NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return of the Rants

+43
Werel
Glides
Hielario
Datelessman
bomaye
Yoshiland
eselle28
Enail
HSavinien
ElizaJane
Amygdala
Conreezy
DragonEatsKnightCheckmate
Mara_
Izmuth
fakely mctest
Chickpea Sarada
Kiskadee
Barretts_Salt
waxingjaney
KitKat
BasedBuzzed
Xexyz
readertorider
CP96
jcorozza
InkAndComb
Aggrax
kath
Hirundo Bos
reboot
PintsizeBro
Caffeinated
reboundstudent
Robjection
caliseivy
nearly_takuan
sky
WJMorris3
BiSian
litterature
Wondering
Prajnaparamita
47 posters

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

Return of the Rants - Page 10 Empty Re: Return of the Rants

Post by Werel Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:46 pm

Yikes, Wondering. Asbestos-free wishes to you, Mr., and the kiddo. Sad

Hirundo, hope your sister has a speedy recovery.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:24 pm

Back to back work trips are a pain. Drop one suitcase, grab another. But not as big a pain as a week long meeting watching my boss make an ass of herself
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm

So pissed off right now. My Big Boss is suck a f***ing pain.

My very small (4 full-time, only 1 part time) team has to attending the regular full department meeting tomorrow (when our team and the better-than-you librarians all come together for a meeting) and my team is busy doing research on how book collections are cleaned in preparation for the meeting so we can justify not being made to do it ourselves. we're doing research to convince the Big Boss and head librarian that we can't do it and it doesn't qualify as "other duties as assigned". We have a sizable collection, and we're the customer service aspect of this building; someone must always be available for front desk, and we can rarely get away with shutting down photo ID for any span of time, but they want us to go through those shelves cleaning each ridiculously dusty (possibly moldy) book by hand.
F-that. We already did your ridiculous shifting project last Summer that required the four of us (then five) to adjust shelves and move all the books, and your ass acted like we were taking too long.

My job doesn't involve that kind of cleaning; my allergies can't afford another job where they give me a project to do that jacks up my allergies beyond repair. This cleaning project is not going to happen, but we shouldn't have to spend time arguing our case for not being treated like lesser employees on the staff.

And get this: this whole issue about the books needing cleaning, is because one librarian doesn't like the book covers and keeping them on the books but another librarian thinks we should keep them on. They've been disagreeing about this back and forth since the newest librarian got hired. We were basically thrown under the bus to make this bs case for losing the book covers, which, apparently hasn't helped all the books that he's already removed the covers from.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:23 pm

Further asbestos/flooring saga. We need asbestos removers, plumber, and flooring people. All different contractors. None of whom will actually email us the estimates they came out to look at the bathroom for. And who won't respond to my emails saying, "What's the ETA on that estimate?"

I don't want to schedule one without all on board. This is going awesomely. :grrr:

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:28 pm

>ask insanely specific questions about history
>keep firing them off even when I steer back to the original topic
>grumble that people learn nothing nowadays in school
>turn out to be creationist
Gish Gallop away, you dunciad.

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:58 am

Last week:
"Mom, I have to be at work next Thursday at 8am."
"Why are you telling me so soon. Tell me next week."
Tuesday:
"And I have to be at work at 8am Thursday."
"Ok."
Wednesday:
"You have to be at work by 8am on Thursday right?"
"Yes."
Thursday 7:45am:
She's just getting into the shower.
To drop me off at work.
To come back home and do nothing else today.
And I'm supposed to be opening the building.
This is why I needed my license. It's little dick moves like this that have actually prevented me from getting a license much sooner. It's those little things that prick at my emotional state on a regular basis that have angry outbursts billowing just below the surface, and me always fighting to keep them down because the consequences will be far worse.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:45 pm

The only thing worse than people in an MMO talking about politics (which this crowd does too) is people talking about religion. Can't we just enjoy our sandbox without a repeat of the Christianity vs. atheism vs. being open-minded about spirituality debate?
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:41 am

Once again, I'm so, so tired of living in a world that doesn't want me in it. That actually seems to be all I think about these days. I'm desperately searching for something, anything positive in my life, but I'm not finding a goddamned thing.

For most people, tough times and loneliness are temporary things. For me, it's all I've ever known.

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:54 pm

Lady, I concede my minor traffic violation, while noting that it did not endanger or even momentarily inconvenience anyone. Following me home for two blocks to scream at me about it as I park is well into "what the fuck" territory. Following people home is generally a thing you do when you mean to threaten them, and I don't really appreciate that.

Thanks for tossing in a couple "haole"s for good measure, too. Love those reminders that I'm the wrong ethnicity to live in your neighborhood. That's fun every time.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:50 pm

There are now two members of my household who know how to open doors with lever handles.

This would be better news if there were more than one human residing here.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:34 pm

Yeah, lever handles are not good for houses with toddlers, cats, and/or dogs. Sad

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:41 am

Unless the lever lifts up.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:00 am

Hahahaha, I know someone whose cat can turn lever handle faucets on, so he keeps all the faucets in his flat locked with rubber bands...
litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:30 pm

Minor and bureaucratic, but I really hate it when I'm asked to answer a large number of security questions, half of them are aimed at people who have either spouses or children, and the other half are vague taste questions that don't necessarily have a single answer. If you make me choose three of those, I'll find ones that work. If you make me choose six, I'm probably going to have to write a note somewhere reminding myself what I said my favorite food was that day out of the dozen or so things I might choose.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:35 am

Probation period at work because I suck at closing. I know I'll drag a recommendation to the next employer and a new batch of pals out of it in the worst case scenario, but it still is annoying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:11 pm

People who just like to talk non-stop, doesn't matter about what, doesn't matter with who, are so exhausting for me.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fakely mctest Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:18 pm

Enail wrote:People who just like to talk non-stop, doesn't matter about what, doesn't matter with who, are so exhausting for me.

Oh no, it me. nailbiting panic

Dude at the bar around the corner, who my bartender friend refers to as "Thirsty Dave," when you sit down next to me and I'm reading a book and you're all, "Long time! How's work?" and I reply that I've been super busy and I'm happy to have this time to catch up on my reading and then I rest my elbows on the bar and raise the book closer to my face? Thirsty Dave, that is your cue to stop talking to me. That is not your cue to ask if I heard that Trump's aide had been charged with simple battery in what was, no doubt, a preamble into a longer political discussion.

I do not want to talk to you, Thirsty Dave. I will talk politics with just about anyone, but I will not talk about anything with you.

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:02 pm

BasedBuzzed wrote:Probation period at work because I suck at closing. I know I'll drag a recommendation to the next employer and a new batch of pals out of it in the worst case scenario, but it still is annoying.

Everytime we say goodbye, we die a little. Or we don't.

Exit interview says motivation and extroversion are super, but the ability to create an emotional connection between myself and the customers is gonna take time, a whole lot of precious time, to do it, to do it, to do it right. Of course, this applies to all other areas of life too, so no surprises there. Acknowledgement that it is hard to teach this to folks since it is utterly nebulous, but there you have it. Got someone trying to scalp me yesterday for mealboxes, so maybe my game show host approach works better over there (or I'll drag a few weeks' work out of it before they figure out the beep boop too). What I'll miss the most, aside from the cool co-workers, is the Orwellian database for energy contracts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:26 pm

Sorry bout the job, BB.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:59 pm

No, dude. When you come ring my front door bell, and I go answer it -- with baby in tow -- you do not try to open my screen door before I've even finished opening the front door. And when you do try, and fail because it's locked, yes, bloody hell, I am going to scowl at you and refuse to open it to take your candidate's campaign flyer.

What the ever loving heck. Personal space/safety violation, and just plain stupid. My dog was running loose, too. Where in the world do you think it's okay to open someone's door to their house?

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:26 pm

There's nothing like finally solving one stupid, frustrating printer problem only to realize that it still won't work because you'd forgotten that there was another stupid printer problem last time that you'd left for later because you were too frustrated to be able to solve anything. I would really like to kick something right about now.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:07 pm

Either we can rearrange our plans and fit ourselves into your schedule because you miss us so much and you really, really want to get together ASAP, or you can suddenly decide you absolutely have to get your taxes done right now even though you don't know how long that will take. Pick one, ffs.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:09 pm

Your weekend does not sound the best, Enail. Sad
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:16 pm

There are people that I love dearly while actually seeing them, but have a hard time remembering why while I'm trying to make plans with them Razz
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:30 am

Sounds about right.

Return of the Rants - Page 10 EStZPSQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content