NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rants

+51
Enail
Suika
dustyteal
readertorider
trooper6
PintsizeBro
Raindancing
Prajnaparamita
Gman
TheRoux
BasedBuzzed
LadyIkaros
Caffeinated
KMR
OneTrueGuest
Coin-op Adjutant
Spiffo
WJMorris3
kath
username_6916
kleenestar
Izmuth
Kaz
reboot
SadisticToaster
Barretts_Salt
Hirundo Bos
Jayce
Xexyz
nonA
BiSian
celette482
Robjection
azazel
Conreezy
Werel
sky
Mel
nearly_takuan
Wondering
caliseivy
waxingjaney
Lemminkainen
reboundstudent
IntelligentDice
Gentleman Johnny
Gamerz
UristMcBunny
concentus
eselle28
fakely mctest
55 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Rants - Page 27 Empty Re: Rants

Post by Guest Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:07 am

eselle28 wrote:I have my 1099 form now, which means there's no good reason not to do my taxes. Well, except for the fact that I hate doing my taxes and I always end up having to pay in instead of getting a return. This year will be even more a tangle than my usual business stuff since I sold both my house and my car.

Sometimes I wish I knew Calming Manatee in real life.

I got my 1099-Misc this past week. God help me. Uh-oh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:18 pm

Brother, you gotta bad case of oneitis. Too bad you won't listen to me about it.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:29 pm

I guess I'm pretty frequently peeved that I thought X was important in high school / college and then it turned out not to be, or vice versa. Right now that is mostly directed at the concept of learning how to drive a motorized vehicle.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:49 pm

I went through all the hard work of making this short essay as perfect as possible to get maximum points and not accidentally plagiarize, and when I submit it the system says I'm over the limit for plagiarism which after the deadline will deduct an automatic 5 points from my score...But your system states all of my plagiarized information is from citing my sources on the works cited page! It's especially ridiculous since you gave everyone the same sources for this essay. Of course there are going to be matches.
Of course you address the issue of not being able to resubmit like we're allowed, but not the major issue of the automatic point deductions for something I can't fix Disapproving
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Prajnaparamita Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:44 pm

You know, my problem isn’t that when I entered every single male in the store stopped to turn and glare at me, and continued to do so every time I looked in their direction. (Hey man, its okay… No need to look up from that pile of MTG cards you’re sorting through over there, I haven’t moved, hands where you can see them…)

No, my problem is that you told me that you can’t get any of the books I’m looking for and I should just go on Amazon instead. Oh, but mayyyybeee you can get that first volume of the new Ms. Marvel for me, it will just take you a few weeks.

I’m sorry mister, but this is not a comic book shop you are running here. This is fucking bullshit.

(Especially as I had such magical memories of coming here as a kid…)
Prajnaparamita
Prajnaparamita

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:58 am

Dear mom,

You mentioned a coworker of yours who is single and my age. And you say this might not work because of her very Catholic beliefs, as in don't expect anything to happen before you're married.

Um, that's the whole point. And yet, when I say that nothing was going to happen even after I'm married, you told me that I'd be wiser not to marry.

Ugh. If I had sex, that would mean I'm no longer a Christian gentleman and there's no way I'd do anything to jeopardize that status.

Back to top Go down

Post by UristMcBunny Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:56 am

Sigh. There isn't a cinema within an hour of me that's showing Jupiter Ascending. It looks so fun and campy! Why can't I have fun and campy?

Moderator of "Romantic and Sexual Relationships"

http://uristmcdorf.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:44 pm

I'm always surprised at how even very high brow and well educated social conservatives seem to think Victorian/pre-war 20th cebitry sexual morality is the way things have always been and represents truths about sexuality (men are aggressive and dishonorable and must be controlled sexually) that have been ignored, and that modern sexual mores are some dramatic historical abberation, when in fact one could argue that the victorian era was the abberation.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:37 pm

I need to buy both a new computer and a new bed. The bed especially, is necessary before it collapses under me, but I'm still apprehensive of making such large purchases and the stress finding the right one and getting the right one moved in will bring.
My exhaustion from lack of adequate sleep should be a motivator, but it's not.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:23 pm

Prajnaparamita wrote:You know, my problem isn’t that when I entered every single male in the store stopped to turn and glare at me, and continued to do so every time I looked in their direction. (Hey man, its okay… No need to look up from that pile of MTG cards you’re sorting through over there, I haven’t moved, hands where you can see them…)

No, my problem is that you told me that you can’t get any of the books I’m looking for and I should just go on Amazon instead. Oh, but mayyyybeee you can get that first volume of the new Ms. Marvel for me, it will just take you a few weeks.

I’m sorry mister, but this is not a comic book shop you are running here. This is fucking bullshit.

Wow. . .just wow. . .

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by Prajnaparamita Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:58 pm

Gentleman Johnny wrote:
Prajnaparamita wrote:You know, my problem isn’t that when I entered every single male in the store stopped to turn and glare at me, and continued to do so every time I looked in their direction. (Hey man, its okay… No need to look up from that pile of MTG cards you’re sorting through over there, I haven’t moved, hands where you can see them…)

Wow. . .just wow. . .

Hey mister, I hope you're enjoying that "still staying in business" thing you're doing right now. Cuz... I dunno how much longer that's gonna be happening.

(I really hope nobody thinks I'm bashing comic book stores or saying they're all awful here, I don't believe that at all, I think they're often wonderful pillars of the nerd community. Its just my local one seems to have become incredibly shitty.)
Prajnaparamita
Prajnaparamita

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:41 pm

Don't think that at all. Its more that I know so many women friendly ones that I am amazed places like that stay in business.

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:37 pm

Man, I'm fucking pathetic sometimes. I have to make one stupid phonecall and it's driving me up the damn wall with inane fear.

I hate fucking phones in can't understand people through them at all with their shitty tinny sound And I have to ask people to repeat themselves over and over which makes me forget what I need to say and fuck everything up.

I'm supposed to be able to do this and I just fucking cannot without stressing myself out to the point of not even eating. I've already put this off for 4 days. I'm fucking hopeless.

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:53 pm

MapWater wrote: I hate fucking phones in can't understand people through them at all with their shitty tinny sound And I have to ask people to repeat themselves over and over which makes me forget what I need to say and fuck everything up.

I know you didn't ask for advice, and this thread is for posting random thoughts, but have you thought about a pair of earbuds? I have the same issues with phones so I usually have to plug a pair in and just use the mic to talk. It helps everything become clearer for me.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:09 pm

I'm not sure if the cute lady I kept making eye contact with in class today was flirting or creeped out Uh-oh

ETA: Logs on to OKC for the first time in weeks, sees 1 new message! cheers Oh wait, it's from the OKC staff, NVM Sad
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:38 pm

caliseivy wrote:
MapWater wrote: I hate fucking phones in can't understand people through them at all with their shitty tinny sound And I have to ask people to repeat themselves over and over which makes me forget what I need to say and fuck everything up.

I know you didn't ask for advice, and this thread is for posting random thoughts, but have you thought about a pair of earbuds? I have the same issues with phones so I usually have to plug a pair in and just use the mic to talk. It helps everything become clearer for me.

That was good advice, thanks! It helped a lot.

Also, new phone rant: I loathe being put on hold. Not because I have to wait, that's fine. No, I hate calling a number and already being terrible on the phone and having to sit and wait until someone jumps on the line on the other end. It's terrifying.

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:19 pm

No, Older Gentleman in Front of Me in the Checkout Line at Wal-Mart, I didn't clear my throat loudly at you because "young people" are so impatient these days. I cleared my throat because I was tired of watching you taking pictures of the woman in front of you when she bent over to pay attention to her kid.

Well, and also because I was impatient. If you're young at heart enough to have a smartphone, you're young at heart enough to know when it's time to start loading your groceries.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:40 pm

For ten glorious hours I had better things to do than think about any of this shit. Wish it wasn't against policy to sleep at the office.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:58 am

I get that you're dealing with unpleasant personal stuff professor, but the condescending mass email you sent to the class clarifying the paper's deadline and class cancellations was--while admittedly witty and a bit funny--also unprofessional. You should realize that it was your poor communication with the class about deadlines and class cancellations that lead to the constant steam of emails you were complaining about, and you shouldn't mask that by trying to humorously shift the blame to us.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:28 am

You'd think that people would have had enough of silly love songs,
But when I need groceries on the second week of February, I plainly observe: it isn't so.
Some people want to fill the world with silly love songs,
And it still hasn't gotten any easier to tune it all out.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:49 pm

Cox Cable is such a pain in the ass with their fucking password requirements, holy shit.

Add insult to injury they straight up LIED to my mom about getting AMC and VH1 and FX and stuff. Which is fine, I just want to watch the Simpsons on FXNOW instead of that god-awful Hulu.

That is if Cox lets me authenticate my fucking account.

Rants - Page 27 1728-vladimir-putin-you-serious

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:13 pm

If someone wants to change the way you feel, the way you live, what you laugh about, what you care about, your hobbies, your aspirations, your friends, down to the very manner in which your thoughts are wired....all because of nebulous theories of harmful programming...why the hell would the response be anything else but tell you to fuck off back to your own tribal circle? What the hell were you expecting with your preachy, smug attitude of supposedly progressive paeans, devoid of any shred of self-examination? Do you honestly think this is new to me?

You're an accelerant, a living caricature of everything going bananas across the pond, an emotional vampire masquerading under the guise of a concerned individual. If you pattern-match gaslighting, creationist arguing techniques and that same tone the pestering kids in high school had all in one convo, I'll gladly trust my instinct, and I'll steel anyone I know against your useless rhetoric. Stay the fuck away from me forever.

Yes, I platinum mad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:28 pm

PSA: if a woman has a few chats with you along the lines of "sure, if you're ever in town it'd be cool to meet up" that then peters out into nothing, including no responses to a couple of testing messages, then eventually disables her profile, the appropriate response is not to track her down on Facebook when she's never given any alternate contact info to you.

Jesus Christ on a cracker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:45 pm

Oh, Cox, you guys live by your fucking names. >:I

My mother said DON'T add the extra goddamn package!!

Back to top Go down

Post by BiSian Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:00 pm

Oh friend, why do you have to act like such a jackass? I am leaving the country in less than a week, gonna be gone for at least a year. And you've been avoiding me for the past couple weeks. For added fun, when I asked what was going on, you completely denied having avoided me, while refusing to meet up in person! Argh!
I am leaving on Tuesday. I have less than zero time to play middle schooler games (being as you're almost 40 I really don't think you should be playing such games either). So fine, I guess I won't see you before I leave. This really hurts and I'm not going to forget it.
Here's hopingn you dig your head out of your ass before its too late!
BiSian
BiSian

http://thepurplebackpack.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum