NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return of the Rants

+43
Werel
Glides
Hielario
Datelessman
bomaye
Yoshiland
eselle28
Enail
HSavinien
ElizaJane
Amygdala
Conreezy
DragonEatsKnightCheckmate
Mara_
Izmuth
fakely mctest
Chickpea Sarada
Kiskadee
Barretts_Salt
waxingjaney
KitKat
BasedBuzzed
Xexyz
readertorider
CP96
jcorozza
InkAndComb
Aggrax
kath
Hirundo Bos
reboot
PintsizeBro
Caffeinated
reboundstudent
Robjection
caliseivy
nearly_takuan
sky
WJMorris3
BiSian
litterature
Wondering
Prajnaparamita
47 posters

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Return of the Rants - Page 8 Empty Re: Return of the Rants

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:50 pm

Enail wrote:
The Mikey wrote:
Enail wrote:Aaaand it took less than a week for my new brush pen to go from Joys and Good News to Rants. Pull yourself together, brush!

Uh-oh, that can't be good. Did it begin to leak? Or did it dry out already? Ooor?

Splitting. The bane of my existence. :grrr: Hopefully it's just an adolescent phase it has to work through, I get that a lot with regular brushes. Shrug

Oh no! D: Yeah that kinda defeats the purpose of a smoooth ink line. :\ No I also checked my own brush pen and yeah, it split too. Headsmack

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickpea Sarada Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:57 am

Just a few months after I bought this printer, it doesn't print properly, leaving lines of nothing even after I had it clean the print head multiple times. A Google search pointed me to the Amazon page for this specific printer model, and it turns out the majority of ratings for it are 1-stars. I wish I could find the receipt, if it wasn't thrown away.
Chickpea Sarada
Chickpea Sarada

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:32 am

Today I received yet another stark reminder that work is a popularity contest

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:34 pm

I live on the East Coast, which means everyone's getting ready for the snowmaggedon/snowpocalypse set to be happening in a few hours. I don't live alone; one of the two people I live with likes to be in charge of housekeeping duties and pretending they're a great caretaker for the other person and has plenty of time during the day to go shopping for necessities, yet manages to come back home with...Actually, it doesn't look like they actually got anything even though they made a point to tell me they did.
Why does it look like I'm the one, the only one who's working today, who will be in charge of finding pitchers and filling them with water and trying to take stock of what non-perishables we (hopefully) have.
I at least have an excuse: I didn't do a regular shopping trip like I should have on Saturday because I didn't know the storm was coming, I work during the week, and I don't have transportation willing to take me on an evening shopping trip.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:52 pm

Disagreement =/= bullying, FFS.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by InkAndComb Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:30 pm

I am getting depressed from a medication that is supposed to help with depression and anxiety.

I had a panic attack from it too.

I know this is normal at first but Sad Seriously?

I'm exercising, I'm losing weight, I'm looking good, I'm being positive, I'm reaching out to friends, I'm in therapy.

Also, apparently I have PTSD. So, looking forward to unpacking all of that too... weeeee
InkAndComb
InkAndComb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:39 am

I just realized that the most recent photo of me on Facebook is more than three years old. That's how long it's been since I've had a social opportunity to have my photo taken by someone I know.

Back to top Go down

Post by InkAndComb Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:13 pm

You were the person who encouraged me to stand up for myself! To not be belittled, or let people manipulate me.

Then you went and did something that you knew crossed the line, and had no idea how hard I drop the hammer when my values get tested.

Heck, I didn't know how hard I'd be about it; but I never insulted you, I just called you out.

And you panicked, and set that bridge to our friendship on fire.

I miss you so much dude. So, so much, and it's only been 3 days.

I miss my friend. I don't hold it against you, that you lashed out; you know those insults you sent my way were weak, even though you wanted them to be cutting (could have been much worse, and nothing worse than I think everyday).

I did the right thing, and I think the you I first met and grew to love as a brother would appreciate that; I hope you come around, and don't decide to be super stubborn and ride this out.

No matter what, if you reach out, I'm there man. I'm here til the end of the line, and I mean it. Even if you hate me for it.

But in the mean time, I wish you didn't do this to me...I can't believe I'm mourning the loss of a friendship I was excited to watch grow, already.

Can't believe you started the death knolls of something great because you were embarassed that you send a drunk text to a girl you like.

Smh....

InkAndComb
InkAndComb

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:36 pm

Ever have those times when you know what you need to do and it's a really easy - dare I say trivial - task, way easier than other stuff you've been doing, and yet you can't bring yourself to do it?
Robjection
Robjection

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:28 pm

No, I don't want to watch a YouTube video with 5 minutes of someone's MMO character running around, especially not if it stops to kill and loot random mobs. I just want to see a picture of the entrance on a map. This used to be easy content to find before everyone decided that making YouTube videos was their path to fame and success.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:31 pm

You know, I really don't wanna fucking work today. I really don't.

Back to top Go down

Post by InkAndComb Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:53 pm

I'm so exausted. I just want to stay home and read my 6+ books I just purchased Sad I hope nobody comes in to buy deli meat today.
InkAndComb
InkAndComb

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:03 pm

I hate tax time. You guys took taxes out of my paycheck all year, why do I still owe you money :grrr:
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:13 pm

A friend of mine is in bad straits and asking her friends for help making her rent this month. But because I've essentially lost my job, we have nothing to spare to help her. And I'm really angry because I want to help her so so much. Sad

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:55 pm

Who in their right mind brings crossbow arrows to Parliament. I'm just glad it didn't delay the tour.
BasedBuzzed
BasedBuzzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:25 pm

Goddamn my acid tongue.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Xexyz Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:07 pm

Every time I think I've found a woman on OKC I think I'll really connect with GUARANTEED she says she's allergic to cats. I swear the universe is against me.

Xexyz

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:17 pm

Why is self-maintenance so hard for me? It's bad enough that I have to encourage myself to do most of it because what's the point if no one's ever going to appreciate it and I don't care if it's done or not done, but does it also have to require so much time and effort?
That goes doubly for you, hair; I don't have the time, talent, patience, or dexterity to deal with you, or the money to have someone else manage you for me, so stop being so difficult :grrr:
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:03 pm

Goddamn Broncos.

I strongly dislike Peyton Manning and the Manning clan (fuck you too, Eli). But I *hate* the Broncos just so much.

EDIT: Goddamn, I know I'm a nerd & all, but if the attitude displayed by nerds when people (myself included) say that gaming is not a sport is any indication... I shoulda just been a jock from the get-go.

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:57 pm

I would think this one would be Human Interaction 101, but walking around with a huge black eye for the last few days suggests otherwise: It's entirely possible to be in the same space as a visibly injured person without mentioning the injury.

However, if you must bring it up, a good tip would be to avoid assuming you're talking to a domestic violence victim and offering your phone number on the belief you'd be a better partner.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:07 pm

Suspect WTF?!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xexyz Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:33 pm

Enail wrote:Suspect WTF?!

Inorite? It's like her rant started off going downhill and then careened off a cliff with that last bit.

I'm sorry you have to put up with that in addition to your injury, eselle. No

Xexyz

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:36 pm

I f***ing hate my family sometimes.
CW: A lot of CAPS because I did a lot of screaming:

In response to eselle's rant: that's a new level of Nice Guy low.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:53 pm

eselle28 wrote:I would think this one would be Human Interaction 101, but walking around with a huge black eye for the last few days suggests otherwise: It's entirely possible to be in the same space as a visibly injured person without mentioning the injury.

However, if you must bring it up, a good tip would be to avoid assuming you're talking to a domestic violence victim and offering your phone number on the belief you'd be a better partner.

Master level what not to do
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:14 pm

eselle28 wrote:I would think this one would be Human Interaction 101, but walking around with a huge black eye for the last few days suggests otherwise: It's entirely possible to be in the same space as a visibly injured person without mentioning the injury.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
outstanding
litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum