that I would really morn one if it was gone but I do not have time or money for surgery right now. Could you just reabsorb this thing? I promise to be nicer to you for the rest of the time we are together.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Reboot
reboot
reboot

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:54 pm

reboot wrote:Dear body,

I know I have not been as kind to you as I could have over the years but could we please rethink this whole potentially cancerous ovarian cyst dealio? It is not that I am so attached to my ovaries that I would really morn one if it was gone but I do not have time or money for surgery right now. Could you just reabsorb this thing? I promise to be nicer to you for the rest of the time we are together.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Reboot

Sending positive thoughts toward your body on your behalf.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:11 pm

Lots of good thoughts to you, Reboot. Be well, body and the rest of Reboot both.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:42 pm

I'm probably out of line here but I was supposed to have a date with a nice young lady and she cancelled on me. Now I'm ticked. And this isn't even the same lady as before. All I can conclude is it's somehow my fault because there's a common denominator here and that's me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:23 pm

Damn, Reboot's ovaries, back off. Behave and leave her alone. Neutral Sending good vibes your way.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:29 pm

Thanks enail, eselle and werel! Good thoughts appreciated and memo sent to body.

It would not be so bad if I had the $5000 deductible to cover the surgery because then I could just get it removed now. Unfortunately I do not have the money, so have to save up while waiting to see if this thing hangs out or gets worse. Hopefully it will not get worse before I have the money for surgery!

reboot
reboot

Back to top Go down

Post by OneTrueGuest Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:33 pm

I am so tired of my gender being considered evil.  I am so tired of people blaming feminism for all the ills in the world.  I am so tired of being considered someone who is a woman first person second.  I'm exhausted by it.  And I'm really really tired of trying to offer possibly some hope and some insight to those who obviously hate everything about me.  I get burned every time. I'm a fool.  And I'm tired of being a fool.

Also I was scammed on etsy and that makes me sad because I love etsy so much.  It wasn't a lot of money but man, so tired of so much unkindness everywhere.

OneTrueGuest

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:52 pm

OneTrueGuest wrote:I am so tired of my gender being considered evil.  I am so tired of people blaming feminism for all the ills in the world.
Glad it's not just me. Sometimes I just want to respond with "F*** YOU!" but that's never a good idea.

I'm moving beyond indifference of the holidays, to dislike. I don't want to go to the community party, I don't know any of those people and I don't dance. I don't want to go to the staff party because I have zero interest in being at a party especially if I'm required to bring something to it which means I have to figure something out when I don't know what anyone else is bringing and make sure I pick it up on one of my rare days to get to the store, before next Wednesday.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:03 pm

Yeah, I haven't called you in awhile. The last time we spoke, you asked a bunch of prying questions about my finances, and all of your Facebook updates for the last month have been various forms of bragging or complain-bragging about how warm the weather is where you are now. Communication is a two-way street, and I'm not interested in attempting it with you if it's going to result in arguing, guilt trips, or simply misguided attempts to make me envious.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:08 pm

OneTrueGuest wrote:I am so tired of my gender being considered evil.  I am so tired of people blaming feminism for all the ills in the world.  I am so tired of being considered someone who is a woman first person second.  I'm exhausted by it.  And I'm really really tired of trying to offer possibly some hope and some insight to those who obviously hate everything about me. I get burned every time.  I'm a fool.  And I'm tired of being a fool.

Not every time.

There's a Facebook group for "asexual singles" with a little under 700 members worldwide. There is, however, no good honest way to join the group without "coming out" to everyone on my contacts list—including enough of my family that it'd be my entire family, and certain friends who would make sure it's my entire friends. Not sure I'm ready for that yet.

Maybe I'm just weird, but I kind of think if you send me an email at 8:20 am and I get my reply out at 8:25 am, and we're talking about something really simple and straightforward like a phone interview, you might be able to get back to me without waiting an additional two days.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by OneTrueGuest Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:15 pm

nearly_takuan wrote:
OneTrueGuest wrote:I am so tired of my gender being considered evil.  I am so tired of people blaming feminism for all the ills in the world.  I am so tired of being considered someone who is a woman first person second.  I'm exhausted by it.  And I'm really really tired of trying to offer possibly some hope and some insight to those who obviously hate everything about me. I get burned every time.  I'm a fool.  And I'm tired of being a fool.

Not every time.

True Smile . Just got on The Mikey about absolutism, and you're right to get on me about it too, thanks. I just . . . right now it feels like it happens a lot. And I feel stupid that I keep trying because inevitably it happens and I feel so dumb and you know that saying that the definition of crazy is doing the same thing expecting different results? I need to stop trying with a certain kind of human I think. But that also makes me sad. I'm just feeling sad.

OneTrueGuest

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:22 pm

I think I was wrong to claim we don't have the same set of problems, since it sounds like you're feeling frustrated about an exercise in futility.

FWIW, I am kicking myself for not recognizing earlier that a lot of that person's comments were not being made in good faith. Dude was saying a lot of things that made sense / resonated, so I guess I overlooked things that maybe should have been warning signs.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by OneTrueGuest Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:33 pm

Not entirely sure if you are responding to me or just ranting on your own, but what you are saying does resonate with my situation so all I'm going to say is I keep getting tricked that people are being reasonable and since I totally know where a lot of people are coming from having gone through very similar things myself, I tend to trust with good faith. I think I have to start not being as trusting. Which ugh, I so don't want to do. But I feel like I keep getting burned both on the main site and here. But then I think maybe it's my fault, I'm not articulating things clearly enough, I'm coming across too harsh or something. Even when I'm just trying to respond in a similar tone to the person.

Ah well. Gonna go live in the offline world for the next several hours, that'll definitely help. Smile

OneTrueGuest

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:41 pm

Oh, hah. Yeah, that last post was definitely directed at you. Razz
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down