NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BiSian's School of Misandrist Bitchery (Mockery of Jerks and Random Funness)

+21
Robjection
waxingjaney
Werel
caliseivy
The Wisp
jcorozza
PintsizeBro
Enail
fakely mctest
InkAndComb
Wondering
Conreezy
nearly_takuan
reboot
eselle28
BasedBuzzed
UristMcBunny
Gentleman Johnny
azazel
Xexyz
BiSian
25 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

BiSian's School of Misandrist Bitchery (Mockery of Jerks and Random Funness) - Page 6 Empty Re: BiSian's School of Misandrist Bitchery (Mockery of Jerks and Random Funness)

Post by Werel Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:37 am

I dunno if this is straight up misandry enough for this thread, but there's no thread like Laugh it Up, Fats! to talk about how perfect that "fats" bit on The Last Man on Earth was and how spot-on Botherguts is. I would wear the heck out of a Botherguts shirt, who's with me
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

BiSian's School of Misandrist Bitchery (Mockery of Jerks and Random Funness) - Page 6 Empty Re: BiSian's School of Misandrist Bitchery (Mockery of Jerks and Random Funness)

Post by WJMorris3 Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:11 am

Dear curator of the museum in the UK.

No, a museum about Jack the Ripper does not qualify as "the first women's museum in the UK." Expect quite a few letters from Whitechapel for that chicanery.
WJMorris3
WJMorris3

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickpea Sarada Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:11 am

So the latest Tropes vs Women is up.  Let the temper tantrums spike again.
Chickpea Sarada
Chickpea Sarada

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:56 pm

She spent quite a lot of time in the video talking about how Woman As Reward plays into male entitlement, what male entitlement is, and where we can see it in the real world, tantrums and threats being among those manifestations.

I expect tantrums just about that, let alone the games.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickpea Sarada Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:21 am

Wondering wrote:She spent quite a lot of time in the video talking about how Woman As Reward plays into male entitlement, what male entitlement is, and where we can see it in the real world, tantrums and threats being among those manifestations.

I'd bet ice cream sandwiches that said tantrums would include trying to turn the word entitlement back onto women and feminists. Like they'd be calling non-straight-white-cis-males entitled for wanting more diversity, or for wanting to be treated like people.
Chickpea Sarada
Chickpea Sarada

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:04 am

Chickpea Sarada wrote:
Wondering wrote:She spent quite a lot of time in the video talking about how Woman As Reward plays into male entitlement, what male entitlement is, and where we can see it in the real world, tantrums and threats being among those manifestations.

I'd bet ice cream sandwiches that said tantrums would include trying to turn the word entitlement back onto women and feminists.  Like they'd be calling non-straight-white-cis-males entitled for wanting more diversity, or for wanting to be treated like people.

You can't fit this shit on a bingo card, but we will see 1)people nitpicking the games while ignoring the overall point.
2)the audio of her speaking set over a montage of beefcake in videogames(because there will surely be enough to fill up half an hour, giving the illusion of equal objectification).
3)an endless amount of weasel words on both 'sides' of the equation(minority entitlement will be parsed by one 'side' as trying to invoke Twitter shitstorms on developers and by the other 'side' as simply criticizing problematic portrayals while calling it disingenous to equate the people who go to far with the callouts with the average critic)
4)screencaps of how cis, white and male all the response videos are that leave out all the folks who don't tick these boxes.
5)people calling bullshit on the harassment she will receive as a reaction simply because she hasn't posted proof(hint: police advise not to publicize death threats).
6)people trying to school others on their lived experiences while decrying gaslighting in the very next tweet.
7)muh deadlines.
8)that fucking overused XKCD comic whenever someone brings up the fact that the comments are closed.
9)smug taunting leading to whining the moment someone actually reacts with a good burn.
10)news articles about the release that consist of 90 percent embedded tweets.
11)articles that show 15(2/5 supportive, 1/5 detractors, 2/5 snarky responses to detractors) or so tweets and then claim that this is representative of the average reaction.
12)a recut video of the audio that is less funny than the average YTP.
13)a parody vid on either 'side' that is actually funny but gets condemned because it mocks the wrong target.
14)embarassing powerpoints from conferences that sound like Steve Buscemi with a skateboard.
15)screencaps with lots of red lines. Also J00s.
16)a screencap of a dude tweeting how much of a point she has juxtaposed to a tweet/photo in which he himself utters sexist shit/is posing with booth babes.
17)people that will complain that the vid is tl;dw while having previously complained that they were not detailed enough.
18)"the reactions really make me lose faith in humanity/my gender"(the dude in question loses this every other day).
19)slur-filled reactions that question whether or not there even is harassment.
20)someone complaining that the video throws sex workers under the bus.
21)someone complaining that the video reinforces the gender binary too much.
22)a reaction vid full of skulls, cigars and other manly shit.
23)sarcasm that gets snipped out of context and used as proof of ill intentions on either 'side'(bonus points if it involves 360noscope).
24)a reaction vid by a white male that actually supports the argument in the vid prompts a comment of "lol white males" without the person having watched what 'side' the person is on.
25)another media outlet suddenly gets an interest in videogames where there was none previously.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:23 pm

And noticeably absent from your list: Real change actually happens. Sad

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:44 pm

Change is happening in the background, gradually, while the Twitter addicts keep each other occupied. Maybe this will get your spirits up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fxls1XrcJc&feature=youtu.be (it fits the thread because the voice actress has that Gaming's Feminist Illuminati shirt)

Back to top Go down

Post by BiSian Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:07 pm

I'm not playing bingo but I will bartend for everyone! My male tears collectors are overflowing after the recent harvest.

Have some Downtrodden Males Daiquiris, everyone!
BiSian's School of Misandrist Bitchery (Mockery of Jerks and Random Funness) - Page 6 108415-849x565-Frozen_strawb_Daiquiri
BiSian
BiSian

http://thepurplebackpack.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:56 pm

WTF Canada, do not attempt to out misogynist spree killer the US, please? http://news.nationalpost.com/toronto/online-posts-about-killing-feminists-prompt-university-of-toronto-to-increase-campus-security
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:09 pm

Not to devalue the significance of the current issue, but to your other point regarding Canada, it had the original misogynist shooting spree on the continent, didn't it, with the Montreal Massacre? I don't know that it needs to try to outdo us. Sad

Ah, I see that's even referenced in the article.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by BiSian Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:34 am

Dear whiny males on the Internet:
Tell me more about how crying isn't shameful and this joke is just TEH WORST...the next time you write off a woman as being "hysterical" or "unprofessional" for getting teary as she talks about something that personally affects her.
BiSian's School of Misandrist Bitchery (Mockery of Jerks and Random Funness) - Page 6 4021651
BiSian
BiSian

http://thepurplebackpack.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fakely mctest Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:48 am

While there are many, fine products on Etsy that will convey one's status as a feminist killjoy, I'm particularly fond of this one:

BiSian's School of Misandrist Bitchery (Mockery of Jerks and Random Funness) - Page 6 Il_570xN.431260844_3nh1

Have seriously considered purchasing the gold mirrored version.

General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Caffeinated Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:15 pm

I feel like this may go here (also so many other articles on this hilarious site):

http://reductress.com/post/how-to-like-him-just-because-he-liked-you-first/

Romance is tricky, and choosing your mate can be a real challenge. The hardest part is when you have to like a guy because he liked you first. Since these kinds of things don’t come around often, here are some easy ways to trick yourself into falling into a perfectly convenient love affair because, you know, he’s nice!

Lie down next to each other until it stops feeling icky.

At first, lying next to someone you don’t feel particularly drawn to is like swimming in a pool of worms and spiders—uncomfortable! But if you just lie very still and think hard about how handy it is to have someone to go see Anne Hathaway movies with, you’ll adapt to this feeling and fall quickly in love. Or at least fall into the temporary acceptance of your circumstances. It really is better than nothing!
Caffeinated
Caffeinated

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:55 pm

I see Trudeau has picked his cabinet and it's *drum roll* half women!

I am seeing a lot of man tears around the internet about that.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum