NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rants

+51
Enail
Suika
dustyteal
readertorider
trooper6
PintsizeBro
Raindancing
Prajnaparamita
Gman
TheRoux
BasedBuzzed
LadyIkaros
Caffeinated
KMR
OneTrueGuest
Coin-op Adjutant
Spiffo
WJMorris3
kath
username_6916
kleenestar
Izmuth
Kaz
reboot
SadisticToaster
Barretts_Salt
Hirundo Bos
Jayce
Xexyz
nonA
BiSian
celette482
Robjection
azazel
Conreezy
Werel
sky
Mel
nearly_takuan
Wondering
caliseivy
waxingjaney
Lemminkainen
reboundstudent
IntelligentDice
Gentleman Johnny
Gamerz
UristMcBunny
concentus
eselle28
fakely mctest
55 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Rants - Page 31 Empty Re: Rants

Post by Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:20 pm

For the first time ever... did a celebrity death actually make me cry just a little. No

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:57 pm

I was feeling really depressed last night so I had terrible writer's block. When I finally got a decent idea, it was late enough that I was so tired that I couldn't actually write anything coherent (my ability to do anything productive basically ceases around midnight, I'm not somebody who can pull an all-nighter). So, I went to bed. I've had to miss all three of my classes today to get this essay done. And you know what? It's terrible. It's a C-level paper and I know it. It barely reaches the page limit. I still have a couple hours to revise it before I have to turn it into the online dropbox at 2pm, but still. It's a bad paper through and through. Thank god this class isn't apart of either of my majors. I can write philosophy papers like a pro but I'm so out of practice on literary analysis that I'm struggling.

I'm also now behind on readings and missed a few homework assignments in various classes because I had three papers due in a week. Furthermore, when I went to buy the new book for my literature class (the same class I'm doing this crappy paper for), the school bookstore was out of it. And I can't find any place online to get it that will ship it fast enough for me to be able to catch up reading it. So for one of the readings I may not be able to catch up at all.

Ugh.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:17 pm

I just calulated my time that is alotted to all of our grants. I have 165% of an FTE. No wonder I feel tired.
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:03 pm

Suddenly everything at once. Or not really everything, but a couple of the really big emotional buttons, and some intermediate sized to go along with it.
Hirundo Bos
Hirundo Bos

http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:43 pm

What a week. I'm starting to think I may have developed some minor food allergies in the past few months to some fairly common foods (tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, broccoli). I'm waiting to hear back from my doctor to see if I should see them about these symptoms. Either way, it's starting to look like most Mexican and Italian food are out the window for my diet, as well as ketchup and barbecue sauce. Ugh.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by InkAndComb Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:04 am

The first week of being on stimulants always feels like hell for me. Yes, I can study much, much better and my adhd is not so bad, but also I am just..ugh, the crash is so bad, the first week I am tweaky, the anxiety is so much worse than usual, and I feel helpless when I'm not on them. Insomnia...oh man, it will never go away will it? From age 6 til I die, I suspect I'll never get more than 5 hours of sleep unless I'm having night terrors.

I'm so, so exausted. I wish I could just sleep forever Sad and maybe have some dreams about awesome happytimes instead of sad scary things that don't make sense
InkAndComb
InkAndComb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:28 am

You know what sucks? Hearing your neighbors having wild monkey sex. When my window is closed.

I don't particularly find it weird or awkward or even worth getting mad over. What upsets me is... I don't even need to spell it out anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by InkAndComb Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:11 am

The Mikey wrote:You know what sucks? Hearing your neighbors having wild monkey sex. When my window is closed.

I don't particularly find it weird or awkward or even worth getting mad over. What upsets me is... I don't even need to spell it out anymore.

Sometimes I think apartments were made to mock the individuals not getting laid. I changed my wifi to "I can hear you having sex" at one point. The response? "WE WILL BE LOUDER NEXT TIMElinksys"
InkAndComb
InkAndComb

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyIkaros Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:50 am

InkAndComb wrote: Sometimes I think apartments were made to mock the individuals not getting laid.  I changed my wifi to "I can hear you having sex" at one point.  The response? "WE WILL BE LOUDER NEXT TIMElinksys"

This may not be nice, but both of these made me laugh. Passive-agressive wifi FTW.
LadyIkaros
LadyIkaros

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:55 am

InkAndComb wrote:
Sometimes I think apartments were made to mock the individuals not getting laid.  I changed my wifi to "I can hear you having sex" at one point.  The response? "WE WILL BE LOUDER NEXT TIMElinksys"

Ehehehe that's really funny.

But see, I don't live in an apartment, I live in a townhome where my window just so happens to be facing an apartment building. And their window happens to be facing my window. :I So when they have sex I can hear their bed squeaking, that's how hard they're fucking. And when my window is closed I hear both of their moans and I can tell when the guy finishes, THAT is a little awkward.

And these neighbors just so happen to be a sexy young couple living together, I've seen them in the morning after.

I brought this up because last night I could hear them arguing. I could hear her saying saying she was being hurt I was about to yell out my window "Cut that shit or I'm calling the cops." Or hell even show knock on their door... But about half an hour later they were making squishy sounds.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:41 am

One of the worst things people often say to console late-in-life virgins is "well, you're first few times suck anyway!"

Ugh, no. That actually doesn't make me feel better at all, in some ways worse.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:20 am

Today, I had a music video shoot with my old internships, which was dope. But it was at a bar/club. Yeah, tonight I learned that Mikey really doesn't really like bars & clubs, especially when shooting a video...

But the real shame of it? There were sooo many pretty girls and I talked to none of them. Professionalism and my own shyness got in the way. Eventually the band and drunk people really tore up my spirit, although I think booze would have kept the edge off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:31 pm

I really don't like being a nerd. Or, at least, being tarred with that brush.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:23 pm

I'm starting to feel like online dating for men under 27-ish years-old is pointless. Young women who want to date men their own age have many offline avenues to find them, and young women who are on online dating seem to be really looking for men who have aged out of their peer group. Furthermore, women in their late-20s and early-30s seem to have no interest in inexperienced college guys (not that I, personally, would date them anyway due to issues of power differential), unlike the gender reversed scenario.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:45 am

Nothing says "you're a joke to your coworkers" like coming back to your desk and finding that's someone's stuck a half-eaten peach in your cup.

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:25 am

If I ever have to hear a "life is over after college" lament again, I'm going to go bananas. Plenty of people didn't get that blissful party lifestyle in the first place, and plenty of people who went straight into working actually embraced it, but replaced student societies with hobby groups, volunteer organizations and gigs in bars. It's a tradeoff, as with everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:27 am

So super fucking cool when direct deposit doesn't come through on the day it's supposed to, for no discernible reason, and you're out of food. Being assessed extra overdraft fees for every day you're in the red is the bomb too. Really, feeding a 2-person household on 1 PhD stipend in America's most expensive city is so, so awesome and fun, and the stress of being this broke never, ever affects my ability to concentrate on school.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:33 am

Yowch, that sucks. >.<
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:51 am

Indeed, that's real harsh. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by UristMcBunny Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:40 am

Ugh, I'm sorry Werel, that sucks.

Moderator of "Romantic and Sexual Relationships"

http://uristmcdorf.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:11 pm

You can't criticize me for suffering from a just world bias and then tell me I'll die alone and unloved. If I'm truly as despicable as you say I am, of course I will have people love me: you just said the world isn't just, right?

(Before anyone thinks I have a horrible social environment, most of these passive-aggressive rants occur after flamewars with alt-righters, faux-progressives and other assorted nitwits. Do tell me if this clogs up the thread with petty stuff)

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRoux Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:44 pm

So my old fuck friend just discovered that she's bipolar, then told me "I LOOOOOOOOOVEEEE YOUUUUU" (sadly it is not reciprocal), and now she dropped out of existence (read she disabled her facebook, deleted my number, and told me: "if you wanna talk to me, you have my number...") (She needs to take care of herself and I understand that so I don't plan to distract her by messaging her)

My ex is on her way back to rekindle past flames with me and I'm not sure what to do with this...

My girl bestfriend (that I have a not-so secret crush on) just gave me an opportunity to sleep with her yesterday night and I ignored it because I didn't believe she was really pulling that on me. Realized too late it was real... (message to you stalker, I gave you the name of the forum, so I know you're gonna read this eventually...)

Damn I hate my life right now...

Last edited by TheRoux on Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:52 pm

Maybe wait to "burn the bridge" until there aren't so many people standing on it? It's all well and good that you've decided you want us to think as poorly of you as possible, but you've caused some very real damage in order to do so. And if I ever see you again, I'm going to tell you about that.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:10 pm

Dear nose,

I do not know if it is allergies (which I have never had) or a head cold, but your effort to win the Snot Faucet of the Year Award is getting tiresome. Please stop before I cut you off or snort salt water up you or both.

Sincerely,

Reboot
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by InkAndComb Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:12 pm

So after many long, carefully structured and well thought out talks that I tried to help you unpack your feelings and express your needs, you decide to be verbally abusive.

Better yet, you blame ME for the abusive behavior because I was "asking for it" with my "not doing anything" ?!?!?!?!

Then when I suggest you move out and go to therapy, you bring up that you feel like I "never listen" (what) and you "didn't want to talk it out today anyways" and THEN, after I tell you yuo can stay for a few days if necessary before moving, things start going to shit, and you yell shut up in my face and say "I've been waiting to do that for monthes"

Holy crap did I miss a bullet.  I'm still not quite sure what happened but you know what? I have a bottle of wine and some manga.  I stood up for myself against a long term partner.  I'm proud of myself even if you think I deserve to be treated like trash.  F*ck you, man.
InkAndComb
InkAndComb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum