NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rants

+51
Enail
Suika
dustyteal
readertorider
trooper6
PintsizeBro
Raindancing
Prajnaparamita
Gman
TheRoux
BasedBuzzed
LadyIkaros
Caffeinated
KMR
OneTrueGuest
Coin-op Adjutant
Spiffo
WJMorris3
kath
username_6916
kleenestar
Izmuth
Kaz
reboot
SadisticToaster
Barretts_Salt
Hirundo Bos
Jayce
Xexyz
nonA
BiSian
celette482
Robjection
azazel
Conreezy
Werel
sky
Mel
nearly_takuan
Wondering
caliseivy
waxingjaney
Lemminkainen
reboundstudent
IntelligentDice
Gentleman Johnny
Gamerz
UristMcBunny
concentus
eselle28
fakely mctest
55 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Rants - Page 26 Empty Re: Rants

Post by WJMorris3 Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:28 pm

Dear friends,

No, I don't need to "get laid". If I were to have sex with a woman, it'd go against everything I stand for as a gentleman. Besides, I know better.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:36 pm

Gah! Hypochondria please settle down, thanks.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:37 am

Why do so many women have to lie about their age on OLD sites? Come on, people! I worked the Guess Your Age And Weight game at the carnival. Yes, people age differently but you are NOT 28! So now I have to widen my lower end age range then backfill to remove the ones telling the truth. I probably never would have thought to do it if one of my friends didn't outright tell me she shaved ten years off her age. Once I started looking, though. . .do guys really search so much younger that this is a necessary move?

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:38 am

Gentleman Johnny wrote:Why do so many women have to lie about their age on OLD sites? Come on, people! I worked the Guess Your Age And Weight game at the carnival. Yes, people age differently but you are NOT 28! So now I have to widen my lower end age range then backfill to remove the ones telling the truth. I probably never would have thought to do it if one of my friends didn't outright tell me she shaved ten years off her age. Once I started looking, though. . .do guys really search so much younger that this is a necessary move?

Related: I found my roommate's profile the other day. He is definitely not six feet tall.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by OneTrueGuest Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:41 am

GJ - I think many do yes. Also when you're a woman and constantly reminded of your shelf life, well . . . regardless that does sound frustrating. But please try a little empathy towards the women who do it. It isn't vanity. It's fear.

Me: feeling all the feels about my career(s) again today. Tired of feeling like this. Could use a break.

OneTrueGuest

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:13 am

OTG, I know. Like I said, my friend made it pretty clear that a lot of guys in our age range (within a couple of years of 40) who are in good physical shape don't look for anyone over 25, let alone 30. I totally understand, which is why its in Rants not in How Do We Solve This. If I didn't have some empathy I'd just leave my settings in a way that excludes them.

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by OneTrueGuest Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:41 pm

GJ - oh okay cool! I guess I got confused because you asked why and seemed truly not to believe that women really did meet men who looked for much younger women on dating sites. I see now it was a rhetorical device Smile . Apologies.

OneTrueGuest

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:38 pm

nearly_takuan wrote:
Gentleman Johnny wrote:Why do so many women have to lie about their age on OLD sites? Come on, people! I worked the Guess Your Age And Weight game at the carnival. Yes, people age differently but you are NOT 28! So now I have to widen my lower end age range then backfill to remove the ones telling the truth. I probably never would have thought to do it if one of my friends didn't outright tell me she shaved ten years off her age. Once I started looking, though. . .do guys really search so much younger that this is a necessary move?

Related: I found my roommate's profile the other day. He is definitely not six feet tall.

Sounds like the argument I had with one of our kids. He isn't six feet tall. We settled for 5'11".

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:38 pm

He's more like five foot eight or maybe nine, is the thing. Same height as me; his arms just reach a little farther.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:55 pm

Dad, light teasing is not verbal abuse. If I raise my voice a little in annoyance, I'm not about to emotionally explode. Instead of acting like everybody else is crazy and emotionally unstable, maybe you should learn some self awareness?
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:29 am

Aaaaaand, apologies for the double rant, but I just found out that my brother's girlfriend of 2.5 years, his first girlfriend, just broke up with him out of the blue. Poor guy Sad
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by azazel Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:44 am

So, you know I'm terminally single.

You still think it's a good idea to confess how you've been cheating on your (now ex) girlfriend while you were abroad?

And of course I'm too much of a chicken shit to admit how morally reprehensible I think cheating is.

At least I managed to make clear that A) You should never confess to me while you're in a relationship (with a strong hint of "you know what my conscience would make me do"), B) I said I hoped you wore a condom (which you did! yay!), C) I think I also insinuated that you should just discuss with your GF that it's hard being seperated and to ask/give each other permission to sleep around while seperated, but I'm not sure because we were both drunk at this time.

Still, I'm disappointed and kind of angry at you that you didn't just break up with her or stayed celibate for that time, and disappointed and angry at myself that I didn't express these feelings because I'm always Nice!Azazel IRL.

Fuuuuuuuck

azazel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRoux Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:45 pm

Damn you Doctor Who!! Damn you!! Why did you have to be so good... Like a bag of chips, one episode isn't enough... You had to make me push back my bed time... a sunday night... working the next day... Damn yooooooooooooouuuuuuu!!

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:48 pm

The biggest problem with getting old is achy body parts. I completely formed up my shoulder during the move and it hurts so much that I want to: 1) puke; 2) cry; 3) both.
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:32 pm

I'm just not feeling it today.
All I can do is eye my textbook, not even open it to begin reading the upcoming chapter No
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by InkAndComb Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:43 pm

I understand why they ask this.  This is protocol, I get it. HOWEVER.

Having severe MDD, Anxiety, and ADHD, I am so tired of being asked when I go into the dr's office "Do you EVER have thoughts about suicide, self harm, or wish you could die? Lack of appetite? Hard time sleeping? Hard time focusing?"

And then after all this, when I finally tell them the medications I need, the shut down towards the ADHD or fast acting anxiety.  "We will need additional proof of testing for these, we can't just GIVE them out"
"Well yes, of course"
"We would PREFER not to prescribe this"
"well, it's my prescription, I"m just trying to go through the school now"
"It would be EASIER if you had bipolar"
"...but I don't..."
"Well, sometimes DEPRESSION and ANXIETY and ADHD MIMIC this.  What if you have something else?"
".....*leaves*"
InkAndComb
InkAndComb

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:56 pm

<mod> Hey folks, looks like the vaccine chat has legs, so I'm going to split it off into its own thread.</mod>

ETA: New thread here! (Wondering, I was tempted to title it "fucking anti-vaxxers" but restrained myself Razz)
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:10 pm

Aw, rats! Wink

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:41 pm

It's possible to modify the title of a thread, if you're the one who made the first post in it. Just saying.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:28 am

I still can't do it.

Spoiler:

Ugh. I m getting tired of this! Wtf am I doing wrong!? Why do I feel this way? Why am I afraid of romantic rejection so bad? Why do I have so much trouble expressing my attraction to somebody?

Why dammit!? -sigh-

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:18 pm

I guess it's my fate to simultaneously crave and hate attention and intimacy. To desire and also despise wanting to be found beautiful. I see my sisters and friends in relationships or married or discuss guys that are interested in them and who they are attracted to. I sometimes feel envious and then annoyed by the envy because I know what attraction and attention and relationships can bring and how difficult and inconvenient they could be for me right now.
I am constantly reminded of how I can't be found attractive because I can't fit defined standards, and informed that I should rebel against those narrow views because I can work on myself and still be attractive without fitting in those standards, but sometimes no amount of rebelling or fighting back can protect me from the feelings of inadequacy when I see myself in the mirror. Then the feelings bring about the craving and hating of attention and intimacy all over again in an exhausting cycle.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by reboundstudent Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:04 pm

It continues to frustrate and bewilder me how impossible it is to find an affordable rental that allows dogs.
reboundstudent
reboundstudent

Back to top Go down

Post by InkAndComb Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:07 pm

Me hating the song "Jealous" does not mean that I'm 'above the feeling of jealousy'. Me saying "It's ok to have feelings but not to inflict them on your partner" does not mean I 'think that jealousy is stupid and people who get it are stupid,". Me saying "Well yes, many people get jealous, but if you can't honestly go out without your sigfig and handle someone else looking at her or interacting with her, there are bigger issues at hand" is not the same as "UGH JEALOUS PEOPLE ARE BAD PEOPLE AND I AM AWESOME BECAUSE I AM NEVER JEALOUS"

It's a bad song, nobody has the right to be hellish to their sigfigs because they're jealous, and I don't have to defend the fact that I"m ok with other people looking at my boyfriend's butt without getting up in arms.
InkAndComb
InkAndComb

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:26 pm

I have my 1099 form now, which means there's no good reason not to do my taxes. Well, except for the fact that I hate doing my taxes and I always end up having to pay in instead of getting a return. This year will be even more a tangle than my usual business stuff since I sold both my house and my car.

Sometimes I wish I knew Calming Manatee in real life.

Rants - Page 26 Manatee25
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:34 am

I really wish I could predict what days I feel good about my appearance. It would be useful, to say the least.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum