NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return of the Rants

+43
Werel
Glides
Hielario
Datelessman
bomaye
Yoshiland
eselle28
Enail
HSavinien
ElizaJane
Amygdala
Conreezy
DragonEatsKnightCheckmate
Mara_
Izmuth
fakely mctest
Chickpea Sarada
Kiskadee
Barretts_Salt
waxingjaney
KitKat
BasedBuzzed
Xexyz
readertorider
CP96
jcorozza
InkAndComb
Aggrax
kath
Hirundo Bos
reboot
PintsizeBro
Caffeinated
reboundstudent
Robjection
caliseivy
nearly_takuan
sky
WJMorris3
BiSian
litterature
Wondering
Prajnaparamita
47 posters

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Return of the Rants - Page 24 Empty Re: Return of the Rants

Post by eselle28 Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:43 pm

Hey there, Facebook friends. If you're chuckling about people being displaced by a natural disaster because you don't approve of the state they live in or the way some representative voted, you're an asshole. You're also incredibly parochial and kind of a moron if you don't think anyone in a group you'd normally advocate for is going to be hurt.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:26 pm

Dear (thankfully former) D&D player,

I don't care how funny you think it is, laughing at someone else's mental condition (especially one as serious as multiple personality disorder) is un-fucking-acceptable. Your actions and those of a couple of other players already put him in a bad state and your remarks about how cool it would be to have that condition could have resulted in some serious damage to both the guy with the condition and potentially the rest of us.

I was willing to believe that there was a possibility that the DM's reactions to your actions prior to this were over the top (mainly due to me not knowing the whole story), but I believe his decision to permanently ban you from the group after those comments was completely fair and just. Should I decide to become a DM myself, I will not be allowing you into any games I run.

Sincerely yours,
Robjection

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:40 pm

Within the past 36 hours:
-Banged my forehead on windowsill, got big goose egg
-Left stove burner on, lit napkin on fire
-Fell off stair, broke my pinky toe

Somebody better save me from myself before this gets lethal Uh-oh
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by jcorozza Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:47 pm

So, while I've generally come to terms with being a fat person in a world that...doesn't like fat people that much, I'd kind of forgotten how much travelling sucks as a fat person. I'm happy to be in Prague, but getting here was awful. Tiny cramped middle seat with all the armrests being used by boyfriend and random row-mate? That, and it was quite hot, so I'm in my cramped seat, sweating, jeans plastered to my legs, not actually able to sleep for any point in the 11 hours. I was close to having a panic attack. I'm sure this isn't that comfy for thin folks, either, but it is like torture for larger people. Might have to rethink any non-domestic travel unless I can pay for business class tickets. :/. I'm am absolutely dreading the flights back. Hopefully the fact that they are during the daytime will mean I can read instead of just being tired but unable to sleep, at least.
jcorozza
jcorozza

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:25 pm

Ugh, that sounds awful. I hope you have a blast in Prague now that you're there, and that the trip home is a bit less hideous.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:45 am

Fuck poachers.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:16 pm

Accidentally said something that came off as suuuuuuuper passive-aggressive jab at something I had a fight about with my Mom a while back, don't know whether to leave it be or make a weird "I was complaining about the exact same thing I fought about with you, but it wasn't about you this time, so... yeah." Headsmack
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:57 pm

Ursula K. Le Guin was one of the only people on earth I could honestly call "my hero". If you have never read The Dispossessed, now is a good time. So much nourishment for every part of the human mind. Godspeed, Ursula.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:54 pm

So today I discovered that some of the developers of this game mod that I enjoy using have been doing some pretty shitty things, including one of them trying to romantically pursue another one with no regard for a) her feelings and b) the fact that she's a minor. Of course, pretty much nobody on the development team is willing to do anything about it. Or rather, the people who were willing to do something about it have pretty much all ended up leaving.

And absolutely none of this is shocking to me. Disappointing and disheartening, sure, but not shocking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:22 pm

Ugh, freezing rain in mid-April Ewwww!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:23 am

Not really a rant, but it's fucking weird having a mass murder right at a place I walked hundreds of times as a kid :/
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon May 07, 2018 2:13 pm

I wish apartment hunting were like dating, where if all of the options are really unappealing you can just quit looking for a while.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glides Sun May 13, 2018 7:50 pm

my classmate and I graduated from film school on the same day last year, she just got into Cannes.

my entire life consists of watching people far better at the things i want to be good at being rewarded for being good at things while i just fucking languish because of the talent i do not possess.

should i just change my name to Salieri?

Glides

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sun May 13, 2018 8:13 pm

Nah, I think you have to enter a lottery for the name with all the other people angsting about watching people be better at the things you want to be good at Razz
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hielario Thu May 24, 2018 8:39 pm

I get why some don't tell me things straight. I get why some don't want a confrontation or have reasons to fear giving an outright negative.

But I'm annoyed as hell that apparently that still happen when the other person is nearly twice as big as me, almost ten years older, and lives outside the city.

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:44 pm

Fuuuuck. I was really hoping (against hope) Ontario had learned something from the US election Sad
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:18 pm

RIP
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Glides Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:14 pm

Several years ago, while hanging out with a group of incredibly nerdy people, all of whom were white dudes (huge mistake), I incurred the wrath of the inceliest of them all for daring to utter from my lips during a conversation about favorite podcasts that Chris Hardwick came off like someone who was good at pretending to know geek culture and probably didn't even give a shit about it other than money.

Needless to say, I got a stern talking to for daring to besmirch the good name of the beautiful Chris Hardwick, king of all geeks, perfect man (and a true alpha male, besides).

This person suddenly reappears in my feed yesterday with the following message:

"I know you're into all this #MeToo bullshit now and you've gone full blue pill, but I don't want to hear one goddamn word about Hardwick from you."

Funny thing was that I didn't really feel all that good about a person I had massively disliked for a long time, someone who I jokingly called Faux Nerd along with people like Joss Whedon and anyone I deemed as not being sufficiently into pop culture like they claimed they were. I didn't feel good that said person turned out to be a serial rapist. And upon hearing said message from said asshole who has seemingly receded even deeper into the weird tendrils of incel-dom that almost took me once upon a time, I still didn't feel good, even though I know a younger me would probably feel that way.

But like, here's my thing: why the fuck was I so obsessive back then about whether someone was genuinely into fandoms or not? It had basically taken Gamergate for me to sudden disconnect myself with that crowd (having played Depression Quest before that started and genuinely admiring Zoe Quinn for making something that felt so true to life for me).

I dunno, guys, the whole Hardwick thing is knocking me for a loop because it's making me think more about what a gatekeeping asshole I used to be about pretty much everything, and feeling like fandoms were a domain you had to prove yourself to belong to.

I really do want to do more to try and include anyone who is currently into the sorts of fandoms I'm into, which right now involves telling everyone I know to listen to The Adventure Zone.

I just feel like a giant asshole.

Glides

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:26 pm

(Unapologetic nerd gatekeeper here, who the fuck is Chris Hardwick?)
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:52 pm

My brother-in-law is incredibly relieved to have landed an apartment, pretty equivalent to my place but half the size, that costs more in rent than my total monthly income (and is a massive portion of his), and our premier wants to get rid of rent control.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jcorozza Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:04 pm

This is probably a really petty thing to be annoyed about, but it just seems like a situation that has no good response.

So my birthday is in a few weeks, any my boyfriend posted a Facebook event inviting our friends to come out to the zoo for it. A few days later, one of those friends sent out an invite for a large social gathering for our meetup group...at the same time. Which is all of my friends. And I know that she saw the invite I sent. Like, I'm hoping it was unintentional, but like...I'm just really annoyed about it, because now anyone who isn't out of town that day is probably going to go to their picnic instead. It makes me want to be super passive aggressive, because I feel like the only "adult" response is to say nothing, suck it up, and be annoyed while celebrating my birthday because like no one will come. I go out of my way to be there for everyone else's birthday gatherings, often spending too much money on things I'm not necessarily that interested in doing (seriously, why do people do this? No one should have to spend $50+ for your birthday), because I try to be a decent friend and show up for people.
jcorozza
jcorozza

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:13 pm

Ughh, that does suck! I hope you figure out a way to work it so that people are free to come to the zoo (excellent birthday outing choice, btw).
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:51 am

WASP NEST IN THE GREENHOUSE WASP NEST IN THE GREENHOUSE WASP NEST IN THE GREENHOUSE

(Been watering the neighbour's jungle for two weeks while they're gone, a few days ago it seemed like wasps were moving in, and it turns out today I'd found they'd already moved in and I was just picking off their secondary homes FUCK I HATE INSECTS)
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:49 pm

When you get in your car for a little respite from the 101-degree Sunday, when all the public buildings with AC are closed... and your car’s AC breaks after four blocks. Disapproving
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hielario Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:25 pm

I seem to have become jaded about human communication, since I forgot there's an important difference between altering someone's desires and altering their actions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum