NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Entertainment Joys

+42
Sahrimnir
DoubtfulGuest
Enail
Glides
litterature
Kiskadee
bomaye
Xexyz
kath
Chickpea Sarada
Aggrax
KitKat
choys
Hirundo Bos
Robjection
Andrew Corvero
Dan_Brodribb
Aalo
CP96
InkAndComb
Raindancing
Prajnaparamita
reboot
Jayce
Suika
Gentleman Johnny
Caffeinated
celette482
caliseivy
Conreezy
waxingjaney
PKB
nearly_takuan
eselle28
Gman
The Wisp
Archetype694
SarahGryph
Lemminkainen
Mel
WJMorris3
UristMcBunny
46 posters

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

Entertainment Joys - Page 8 Empty Re: Entertainment Joys

Post by KMR Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:33 am

Brandon Sanderson writes amazing plot twists. He expertly misdirects you and lays clues so subtle they are hard to pick up on, but once you know the truth, you look back and it's all there, and you feel a bit like an idiot for having been duped (in a good way). I've only read two books so far, but daaaaamn...
KMR
KMR

Back to top Go down

Post by Aggrax Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:21 am

KMR wrote:Brandon Sanderson writes amazing plot twists. He expertly misdirects you and lays clues so subtle they are hard to pick up on, but once you know the truth, you look back and it's all there, and you feel a bit like an idiot for having been duped (in a good way). I've only read two books so far, but daaaaamn...

All glory to the Sanderson, long may he reign. Mind if I ask which two books it was of his you've read?

Also, NEW WARCRAFT EXPANSION ANNOUNCED. My hype levels have been off the charts all day. To be fair, it does that with every expansion, but considering how... underwhelming Warlords of Draenor has been, this has been a huge shot in the arm.
Aggrax
Aggrax

Back to top Go down

Post by KMR Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:29 am

Aggrax wrote:
All glory to the Sanderson, long may he reign. Mind if I ask which two books it was of his you've read?

The first two Mistborn books. Just starting on the third.
KMR
KMR

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:00 pm

Season 2 of Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell* is not only still funny, but probably funnier than Season 1. Rare! Shiny/thrilled

*From the "Too Many Cooks" dudes, y'all
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:35 am

To counter the shitty stuff in entertainment rants because ughhhhh

WWE's NXT Takeover Brooklyn was last night. There was a match on that show that was mind-blowingly awesome. Sasha Banks vs Bayley for the NXT Women's Title was almost a proof-of-concept of "hey guys, women's wrestling can actually work AND be taken seriously if you do it right!" Co-main event, 15 000 people (NXT's biggest crowd to date) it could've been the main event, amazing storytelling, Bayley nearly broke her neck for real. Amazing shit.
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickpea Sarada Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:37 pm

The full Steven Universe theme song has been released!! Without the screaming fans!

Chickpea Sarada
Chickpea Sarada

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:40 pm

Ms Marvel! Just picked up the trade of the first year and holy crap! A Muslim, millenial geek girl superhero who's immediately as iconic as first year Spider-Man! I'm in, I'm hooked, someone sign this movie!

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:14 pm

The whole comic Head Trip but this one in particular. That last add-on punchline nearly made soda come out of my nose.

Entertainment Joys - Page 8 20070326

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:45 pm

OK, I'll admit it, I never get any physical items of stuff I like on the internet. I just don't want to have to explain to curious parents what that mysterious package addressed to me is.

So when I found out that Rich Burlew is releasing PDF versions of the Order of The Stick books ... there is really only one appropriate response to that.

Entertainment Joys - Page 8 Shut_up_and_take_my_money

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:02 am

Man, I love consuming Japanese media about Europe in the vein of Berserk and Demon/Dark Souls. So fun to be viewed and reconstructed as an Other, rather than the other way around. So cool to look back at my people's history with a new appreciation for how occult and bloodthirsty it (rightly?) seems to the rest of the world. Shiny/thrilled
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:06 am

Werel wrote:Man, I love consuming Japanese media about Europe in the vein of Berserk and Demon/Dark Souls. So fun to be viewed and reconstructed as an Other, rather than the other way around. So cool to look back at my people's history with a new appreciation for how occult and bloodthirsty it (rightly?) seems to the rest of the world. Shiny/thrilled

If you're a fan of Miyazaki's work, then surely you've heard of Bloodborne?

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:08 am

HermitTheToad wrote:
If you're a fan of Miyazaki's work, then surely you've heard of Bloodborne?
It's next up after I finish DS2. Grin
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:21 am

Well, it's good.

Trust me.

No really, an endorsement from me is pretty rare.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:08 pm

This has been a good week for entertainment. Iron Maiden's new album dropped yesterday. MGSV and Mad Max Fury Road dropped on the same day this past Tuesday. Life is güt.

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:13 pm

So, I clicked on one of the prime site's ads, because I have clumsy fingers and often post from my phone or my tablet. That Improbable Island game is actually pretty amusing.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:55 am

Just listened to the Geek's Guide to the Galaxy interview with JMS, which was a joy in itself (still enough of a B5 fan to have emotions about it), and was reminded that the Babylon 5 reboot is still in progress, learned there would be a second season of Sense8, and also a TV adaptation of Red Mars, so I'm in a pretty good mood now.
Hirundo Bos
Hirundo Bos

http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:05 am

This:

Popsonnet wrote:
For just as bakers must their loaves create
and thespians put on their fictive acts,
the ones who live in scorn shall always hate

http://popsonnet.tumblr.com/post/120131035085/shake-it-off

HEARTS.
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:00 am

DC Comics have gone absolutey INSANE

Superman lost most of his powers and looks like this, Batman is now this guy in a robot suit, Wonder Woman is the God of War (not Goddess because that's Athena), Batgirl is a college hipster who fights evil phone apps and instagram fame, Dick Grayson is a superspy, the Martian Manhunter is a WMD whose goal is to weaken and conquer the human race for the Martian people, Green Lantern is a fugitive who had to dump his green ring for a green gauntlet, Catwoman is the head crime boss of Gotham City (it agrees with her), there's now a [url=teenage street gang]http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/142/896/original/WEAREROBIN-cover1.jpg?1423229752[/url] based on Robin protecting Gotham City, Black Canary is the lead singer of a band who's concerts are interrupted by her BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF PEOPLE IN THE AUDIENCE, and they've jam-packing everything with diversity and more conservative spandex costumes for the women.

Apparently they're already gonna reverse some of this quickly because sales were hurt. THIS IS SO MUCH FUN
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:09 pm

bomaye wrote:DC Comics have gone absolutey INSANE

Superman lost most of his powers and looks like this, Batman is now this guy in a robot suit, Wonder Woman is the God of War (not Goddess because that's Athena), Batgirl is a college hipster who fights evil phone apps and instagram fame, Dick Grayson is a superspy, the Martian Manhunter is a WMD whose goal is to weaken and conquer the human race for the Martian people, Green Lantern is a fugitive who had to dump his green ring for a green gauntlet, Catwoman is the head crime boss of Gotham City (it agrees with her), there's now a [url=teenage street gang]http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/142/896/original/WEAREROBIN-cover1.jpg?1423229752[/url] based on Robin protecting Gotham City, Black Canary is the lead singer of a band who's concerts are interrupted by her BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF PEOPLE IN THE AUDIENCE, and they've jam-packing everything with diversity and more conservative spandex costumes for the women.

Apparently they're already gonna reverse some of this quickly because sales were hurt. THIS IS SO MUCH FUN

Neutral...  Suspect... Shiny/thrilled This sounds kind of awesome. Is there any line that would give me maximum insanity/fun without having to keep up with all of them?
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:40 pm

I think they're mostly set-up so that you can read them without reading anything else, though it's 100% in that some things will bleed over
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:55 pm

Mannnnnn, Colbert replacing Letterman has been kind of awkward so far, but the interview with Joe Biden was amazing
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Aggrax Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Catch and Release is now one of my favorite Steven Universe episodes.

Spoiler:
Aggrax
Aggrax

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:15 pm

The South Park episode where they parody Donald Trump's campaign, oh my god x)
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:17 pm

TLC Presents is the best Popcorn of the year. Pay $2 and dip into any bizarre American religious-sexual subculture you want for 43 minutes. God bless this glass house.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:15 pm

About a third of the way into a book, I decided that I liked the main character and found the plot fascinating, but worried I'd have to put it down when the romance arc reared its head, as the only two possible ones featured a 16-year-old and an adult (and a dead one at that) or that adult and a woman who seemed enough like a sister to give things an incest vibe.

I finished the book tonight. Strong ending, and not a whisper of a love story anywhere - just strong platonic friendships. I like romance in many books, but I'm really glad this author chose to pass on it in this story.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum